Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2008, 09:54   #1
BHPian

Why I bought Logan 1.6 GLS (Petrol)

Hi Friends,

The wait is finally over and now I am the proud owner of Logan 1.6 GLs (Petrol).
This is one car that I had completely written off initially but now I own it :-)
Here are the details that might help other potential buyers.
SELECTION PROCESS
After owning a Santro and an Esteem, I wanted to upgrade to a more powerful car and my budget was 6.5 lakh on road.
I test drove Logan 1.4 and didn't like it. After that I went to US for a while and in my free time I used to wonder that which car would be my next car. After reading more on TeamBHP, I decided to test drive Logan 1.6 as well.
When I came back, I test drove the following cars:
Aveo 1.4
I feel that this is the best looking car in it's class. I test drove it but didn't get the feel of a powerful engine. That might be because I also own an esteem and wanted a more powerful car. Ride quality and interiors were good but the reflection of the dashboard and the binocular design of the instrument console were a major let down.
Fiesta 1.4
My wife thinks that this is the best looking car in it's class. It's test drive also didn't give me any exceptional experience.
Accent 1.5 GLS
Great car with nice interiors but my wife didn't like it.

Logan 1.6
The moment we drove it for a couple of hundred meters, we decided that this would be our next car. The 1.6 l engine seemed more powerful then other 1.4 l engines (I am no expert but I felt it). It spoils you with the amount of space available and the driving comfort. After 2 more test drives, we booked the T. Red color.
DEALERSHIP EXPERIENCE
The people at the dealership (Koncept Automobiles Ltd.) were very patient and helpful. I took 3 test drives and not once did they frown.
I booked the car and got it within a week. Yesterday I went to take the delivery of the car and was ready with the TeamBHP PDI checklist. The car was scratchless and had done just 8 Kms.
After finishing all the formalities, a small puja was carried out and my dad broke a coconut (I was very happy that my Dad was there to share my joy). I was given a petrol coupon worth Rs 400.
I drove the car home and took my family members for a drive. They were amazed by the amount of space and the AC cooling.
The car costed me Rs 5,56,600. I got the boot opener, gear lock, steering cover,idol, floor mats and mud flaps as freebies.
Thanks to TeamBHP, I saved Rs 10,000 on car insurance as I got the NCB of my previous car transferred.
I will later post the pics and will update this thread with the positive and negative points of this car.
Old 23rd April 2008, 10:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your new ride
Old 23rd April 2008, 10:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

congrats man! which colour?
Old 23rd April 2008, 10:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Was it just the space and the space that made you take the decision.I was actually eager seeing the thread title but disappointed reading down.I hope there are other reasons too for the decision.
Can we have some pics buddie.
Congrats on the car and enjoy it to the core buddie.
ram
Old 23rd April 2008, 10:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new baby Sush! Do post some pictures of your ride.
The Logan is very spacious alright. Feels like a car from a higher segment. Could you please share the details of the engine and the trim level of your car?
Old 23rd April 2008, 10:34   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Was it just the space and the space that made you take the decision.
ram
No Ram, not just the space. It was because of the complete package. The presence of a frugal but powerful 1600cc engine at a mouth watering price was the deciding factor.

Thanks Ashutosh and bottle. The color is T. Red.
Old 23rd April 2008, 10:38   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Congrats on your new baby Sush! Do post some pictures of your ride.
The Logan is very spacious alright. Feels like a car from a higher segment. Could you please share the details of the engine and the trim level of your car?
Thanks shuvd. I will post the pics by this weekend.
1.6 GLS (85 bhp) is the top end model and comes with power steering, power windows, driver side air bag, Blaupunkt CD player, height adjustible driver seat, tubless tyres and couple of more simple but useful features.
Old 23rd April 2008, 10:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

5.5Lakhs for a 1.6L sedan is terrific. Now how about a few mods to increase the performance.
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:02   #9
BHPian

Congrates. Another VFM buyer in Team BHP. Welcome to the Team BHP Logan Circle!
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:18   #10
BHPian

congrats. have a safe drive and enjoy French Engineering.
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:44   #11
BHPian

Congrats Sush,

Please post about the After Sales Service of Logan. Also waiting for the pics of your new possession.
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

Sush,
Congrats n your new car. It is a great VFM package in its petrol avatar. However, could you please explain how did you find the 1.6 lt engine powerful . At 85 BHP it has the same output at the Esteem and has a much more weight to lug around. Moreover, other cars like the Accent, Aveo are more powerful. Compared to the 1.6 lt engines of other cars, the Logan 1.6 may be more fuel efficien but would definitely be low on performance.

Any whichways, if you found it sufficient for your use after aking 3 test drives I believe it is the right car for you.
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

The VFM is fantastic... 5.5 lakhs for a top end car with so much space, airbgas and cd player as standard! Great! Congrats!
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:28   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sush! Nice choice!

Yes, 5.5 lacs for a 1.6L spacious sedan is VFM! Enjoy!
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sush on your new car.

Not many have logan petrol in this forum. What did you like in the car only space and power (?). Esteem also have the same power. Any discounts and freebies you have got with this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks