Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2008, 14:45   #61
BHPian

nice pics buddy

An FE of 9-10 is not bad at all.i used to get about 11.

And when you do plan on your FFE venture, do keep me updated. i am interested on one for my 1.2 sport as well
Old 9th May 2008, 14:56   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
As an enthusiast who bought a Palio 1.6, you must get an after-market exhaust fitted. Somehow, free-flows sound awesome on Fiats (Palios and Padminis alike).
IIRC the installation process is difficult because of the location of the exhaust manifold - but yes its true that the FFE sounds awsome on fiats (dont know about palios - but definitely good in padminis)

@ shahnawaz - congrats on the buy - the palio 1.6 is quite fast are you planning to upgrade the tyres? does it still have the stock 175/65s?

can anyone of you guys provide a link to a video of the exhaust note of a FFEd Palio 1.6?

Last edited by planet_rocker : 9th May 2008 at 15:01.
Old 9th May 2008, 15:05   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
.... are you planning to upgrade the tyres? does it still have the stock 175/65s?...
Buddy, it is still running on the stock 175/65 tyres. They will last easily last for another 7-10K kms. Then I will upgrade to 185/65/14 or 195/60/14.
Old 11th May 2008, 22:58   #64
BHPian

i think the s10 comes with a sporty exhaust...
i know it does not compare with the after market ones, but sometimes i feel it does the work...
Old 12th May 2008, 11:02   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
i think the s10 comes with a sporty exhaust...
i know it does not compare with the after market ones, but sometimes i feel it does the work...
Yes, the S10 comes with a chrome tipped sporty exhaust -- different from exhaust that comes in 1.6 GTX/Sports.

In my personal opinion, the S10 sporty exhaust sounds ok.. nothing great.. it does make a distinct sweet sound in speeds of 100+

Maybe, in bangalore traffic I am always driving with windows closed + A/c + Music, so can't hear the sound of the S10 sporty exhaust..
Old 12th May 2008, 11:48   #66
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 12th May 2008 at 16:57.
gods-envy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th June 2008, 19:54   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Modding my Palio S10: Green Storm CAI + Dynamization Kit

Friends,

It's been more than 6 weeks since I traded my Santro with a Palio S10 and it has been 6 weeks of sheer driving bliss ever since. The refinement, the sheer power/torque, the handling of the S10 continues to amaze me and can safely say that it is the my S10 that has spiced up my daily drive in Bangalore traffic(and the rising petrol prices).

Have been treating my S10 to regular mods/enhancements every 2 weeks or so and the latest one involved getting a Green Storm CAI + Dymamization Kit done.

Just to recap, had got done the following over last 2-3 weeks
  • JBL Components + JBL Amp + JBL Sub
  • Synthetic Oil Change + Sparco Mudflaps(to prevent the water/slush from spoiling the body)
I had been reading about CAI and had decided to go for Green over K&N (personal preference). While I had zeroed in on the Green Storm, Anil, from Hot Tracks, suggested that Wind would be ideal for Palio. This created some confusion and it was back to research on t-bhp. I even called up pete and asked him for advise and he suggested Storm. This settled the matter and this morning me and wifey(It's great to have a wife who is equally passionate about cars & car modifications) drove to Hot Tracks. Got the Storm installed and it took approximately 30 minutes to get the install done. I had taken pictures of a fellow bhpian's Green Storm install on S10 from t-bhp to clearly set expectations on how I wanted the install and made sure that the install was exactly how I wanted.

Ok, enough of writing. here are the pictures(mobile quality).

BTW, it cost me a total of 9,450/-

My initial unbiased perceptions after driving ~20 Kms with the Green:
  • The car has for sure become more rev friendly. While it had become rev friendly & smooth with the Synthetic Oil change also, it has become even more rev friendly now -- the rpm needle just flies.
  • The sound/feel of the engine has improved -- though NOT drastically in city driving and you 'hear' the green 'growl' ONLY when the pedal is slightly floored.
  • There is a perception of the S10 feeling more powerful -- especially while takeoff. However, I would not equate this with a feeling of 'increased BHP'. It's just that the car has become very responsive.
  • Can't comment on the FE, as have driven just 20 Kms.
khan_sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2008, 21:23   #68
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Shahnawaz on the new mods! Have fun!

What next?
Old 7th June 2008, 21:30   #69
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!! Waiting for the pictures and future mods!!
Old 7th June 2008, 21:48   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, here are the pictures.

2003 Palio S10 EDIT: 71K KM Update | Engine Grooved-img0009a.jpg

2003 Palio S10 EDIT: 71K KM Update | Engine Grooved-img0012a.jpg

2003 Palio S10 EDIT: 71K KM Update | Engine Grooved-img0013a.jpg

2003 Palio S10 EDIT: 71K KM Update | Engine Grooved-img0014a.jpg

Name:  IMG0018A.jpg
Views: 3832
Size:  174.0 KB

@ Ramie: Thanks for the tip buddy. . I knew the process but for some reason the uploads were not getting completed.

@ finney: Want to enjoy the Green CAI for now. The next set of mods will have to wait for Vitamin M.
khan_sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2008, 22:58   #71
BHPian

Two things I noticed.

From the pictures you posted I have noticed two things which needs some attention.

1)Level of coolant in your car is above the prescribed level.
2)The Storm is hanging in air without any supporting clamp. It should not be supported just by the rigidity of the rubber tubing. If there is a clamp to hold it onto the body the filter experience would be rattle free.

Its good you got a green instead of the K&N and in the Green its good you opted for the Storm as the Wind has much less surface area than the OE air filter.

And please please give a wash to your engine bay after covering your ECU with a polythene cover such that no water seeps onto the ECU connectors.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 7th June 2008 at 23:01.
Old 7th June 2008, 23:54   #72
BHPian

Whats a dynamization kit ?
Someone care to explain
Old 7th June 2008, 23:59   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Godspeed View Post
Whats a dynamization kit ?
Someone care to explain
the pipe of the cold air intake.
Old 8th June 2008, 00:31   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
the pipe of the cold air intake.
Oh was that it :-)
anyways im was thinking of giving the cai pipe and extra covering to cutt off the heat from the engine cause the pipes i have seen in swifts are awfully close to it which means the pipe gets heated from the engine
Old 8th June 2008, 01:16   #75
Senior - BHPian

any pictures of the sparco mudflaps ? they seem to be popular on tbhp lately

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks