Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2017, 14:16   #766
Senior - BHPian

re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!

The Red Injun completed a decade with me last night. I can't believe that 10 exciting years have gone by so fast! The car continues to thrill as it did on day 1.

In order to mark the occasion, I gave it a nice brush with the Jopasu duster and took her for a spin on Necklace Road. After reaching an open spot, I floored the throttle just to hear the snarl of the Duratec, supported by superlative combination of ride and handling.

Took some pictures and returned home. The odo before starting the trip was 60290. Yes, my usage isn't much, but in the last one year, more than 7000 kms were covered. which included two trips to Bangalore.

I have used it around 85% in the city, but the 15% on the highways always holds a special place in my heart. I believe it will be difficult to find another car in the segment these days that has such a unique combo of both low and and high end grunt! And I don't really need to look for another car. I have this habit of keeping cars for a long, long time, as long as they are trouble-free and spare parts are not a problem. For instance, my WagonR is 15.5 years old and has munched 83200 kms.

I look forward to many more years of excitement with the Fiesta. Below are pictures taken today:

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_20170314_120817.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_20170314_122506.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_20170314_122531.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_20170314_122636.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_20170314_122713.jpg
vnabhi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 14:32   #767
Team-BHP Support

That car's a keeper. To quote an oft-repeated but thoroughly justified cliche, they just don't make 'em like that anymore.

It hurts an automotive heart to see what one could get well under 10L INR not very many years ago.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 16:44   #768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
That car's a keeper. To quote an oft-repeated but thoroughly justified cliche, they just don't make 'em like that anymore.

It hurts an automotive heart to see what one could get well under 10L INR not very many years ago.
Exactly my thoughts! And also those of many other 1.6 owners!

I remember bhpian zen91 (who owned a 1.6S) saying that he read somewhere that the 1.6S (the Sports version) was Ford's special gift to India! It's a pity that not many realized it when it was under production. The 1.6 sxi comes close to that, though it is more comfort oriented.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 17:35   #769
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Exactly my thoughts! And also those of many other 1.6 owners!

I remember bhpian zen91 (who owned a 1.6S) saying that he read somewhere that the 1.6S (the Sports version) was Ford's special gift to India! It's a pity that not many realized it when it was under production. The 1.6 sxi comes close to that, though it is more comfort oriented.
There's a pristine black 1.6S in my office parking lot, usually parked next to a yellow Cedia Sports. Two legends.
Old 14th March 2017, 17:37   #770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
There's a pristine black 1.6S in my office parking lot, usually parked next to a yellow Cedia Sports. Two legends.
Wow, I remember even the yellow Cedia Sports looked hot! Even the interiors were lovely on that! Do take pictures of both and preserve them for the future.
Old 14th March 2017, 18:05   #771
BHPian

Venu Sir, extremely well maintained and pristine looking vehicle of yours. Wishing you many more happy miles with your beauty.
zen91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 09:06   #772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Venu Sir, extremely well maintained and pristine looking vehicle of yours. Wishing you many more happy miles with your beauty.

Many thanks, Brajesh. I was quoting you a while earlier!
Old 15th March 2017, 09:41   #773
BHPian

A special car indeed, I hope she keeps you happy as it has till now. It's a keeper.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 21:18   #774
BHPian

Awesome congratulations. I too own a 2009 sxi that has completed a little over 7 years. I finally decided to let it go as I wanted an automatic and a modern integrated ICE. The guys who came over to test drive really were thrilled with the engine and response.

I decided to stay in the ford family, am buying a used ecosport AT
jaganm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:22   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
Awesome congratulations. I too own a 2009 sxi that has completed a little over 7 years. I finally decided to let it go as I wanted an automatic and a modern integrated ICE. The guys who came over to test drive really were thrilled with the engine and response.

I decided to stay in the ford family, am buying a used ecosport AT
Congrats on your Ecosport AT. I'm sure you'll find it a boon to drive on Bangalore roads. Do put up a review whenever you get time.

And how many kms did you cover on your Fiesta when you sold it?
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:57   #776

I have used it around 85% in the city, but the 15% on the highways always holds a special place in my heart. I believe it will be difficult to find another car in the segment these days that has such a unique combo of both low and and high end grunt! And I don't really need to look for another car. I have this habit of keeping cars for a long, long time, as long as they are trouble-free and spare parts are not a problem. For instance, my WagonR is 15.5 years old and has munched 83200 kms.

I look forward to many more years of excitement with the Fiesta. Below are pictures taken today:

Exactly my sentiments too. I have an Feista 1.6s which is 7 years old. I intend to keep it untill it becomes unbearable.
1.6s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 12:04   #777
BHPian

Is this right?
Will I void my extended warranty if I ditch Motocraft batteries (Fords own battery) for Amaron or Exide?

My 2014 Ford Classic Diesel which is just 2.5 years old started giving me signs of battery issues last day and I had to jump start the car and now its fine. During the recent days im not using it on a daily basis but atleast its getting switched on and put in idle and then raised for few min once in 3-4 days.

Battery drain in 2.5 years is something which is usual?? Can I get Exide or Amaron to replace this stock Ford Battery? WIll it void warranty? WIll there be issues in the delivered current amperes to the car?

Some one please help.
Old 28th March 2017, 14:04   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
Is this right?
Will I void my extended warranty if I ditch Motocraft batteries (Fords own battery) for Amaron or Exide?

Battery drain in 2.5 years is something which is usual?? Can I get Exide or Amaron to replace this stock Ford Battery? WIll it void warranty? WIll there be issues in the delivered current amperes to the car?

Some one please help.
No issues with the amperage or voltage with either Amaron or Exide. I don't think EW will be voided, but I am not sure because my battery lasted more than 5 years. On my Figo, it lasted just as long as the EW.

I've put Amaron on the Fiesta as it was cheaper than Motorcraft, and it also had a 4 year warranty. The battery will be 5 years this June, and it is doing fine. I don't expect it to be changed for the next 6 months. But the only issue with non-Ford batteries is that the plastic cover on the positive terminal does not sit tight. Not an issue if you ask me. For a picture, please refer to post 647 of March 23rd last year on this thread.

On the Figo, I've gone for the Motorcraft battery. I'll use it for comparision when it fizzles out. The stock one in the Figo lasted me only 3 years.

Last edited by vnabhi : 28th March 2017 at 14:09.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 14:13   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
Is this right?
My OEM battery on fiesta classic diesel lasted 4+ years. My trusty SA recommended Amaron over Exide as he mentioned that cars that had Exide had some niggles. Amaron had a 4 year warranty as well.
glenmz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 15:25   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
No issues with the amperage or voltage with either Amaron or Exide. I don't think EW will be voided, but I am not sure because my battery lasted more than 5 years. On my Figo, it lasted just as long as the EW.

I've put Amaron on the Fiesta as it was cheaper than Motorcraft, and it also had a 4 year warranty. The battery will be 5 years this June, and it is doing fine. I don't expect it to be changed for the next 6 months. But the only issue with non-Ford batteries is that the plastic cover on the positive terminal does not sit tight. Not an issue if you ask me. For a picture, please refer to post 647 of March 23rd last year on this thread.

On the Figo, I've gone for the Motorcraft battery. I'll use it for comparision when it fizzles out. The stock one in the Figo lasted me only 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
My OEM battery on fiesta classic diesel lasted 4+ years. My trusty SA recommended Amaron over Exide as he mentioned that cars that had Exide had some niggles. Amaron had a 4 year warranty as well.

Do you guys think my classic's battery issue due the reason that im not using it on a daily basis? If I switch it ON daily and raise for few mins will the issue solve for now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks