Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2008, 00:37   #16
BHPian

Versa(tile) vehicle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
PROS:
1.The seating is versatile - fold the middle seat and you have a dining table --or a place where you can rest your legs while sitting in the rear seat.No other vehicle offers this.
2.extremely low on maintenance.
5.extremely good manouvering in city - courtesy good gear ratios, flat body sides,optimum width, high seating,short bonnet

CONS:
2.BUMPY RIDE - when the vehicle is unladen.

As my friends said, it takes a lot of guts to buy this.....but THIS VEHICLE can be appreciated only by those who spot the gem hidden within.
Fully agree on the points quoted above. Enjoy your Versa(tile) vehicle!
Old 24th April 2008, 00:58   #17
Team-BHP Support

Versa owners, please share some pics.
Old 8th June 2009, 23:38   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

48000kms on Versa

My five point five year old Versa DX has been running rock solid with only the following jobs done in 48 k kms
  • Engine oil+filter change every 10k kms - Rs.1000 each time
  • Added Nulon at 40 k kms -Rs.410 - the engine has become super smooth
  • Coolant change every 20 k kms - Rs.300 each time
  • Wiper blades changed once with Bosch - Rs.260
  • Both struts rubber repalced - bearings and washers intact - Rs.200
  • Throttle Body cleaning every 15 k kms - Rs.300 each time
  • Tyres replaced today at 48000 kms with the stock ones still having 10k kms tread left - changed them with stock L607 as they had become too noisy.Got Rs2000 for the old set of five in which two had suffered uneven tread wear - net Rs.11800
  • All front caliper slider pins and grease boots repalced - this is a TVS Girling part and costs a mere Rs.140 a kit(Rs.280 overall)
  • Rear brake cylinders replaced - this is a MUST READ - I suddenly noticed the brake warning alarm come on last Monday-checked the brake fluid reservoir and saw it at the minimum mark.Seeing enough fluid below the min mark in the reservoir,drove back, slowly though.

After travelling ten kms,saw that the fluid level was constant.But I noticed some stains on the rear right tyre which suggested a leak from the brake cylinder.I know by experience that brake cylinders don't just fail all of a sudden,but anyway got the wheel opened .The leak was bad.

On checking with Maruti Spare Parts Stockist,I was shocked to receive a quote of Rs.1845 for this part,probably because it is made by NISSIN Brakes Japan and is a Suzuki Genuine Part(SGP).I know that Brakes India and KBX(now Bosch) make wheel cylinders for most cars and they cost approx Rs.250 each.

Checked with Brakes india and found that they manufacture only the front brake assembly for this car.Got to speak to someone in Bosch Chassis Systems Pune(KBX) who told me that they make the rear brake assembly for this car.Temporary relief !!!But the guy added that the right side wheel cylinder was not in stock in their Ahmedabad Warehouse.Oh No !!!!

I got the part nos. from them for both left and right wheels.

He then gave me the tel. no. of the Surat distributor,who also said they had no stock.

Called back Bosch,asked if they have a local sales rep.,whose no. was given.This guy was kind enough to check which spare parts dealer had the part and eventually gave me a confirmation in 30 minutes.

I re-confirmed with the dealer and went and picked it up yesterday.The part,however had OMNI written on it.When I asked the guy,he said he would not know if it fitted the Versa as he was only asked about the part no.

I compared both the damaged part and the new one-both were 3/4" in dia and 48mm long.both had two ports for brake fluid lines connection and the mounting screw dimensions were also perfect.The only difference was that the NISSIN one had one port at an angle of 10 degrees,while the KBX had both ports in the same axis.

Got the right side and left side wheel cylinders.

Took the parts,and they fitted perfect.One brake pipe on the right had to be bent by approx 10 degrees so that it could be threaded into the cylinder.

On the left side there was no issue as the second port is only a bleed nipple.

As a precaution,had the old brake fluid in the lines displaced with new brake fluid.The KBX(now Bosch) wheel cylinders costRs.190 each - peanuts
Sad that such a comptent vehicle is being shunned by even dealers - I have reports that they dissuade customers from buying it 'coz of prohibitive costs of spares - nonsense

Anyways,here are a few pics
Attached Thumbnails
42K ownership report of 2004 Versa.-versa1.jpg  

42K ownership report of 2004 Versa.-versa2.jpg  

Old 21st June 2009, 15:05   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Going Strong

UPDATE
Today,five adults plus 19 pieces of heavy luggage was transported 12kms to Surat Railway Station in my Versa .The ride was good,engine never pleaded and the five enjoyed the aircon plus some good music.

For those of you who've visited this City,the Station is one of the toughest areas to manouvre around - and the "Premium Parking" area is generally filled with long vehicles - SX4s,Citys,Innovas,Taveras and the like.

This fella could be manouvered around with ease and could move out of the tight fit park lot with consummate ease,courtesy its short bonnet.

The virtues of this car definitely make it a second vehicle,especially for large families.

Some facts:

WIDTH 1475mm(against 1490mm of the WagonR)
LENGTH 3675mm(same as the Indica)
Turning Radius 4.5m(same as ??????????)
Old 8th December 2011, 11:12   #20
BHPian

Re: The "Versatile" Versa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Fucot anti-corrosion underbody coat
Hi vigsom,

Saw your post about Fucot underbody coating, needed your input.

I just bought a scorpio and the dealier is offering free Fucot under body treatment the product name he says is MaxiCare.

I suppose its been three years now on your vehicle, so wanted get your feedback. Especially as I have not heard about Fucot earlier and not much details available on the web or this forum.

Also the dealier is claiming it costs 4300/- where as the well know brand 3M is only charging 3700/-
Old 8th December 2011, 15:05   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 42K ownership report of 2004 Versa.

^^ I have sold the car in dec2010,but the underbody coat remained intact ; no corrosion at all.

However,my funda always has been - whatever comes free is suspect
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks