Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2016, 15:39   #691
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuarterMile View Post
My headlight reflectors have started to age. Planning on getting new headlamps. Was thinking if I should buy a new pair or just get the old ones painted black and install HIDs?
Dont get HIDs. Theyre useless in the fiesta reflectors. Get a new pair. Or, before that, take it to a headlight guy. Or if you're brave, open it up, clean it, and seal it. Its not very skill oriented.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 15:56   #692
BHPian

Here is a short video of 0-100 run captured using Xiaomi Yi Camera Ulysse Speedometer clocked this run at 14.09s. 12s should be possible
akshay380 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 21:40   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Dont get HIDs. Theyre useless in the fiesta reflectors. Get a new pair. Or, before that, take it to a headlight guy. Or if you're brave, open it up, clean it, and seal it. Its not very skill oriented.
Yah I'll get it done from outside only. SC Ford, Mumbai quoted me 16k for both the headlamps would probably get a better after market option around that price.

My Fiesta's clutch and pressure plate needs to be changed, got quoted around 8k by SC ford. Is it the correct price? Considering what they are quoting for the headlamps, just wanted to confirm. Also facing some heating issues so will need get the radiator, resistance and fan motor checked. I'm just hoping it's not a gasket issue. Anyone ever faced any overheating problems?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st June 2016 at 22:08. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post within the 30 minute window to add more contents to it. Thanks!
Old 1st June 2016, 23:26   #694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuarterMile View Post
Yah I'll get it done from outside only. SC Ford, Mumbai quoted me 16k for both the headlamps would probably get a better after market option around that price.

My Fiesta's clutch and pressure plate needs to be changed, got quoted around 8k by SC ford. Is it the correct price? Considering what they are quoting for the headlamps, just wanted to confirm. Also facing some heating issues so will need get the radiator, resistance and fan motor checked. I'm just hoping it's not a gasket issue. Anyone ever faced any overheating problems?
What issue are you facing? Do not let it run at Max for even a minute. Tow it. I've blown a gasket, needed headwork. Check on my thread, you can compare symptoms. 8k seems about right for clutch at Ford. Labor will be an additional 3-5k, I recall.
Old 2nd June 2016, 00:25   #695
BHPian

Quote:
What issue are you facing? Do not let it run at Max for even a minute. Tow it. I've blown a gasket, needed headwork. Check on my thread, you can compare symptoms. 8k seems about right for clutch at Ford. Labor will be an additional 3-5k, I recall.
Moment I switch on the AC after a few minutes the engine temperature goes up by one or two points on the temp. gauge. Never touches red though. Also the fan sometimes doesn't switch off after I remove the key from the ignition.
How much did you end up spending on the headwork? Got it done by Ford?
Old 3rd June 2016, 22:42   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Got my car serviced and tires upgraded to 185/65/R14. Steering is butter smooth now.

Vnabhi sir, Do you find Fiesta steering as direct n weighted as Figo at 80+ speed's? I find Figo to be heavier in feel and very direct.
Nope, no difference in my case. I prefer the Fiesta's steering over the Figo's as it is nicer to hold: the leather wrap does make it smoother.
Old 17th June 2016, 12:34   #697
BHPian

So both Fiesta and Figo were st ASS so asked them if we could swap the headunits so I get Figos Bluetooth enabled HU in Fiesta but the dude said connectors are different and it wont fit :(

Also vnabhi sir do you know if Fiesta has mic in car? I tried making calls by connecting phone using Aux cable but other person cannot hear me unless phone is very close by.

Last edited by akshay380 : 17th June 2016 at 12:36.
Old 17th June 2016, 14:25   #698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So both Fiesta and Figo were st ASS so asked them if we could swap the headunits so I get Figos Bluetooth enabled HU in Fiesta but the dude said connectors are different and it wont fit :(
ANy audio guy with half a brain will be able to do it if it fits, connectors be damned.
Quote:
Also vnabhi sir do you know if Fiesta has mic in car? I tried making calls by connecting phone using Aux cable but other person cannot hear me unless phone is very close by.
"Itna paisa mein itta hi milega!!"
Sorry, couldn't resist that.
No, there's no mic. Change the stereo, thats the best way forward. This car has invisible bells and whistles, under the hood and in the chassis. Enjoy that, stop talking on the phone, (ford seemed to say)!!
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 16:30   #699
BHPian

Sure will check with some audio guy when dad is here next.

Quote:
This car has invisible bells and whistles, under the hood and in the chassis. Enjoy that, stop talking on the phone, (ford seemed to say)!!
Re this statement, absolutely true. I did two Goa-Pune trips with ZERO music played. If i get bored, i just downshift and listen to the nirvana
Old 19th June 2016, 13:58   #700
BHPian

Refreshing a 2011 Ford Fiesta SXi

A very good afternoon to all Team-BHPians!

My Ford Fiesta 2011 SXi has crossed 50k km and now requires the following

1. The front tires have almost gone 70% bald.
a. Is it ok to change just the front tires or is it best to change all four?
b. While changing, is it an option to upgrade tires to another inch or would that entail changing the wheels?
c. Does it make for a smoother ride if replaced with wider tires? From stock wheels to what?
d. For some reason the puncture repair guy suggested Bridgestone. Is there merit?

2. The CD player is dated. Want to get a good DVD player in its place. Any suggestions?

3. Other minors scraps and tinkering required. Is there a garage other than Ford in Bangalore that is reliable and professional? (I used Green tracks earlier for my Indigo and they rock for Tata cars)

Many many thanks in advance for help and suggestions.

Best regards,
Sincerely,
Naga.sid
Old 19th June 2016, 14:03   #701
Team-BHP Support

Re: Refreshing a 2011 Ford Fiesta SXi

- I would suggest changing all fours
- Upsizing is possible. But please check on relevant threads/owners to what levels it can be upsized. As per me hold on to OEM specs, but get better rubber.
- DVD Player: Do you really need one? Instead why not target the cash and over all music system upgrade.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 14:23   #702
BHPian

a. Is it ok to change just the front tires or is it best to change all four?

Ideally it would be best to change all 4 and rotate and align them frequently so that they wear out evenly. Please take a look at the condition of the rear tire and accordingly take a decision. However, if you decide to change only the fronts, then please stick to the stock size as it is best to have the same size on all 4 wheels.

b. While changing, is it an option to upgrade tires to another inch or would that entail changing the wheels?
Are you planning to switch to bigger dia rims or only get wider tires? If you intend to retain your wheels then you can only get wider tires. I assume the current stock size is 175/65 R14. One thing you can do is to switch to 185/65's on the same wheels. The extra side wall height lends itself to better ride comfort.

c. Does it make for a smoother ride if replaced with wider tires? From stock wheels to what?
Answered above, one size wider while retaining the aspect ratio.

d. For some reason the puncture repair guy suggested Bridgestone. Is there merit?
I would suggest Michelins XM, pricey but makes for a smoother ride with lower road noise.
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 16:42   #703
Senior - BHPian

Change all four tyres since they are anyway pretty old now. You can upsize the profile but I would not recommend that. If possible splurge on some 15" alloys shod with 195 section rubber. If you don't feel like upgrading to 15" alloys, then you can go with Michelin XM2 Energys or Yokohama Earth1 or even try Falken Azensis (comes with a 5 year accidental warranty) but maintain the tyre circumference. Keep in mind that they are all basic eco tyres and while they may be slightly better than your stock tyres, they still won't be that great. If you do indeed upgrade to 15" wheels, then please look at getting Hankook Ventus EVO V12 tyres. It is a midrange sport tyre with phenomenal dry grip, wet grip, braking performance and feedabck and will allow you to truly extract the most out of the well balance Fiesta chassis

Last edited by IshaanIan : 19th June 2016 at 16:53.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 23:17   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The 2-din unit in the Figo looks a bit bigger. So he may be right.

As regards mic, my car does not have it. Nor does it have an Aux. Yours might be a later model, so I'm not sure if things have changed. I do know that the unit moved on from a 6-cd changer to one that plays mp3 on models from 2008 onwards.

I don't have an issue with phone calls because I got a separate Nokia CK7W unit installed free as a promotional offer by Ford India for those who bought their Fiestas in March 2007. It works like a charm even today, though it is not that advanced as contemporary units.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 10:04   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naga.sid View Post
My Ford Fiesta 2011 SXi has crossed 50k km and now requires the following

SInce your tyres are 5 years old, I would suggest to change all the 4. I would recommend Michelin energy XM2. I own a 2010 Fiesta and changes to Michelin XM2 at 37 K Kms. Now the tyres have done 28 K KMs and will last for another 10 - 15 K Kms. Tyres are silent and the mileage also improved marginally. i would recommend to keep the stock size. If you want to upgrade, use 185/60 R 14 tyres.

For body work, consider Trend.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 26th January 2017 at 21:17. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire large posts when replying. It inconveniences our small screen and mobile users.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed