Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2016, 09:14   #721
BHPian

re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!

Anyone found error codes P0324 and P0325 on your rides? These are related to knock sensors. I'm guessing issues with wiring or connectors since as per many Ford forums this sensor rarely fails.
Old 14th October 2016, 11:03   #722
BHPian

The car has run about 7000 kms since I got it. Got my 1.6 detailed inside and out. The colour had faded over the years. Now looks like new. Couple of my shock absorbers were weak. So changed the whole set and replaced them with 1.6s shocks. Ride quality is a little bit more bumpy but quite stiff over bad roads. Car feels fantastic on good roads though. I will have to lower the car if it needs to feel any more stable. But skipped that for now since I'm quite happy doing legal speeds on the highway. Loving the driving experience. Just feels so natural to me.

Got an FM transmitter to connect USB and Aux to the HU since it only has a 6CD changer and FM and it only plays Audio CDs. Changing the HU seemed more trouble than it was worth, plus it sounds good.
rohitnp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 02:02   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitnp View Post
So changed the whole set and replaced them with 1.6s shocks. Ride quality is a little bit more bumpy but quite stiff over bad roads. Car feels fantastic on good roads though. I will have to lower the car if it needs to feel any more stable. But skipped that for now since I'm quite happy doing legal speeds on the highway. Loving the driving experience. Just feels so natural to me.
Are they still available? I have bugged my dealership a thousand times about the 1.6S suspension, steering as well as the body kit. Heck, I cannot even secure a 1.6 Duratec badge! Can you tell us how did you manage to procure them?

More feedback is appreciated too. Thanks in advance.

Neel
Old 15th October 2016, 09:38   #724
BHPian

Quote:
I will have to lower the car if it needs to feel any more stable. But skipped that for now since I'm quite happy doing legal speeds on the highway. Loving the driving experience.
I can find out if the 1.6 badge is still available with the service centre/dealer I go to.

What does it mean, "to lower the car"?

Vip.
Old 15th October 2016, 16:59   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
I can find out if the 1.6 badge is still available with the service centre/dealer I go to.

What does it mean, "to lower the car"?

Vip.
I think he refers to lowering the suspension setup on his car for better road manners and handling while sacrificing on ground clearance.

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 17:01   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
I think he refers to lowering the suspension setup on his car for better road manners and handling while sacrificing on ground clearance.

Neel
Do you really need the 1.6 badge? I'll source one for you. Btw the simple Fiesta logo costs 370 bucks :(
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 17:53   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Neel.

Once I asked the service centre in Lucknow if they could do so for my car, because I always felt that my Fiesta's rear suspension makes it stand a little high, compared to many other Fiestas of the same period. They said 'no' and that it did not matter.

The same problem is there with the present Fiat Linea too. The raised ground clearance (it has 185 mm GC) is especially evident at the rear.

Doesn't this cause greater body roll?

Vip.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 14:54   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Do you really need the 1.6 badge? I'll source one for you. Btw the simple Fiesta logo costs 370 bucks :(
I need one. I found the '1' missing from the logo recently and only a '.6' remains. I saw yet another car with the same thing. Either someone is stealing part of the logos or they tend to fall off after 9 or more years!

Can you please let me know if you get one and also how much it costs? I'll be in Bangalore for a month from 19th October, so any pointers will be helpful.
Old 20th October 2016, 23:27   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Thanks!

Currently, only the Classic and Titanium badges present on the car don't really make her stand out.

I will have to procure the Duratec badge sometime, or completely debadge her. I will ask around in the dealerships in Kolkata and let you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Thanks Neel.

Once I asked the service centre in Lucknow if they could do so for my car, because I always felt that my Fiesta's rear suspension makes it stand a little high, compared to many other Fiestas of the same period. They said 'no' and that it did not matter.

The same problem is there with the present Fiat Linea too. The raised ground clearance (it has 185 mm GC) is especially evident at the rear.

Doesn't this cause greater body roll?

Vip.
Absolutely agreed.

I have always found the Fiesta to sit higher when compared to the rest of the car. The 14 inchers especially look puny.

Lowering does indeed matter, from a scientific point of view. And higher GC will definitely cause more body roll as the centre of gravity is affected. Do let me know if I went wrong somewhere.

Neel
Old 21st October 2016, 12:11   #730
BHPian

Quote:
TSo changed the whole set and replaced them with 1.6s shocks.
How much did the shocks cost on the whole? Can you please give a breakup of this if possible? Thanks.
Old 21st October 2016, 12:31   #731
BHPian

Shocks cost 12k approximately. Don't have exact bill. Labour was extra. I think the cost of the shocks shouldn't be too different from the softer shocks that came with the SXI since both are OE from Ford.
Old 21st October 2016, 14:30   #732
BHPian

Quote:

Neel
yes indeed. As far as I know this cannot be done with OE ford shocks. Hence will have to get something like bilstein plus lowering springs. All that will cost almost the same as the present value of the car. Not worth it for my needs.

Quote:
Are they still available? I have bugged my dealership a thousand times about the 1.6S suspension, steering as well as the body kit. Heck, I cannot even secure a 1.6 Duratec badge! Can you tell us how did you manage to procure them?

More feedback is appreciated too. Thanks in advance.

Neel
I got it through an independent garage who got it through a contact in Ford and they used the VIN of a 1.6S they know to get the part.

Admins i've exceeded the time limit for editing. please merge posts
rohitnp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 15:25   #733
BHPian

I just crossed 97k and thought will change the timing belt through my friend's service center. The service center checked the price of timing belt with VST Bangalore and they quoted 1200 Rs. I looked the spare part price in Ford website and there it is quoted as 644 Rs.

I am also getting the tensioner and water pump changed along with this. I checked in Ford website and they have only the fast moving spare parts price listed

I have contacted Ford Customer care as the difference cannot be so huge. Anyone changed the Timing belt, tensioner, water pump recently? if so, do you remember the price?
Old 6th November 2016, 12:22   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Anyone changed the Timing belt, tensioner, water pump recently? if so, do you remember the price?
Had changed the timing belt, drive belts and pully tensioner recently. Their cost plus labour charges came out to around 7k
Old 6th November 2016, 13:49   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
Had changed the timing belt, drive belts and pully tensioner recently. Their cost plus labour charges came out to around 7k
This was at Ford? Mind sharing bill image please? I was quoted 12+ by A.S.S.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks