Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 14:35   #76
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the update, marlinspike. I guess that accounts for lower FE among Bangalore-based Fiestas that I've read about on this forum.
I really feel sad to know about how Bangalore has deteriorated over the years. However, I did go there for a couple of days in May, 2006, and the weather at Koramangala was far, far better than Hyd--it resembled Hyd weather during the monsoons.
Old 31st March 2009, 16:28   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinspike View Post
AC is not a choice its a necessity.
Agreed Marlinspike that we cannot bring the windows down. But possibly we can be in fan mode during the winter months.
Not sure how much that will improve the FE though.
I went for my 2nd free service on saturday and checked with the service rep. I heard figures of 9.5 and 10 FE only from him.
Old 16th April 2009, 22:54   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Agreed Marlinspike that we cannot bring the windows down. But possibly we can be in fan mode during the winter months.
Not sure how much that will improve the FE though.
I went for my 2nd free service on saturday and checked with the service rep. I heard figures of 9.5 and 10 FE only from him.
true, that might work in winter but FE won't improve by much as the waiting at signal would still drink up fuel.may be 10.5 kmpl but that's about it in blr in Fiesta petrol.
Old 17th April 2009, 17:23   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
true, that might work in winter but FE won't improve by much as the waiting at signal would still drink up fuel.may be 10.5 kmpl but that's about it in blr in Fiesta petrol.
I generally switch my engine off if the halt is more than 1.5 mins. BTW, is your model the 1.6 S or the sxi?
Old 22nd April 2009, 10:43   #80
BHPian

Getting 10 in city for fiesta 1.6 engine is good, i am just getting 10 kmpl in Bangalore traffic with 100% AC but on highway i am getting 15kmpl with 100% AC and speed between 100-120

-MUKE
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:21   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
Getting 10 in city for fiesta 1.6 engine is good, i am just getting 10 kmpl in Bangalore traffic with 100% AC but on highway i am getting 15kmpl with 100% AC and speed between 100-120

-MUKE
That is a good figure. From what I've read, Bangalore traffic is denser than Hyd, which accounts for a slightly lower F.E in city driving.

I've spoken to my service supervisor, and he confirmed that 90 to 100 in 5th gear is the speed for max mileage on the 1.6 Fiesta. It is much higher than my WagonR that has its sweet spot for F.E at speeds between 50 to 60 kmph on 5th gear---somehow I think only a moron would drive at such low speeds on a highway devoid of traffic--but hey, that's a different topic!

Last edited by vnabhi : 22nd April 2009 at 12:22.
Old 23rd April 2009, 01:50   #82
BHPian

I am getting a FE of 10 kms/liter with 100% AC on in Bangalore city driving conditions. I do not switch off the engine at traffic signals etc. I am happy with the FE of this car.
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:00   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I generally switch my engine off if the halt is more than 1.5 mins. BTW, is your model the 1.6 S or the sxi?
Its the Sport. I'm getting ~15 on the highway @ about 110 Kmp for far bit of the highway stretch.
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:49   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
I am getting a FE of 10 kms/liter with 100% AC on in Bangalore city driving conditions. I do not switch off the engine at traffic signals etc. I am happy with the FE of this car.
Quote:
Its the Sport. I'm getting ~15 on the highway @ about 110 Kmp for far bit of the highway stretch.
That's decent FE. Going by the above figures, I don't think there is any difference in the F.E. of a 1.6 S and other 1.6 variants, despite the bigger rims and wider tyres.
Old 23rd April 2009, 17:25   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
That's decent FE. Going by the above figures, I don't think there is any difference in the F.E. of a 1.6 S and other 1.6 variants, despite the bigger rims and wider tyres.
May be sedate driving not exceeding 90 kmph and steady speeds on the highway could improve F.E by a couple of KMPL but thats not what the Fiesta 1.6 is intended for.
Old 24th April 2009, 19:02   #86
Senior - BHPian

First issue with the car on 25th month/ 15 K odo

Guys,
My AC was not cooling properly yesterday on my return journey from office---I was getting some weird sound from the engine while releasing the throttle for up-shifting---a sound like the engine revvs continuing for a second though the throttle was released.
Surprisingly, it was not coming with the AC off. I continued the 13 km journey, and towards the fag end, I felt the AC was not cooling at all, though the AC and recirculate buttons were glowing.
I called the Ford service advisor, and he asked me to check the temp guage---I did and discovered to my horror it was at the max---120 degrees. I told him, and he said it could be due to the fan motor getting busted by extreme heat. He said it occurs more often in diesel cars.
I thought it had something to do with my windscreen film installation on Tuesday---perhaps the water had leaked into the fuse box, like some Swift owners had issues with their ECUs.
I gave it to Mody Ford today--drove without AC as advised, and the temp guage was normal all the 10 kms--in the middle position. Got the car back after 5 hours---they replaced the motor free of cost---else it would have cost me Rs 4500 or so.
Did any other Fiesta owners face this issue? I thank Suman and others who encouraged me to take extended warranty---I am now safe for another 2 years.
Old 24th April 2009, 19:19   #87
Senior - BHPian

Close call there, Vnabhi!

Now, is this sun-film installation something that all should be careful about! Guess we all have to be very (very) careful where we give and how the whole things is done.
Old 24th April 2009, 19:32   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Close call there, Vnabhi!

Now, is this sun-film installation something that all should be careful about! Guess we all have to be very (very) careful where we give and how the whole things is done.
Yep, it is better to play safe! The sun film is not the cause, per the service advisor of Mody Ford---he says diesel Fiesta's are more prone to such issues in scorching summers. Mine was a rare petrol that had the issue.
Old 26th April 2009, 15:34   #89
BHPian

Once on my way to Shirdi, I got 16.5 kmpl with 100% A.C.
I was driving quite sedately and shifting in the 5th gear as soon as I touch 80 and had a very light foot and max I did was 120kmph that too for a couple of seconds.
But the average speed was around 90-100.
I tanked up at Shirdi which is 277kms from Bombay and I filled it to the brim and I was surprised to see only 16.78 ltrs could go.
I.E 16.5 kmpl and in town with 100% ac i barely manage 9 not even 9.5kmpl.
I do not know why this cause but maybe the Bombay traffic might be affecting this.
Old 7th May 2009, 12:32   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidaford View Post
Once on my way to Shirdi, I got 16.5 kmpl with 100% A.C.
I was driving quite sedately and shifting in the 5th gear as soon as I touch 80 and had a very light foot and max I did was 120kmph that too for a couple of seconds.
But the average speed was around 90-100.
I tanked up at Shirdi which is 277kms from Bombay and I filled it to the brim and I was surprised to see only 16.78 ltrs could go.
I.E 16.5 kmpl and in town with 100% ac i barely manage 9 not even 9.5kmpl.
I do not know why this cause but maybe the Bombay traffic might be affecting this.
I did my trip last week twice to mysore.
Tanked up
blr-mysore-melkote-shravanbelakola-srirangapatna-ramanagara - fuel lamp up -Rs.1000 normal petrol -blr
tankedup - RS-1456 normal petrol- drove 125 KM in blr
blr-mysore-periapatna-bylakuppe-madikeri-sampaje - Fuel lamp on - DTE shows 50 KM - filled RS.1000 @ kallugundi-kukke- shakleshpur-hassan- kunigal- Solur checkpost-
DTE shows 70 KM -filled Rs 1000 normal petrol
-neelamangala-blr
Tankup- Rs.1130

DTE shows 466 KM after tank filled to brim. Not very happy with mileage - but then I was not driving sedate or anything

Most Viewed