Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2014, 22:00   #481
Senior - BHPian

re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!

With repeated calls from Mody Ford to avail their free summer service camp, I finally took the Red Injun this afternoon. The check up included AC performance, all liquids in the car, brakes and suspension, apart from a complimentary body wash.

Though the place was teeming with cars, they gave back the car to me after 3 hours, with no defect found. Came back home smiling, and chilling in the cool interiors of the car, despite the heat outside.

The odo touched 45000 kms when I reached home, and all those were moments of great excitement in the most FTD car under 10 lakhs.
Old 25th April 2014, 04:31   #482

I wonder how I lost touch of this particular thread.
It has been one of the most enlightening collection of inputs from all you ford fanatics.
And i only wish i could devote more time. A couple of queries and opinions loiter in my head but Ill see if anything has already been answered here.
Nonetheless I shall cover up my lag first and then make further comments or posts. Keep 'em coming!

cheers
minimalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 02:38   #483

Anyone here has faced any problems with a clunk sound from the steering rod inside the car when you are turning on a bumpy road??

I can hear as well as feel a thud whenever I'm turning over a rough patch of road.
Old 5th May 2014, 22:42   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimalist View Post
Anyone here has faced any problems with a clunk sound from the steering rod inside the car when you are turning on a bumpy road??

I can hear as well as feel a thud whenever I'm turning over a rough patch of road.
I have not got such a sound from inside the car. But I've got it from outside the car while turning, if one of the front wheels went over a small bump. I'd posted about this in one of the preceding pages, and many Ford owners said that the 'kadoom' sound was a typical Ford trait, and nothing to worry about.

I got a similar sound on my Figo too at the same spot and this confirmed what the owners had clarified.

Edit: Please refer to page 10 of this thread for the sound I was talking about.

Last edited by vnabhi : 5th May 2014 at 22:52. Reason: Added data
Old 5th May 2014, 23:11   #485
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

I have not got such a sound from inside the car. But I've got it from outside the car while turning, if one of the front wheels went over a small bump. I'd posted about this in one of the preceding pages, and many Ford owners said that the 'kadoom' sound was a typical Ford trait, and nothing to worry about.

I got a similar sound on my Figo too at the same spot and this confirmed what the owners had clarified.
Is this sound heard after the wheel balancing and alignment is done? It must be alignment/balancing related or check the lower arms.

Anurag.
Old 5th May 2014, 23:17   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is this sound heard after the wheel balancing and alignment is done? It must be alignment/balancing related or check the lower arms.

Anurag.
If you care to read the link I posted, there is no need for worry. Nothing to do with WA/WB
Old 6th May 2014, 00:46   #487

Quote:

Edit: Please refer to page 10 of this thread for the sound I was talking about.

Thanks abhi, I read the 10th page. Your regular service seems to have fixed that thud sound. My service is due in a few days. I'll try to get the mechanic to look into it and see if I can eliminate it as well. At least I'm not as worried anymore after knowing its a common trait of many ford vehicles.
Old 6th May 2014, 16:07   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks abhi, I read the 10th page. Your regular service seems to have fixed that thud sound. My service is due in a few days. I'll try to get the mechanic to look into it and see if I can eliminate it as well. At least I'm not as worried anymore after knowing its a common trait of many ford vehicles.
You're welcome. I'd not really say it got fixed after service,as it still comes when taking turns at a certain angle and speed. It comes even in a brand new Figo, so I'd certainly not worry about it.
Old 6th May 2014, 16:11   #489

Quote:
You're welcome. I'd not really say it got fixed after service,as it still comes when taking turns at a certain angle and speed. It comes even in a brand new Figo, so I'd certainly not worry about it.
Oh cool... nevertheless..it is a relief.. You're located in bangalore right?
Hopefully I might be driving down to bangalore soon. Will try to catch up with you
Cheers
Old 6th May 2014, 22:21   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh cool... nevertheless..it is a relief.. You're located in bangalore right?
Hopefully I might be driving down to bangalore soon. Will try to catch up with you
Cheers
Nope, I am based at Hyderabad. 'DC' in my profile refers to Durgam Cheruvu, besides which my office is located. The other DC refers to the District of Columbia.
Old 12th June 2014, 17:18   #491
BHPian

Hi everybody. Very pleased to find this thread, has so much info.
I have bought a fiesta recently (47k kms), but a 1.4 Duratec Exi and have completed 51K kms recently.

Things done so far -

As soon as i bought it, took it to Mahindra First Choice Miyapur. Got a 68pt check, interior and ext cleaning.

They said i have to change the radiator hose and oil and said everything else is good. But had only the oil in stock. So i decided to get it done out side.
Ameerpet Garage -
Semi Synthetic oil - Total 7000 10W40.
Air Filter and Oil Filter.
Bosch Twin Horn. The mech said that all the hoses are fine.
Mody, 7 tombs -
Front Left Inside tyre black fender. Fiesta Badge.

But the coolant levels keept going down very irregulary. Had to Banglore suddenly, so took it to Ford SVC just before a day. They checked every thing, looked at all the issues i gave them and said every thing was fine except for -

Disks and disk pads - changed
Left power window switch - changed
Left front shock leaking, so both had to be changed along with the connecting rods - Left it for future

Completed 4k kms in a month

Along with the shocks and radiator hose, i have few other niggles i have noticed. Clutch sound in neutral, Sound from Left back, Power Window Switches rattling, Sounds from behind the centre console, etc. Also my front bumper is in a very tatty state, should i go for insurance and get it done at Ford or go for an independent garage?
Now I want to take it for a good service. Kindly suggest the best service centre in Hyd which would carry all the required works in a proper manner and charge me correctly only for necessary stuff. Thankx in advance.
Old 15th June 2014, 12:56   #492
Senior - BHPian

@Rohit_quad---did you not carry out a thorough scan of the car before pitching in for a used car? The list of issues you've mentioned give an impression that you did not do it. Even a TD of the car would have revealed the vibrations in the interiors and perhaps the shocks.

And why did you not get the radiator hose replaced if the checks revealed that it was leaking? It does look like you need to spend big money to get all niggles fixed.

By the way, what is 'Mody -7 tombs'?
Old 16th June 2014, 12:34   #493
BHPian

@ Vnabhi - Yes, I have done an inspection as through as possible and even showed it to a mech. So first of all, the issues I have mentioned are more of perfection spoilers, rather than daily hindrances. The Power window switched rattle when i crank up the music only. The car goes like butter, even on bad roads, so there was no way of guessing the shock thing. As for the clutch, I have just given it to Mody ford, Mudford, who said it might be clutch master cylinder issue. As for the coolant Hose, the FORD SVC rechecked and confirmed that all the belts and hoses are fine. And my bad- It was Fortune Ford - 7 Tombs road, Tolichowki.
Old 17th June 2014, 15:19   #494
Senior - BHPian

I've been visiting Mody Ford at Mudfort for the past 7 years, and have been quite content with the attention provided by SAs named Vishwanath and Sarath. However, I was not too happy with that center's service of my Figo recently, for which the SA is different.

I've also found Vibrant Ford center near Sanath Nagar flyover to be good.

As regards your bumper, get it checked by a denting/ painting shop. If it is going to cost more than 2.5 K, then better claim insurance and get it done by the dealer.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 10:57   #495
BHPian

Hello All,
I have a 2009 Dec Ford Fiesta Zxi Petrol here in Kolkata.
My car has run only 22000 kms and all is well so far apart from rear shock replacement and the thud sound from the steering rod when turning on a bad road.
My most recent issue is that I have noticed rust on the lower portion of the doors and on the roof. Any of you faced any such problems.
Do any of you know the about Anti Rust Warranty for Ford Fiesta in India. My car is kept in a covered garage at night and is washed with water on alternate days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks