Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2014, 13:44   #511
Senior - BHPian

re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!

I forgot to mention that Rs 1975 spent on 'Internal panel protection charges' seemed dubious. But when I asked the S.A., he said they were doing that to all cars based on recommendation from Ford. I believe they need to remove the dashboard and fix that in order to protect the AC Evaporator, which is an Achilles Heel to most Fords. Let us see if this was money well spent.

The only part where I felt the charges were more was the labour charge for fitting 4 spark plugs: Rs 420 was the charge. The plugs were cheaper than the labour charges!
Old 22nd September 2014, 22:02   #512
Senior - BHPian

I was being pestered with calls from Mody Ford for service feedback. After driving a couple of hundred kms, I finally gave them an excellent rating. The brakes have good bite now and everything seems to be working fine.

The only thing I haven't done is a high-speed drive on the ORR. Will do it this week.
On the few chances I got to revv the engine beyond 3000 rpm, it does sound a wee bit more refined now, though the typical Duratec roar is still there to put a smile on my face!

I need to mention that I just now read Samba's update on his LTO of his petrol Liva, and the cost of replacing his rotors and front brake pads is similar to that of my Fiesta! So whoever said that Ford's parts are expensive had better check before posting.
Old 24th September 2014, 13:09   #513
Senior - BHPian

After a gap of nearly six months, I got a chance to gun the engine of the Red Injun on the ORR. The 34 kms drive to work (in place of the normal 15) took only 10 minutes longer.

The car was very planted at triple digit speeds (legal on Hyd ORR) and it was ecstatic to hear the snarl of the Duratec engine at RPMs between 3000 to 5000, though it was slightly muted by the synthetic oil in the recent service. The brakes and ABS worked as good as new, and quick lane changes could be done with a flick of the wrist (after flashing indicators, of course). There was no wind noise creeping in, and no rattles anywhere.

Overall, I am a very contented owner.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2014, 18:32   #514
BHPian

I have a quick question. If time permits, can one of the owners of the old fiestas ( prior to 2010 models ) take a snap of the under side of the bonnet door and post it. I had to change the bonnet after a minor accident and I dont see the insulation material under the bonnet. The service center manager tells me that the first version of Fiesta petrol cars did not have any kind of insulation under the bonnet flap door. This is how it looks like in my car after the bonnet door replacement.

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_20141011_172726.jpg  

Old 15th October 2014, 22:45   #515
Senior - BHPian

@tortoise---it is not there for sure in my car. I responded to your other thread also. I scanned my thread but could not find a picture of my car's bonnet. I guess I posted it on another thread a couple of years back.

So don't worry.
Old 15th December 2014, 10:03   #516
BHPian

I wanted to know if the odometer lights switch off after you lock the car? Mine seems to stay on. Also there are two reverse lights right?
Old 15th December 2014, 11:50   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuarterMile View Post
I wanted to know if the odometer lights switch off after you lock the car? Mine seems to stay on. Also there are two reverse lights right?
So the odo lights stay on for about 5 mins and then go off.
IIRC there is an edition/version with just one reverse light.
Old 15th December 2014, 11:56   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
So the odo lights stay on for about 5 mins and then go off.
IIRC there is an edition/version with just one reverse light.
Mine doesn't seem to go off.. Have parked the car overnight and it still remains on. What could be the issue? Regarding the reverse lights there is one holder in each tail lamp. Guess my mechanic couldn't figure the wiring will check with ford or some experienced electrician.
Old 15th December 2014, 12:18   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine doesn't seem to go off.. Have parked the car overnight and it still remains on. What could be the issue? Regarding the reverse lights there is one holder in each tail lamp. Guess my mechanic couldn't figure the wiring will check with ford or some experienced electrician.
About the Odo, get ford to check it- its an ecu setting.
about the tail lamp, I suspect the right reverse one is a dummy.

Put the car in on and then engage the reverse. If the both lights are not coming on, then the other issue is the reverse light switch which is sometimes known to fail.
madan80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 12:26   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
About the Odo, get ford to check it- its an ecu setting.
about the tail lamp, I suspect the right reverse one is a dummy.

Put the car in on and then engage the reverse. If the both lights are not coming on, then the other issue is the reverse light switch which is sometimes known to fail.
Thanks for the info I'll go to ford only and get both the issues checked.
Old 15th December 2014, 17:04   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just took delivery of the 1.6 Titanium model on Monday last week. There are 2 reverse lights. And the odo light in my car too stays on after the car being switched off. When asked, the sales guy said it is supposed to be that way!!! Now going by the posts of madan80, have to get it checked at the SVC when i visit them for the first service.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 17:09   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Does it stay on even after you park it overnight? Mine stays on for a while (havent noticed the exact duration). Have you checked it before unlocking the car? Unlocking/opening the door turns the odo reading ON.
glenmz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 21:53   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Does it stay on even after you park it overnight? Mine stays on for a while (havent noticed the exact duration). Have you checked it before unlocking the car? Unlocking/opening the door turns the odo reading ON.
Yup your right. The odometer light is connected to the remote rather than ignition. I use to always check after unlocking the door.
Old 16th December 2014, 12:19   #524
BHPian

My father's brother is having a fiesta 1.6 petrol that has run 2.8 lakh kms. I drove it a few days back. No significant rattles or squeaks and the engine is still running smooth.
fireblade007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 12:57   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Just took delivery of the 1.6 Titanium model on Monday last week. There are 2 reverse lights. And the odo light in my car too stays on after the car being switched off. When asked, the sales guy said it is supposed to be that way!!! Now going by the posts of madan80, have to get it checked at the SVC when i visit them for the first service.
Congrats Abhinav on your acquisition of the only NA petrol driver's machine this side of 10L. Is it a used car or new Classic 1.6(asking since your sig mentions 'Fiesta' without 'Classic') Please start an ownership thread soon as there are zero ownership reports of Classic 1.6 on the internet. This machine is surely tempting as it is cheaper than many B2 segment diesel hatches. I'm planning to book a car soon. My mind is telling Bolt/Figo Diesel, where as heart is telling Classic 1.6 Titanium

Last edited by theredliner : 17th December 2014 at 13:00.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks