Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2008, 09:17   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
I am not very sure about this but I believe the present rates are Rs50/- for temp registration and it is Rs200/- for permanent registration.

When my dad bought the car a year ago we paid Rs200 for permanent registration in total but had to go to the RTO office twice where the fellows were trying there level best to find some error or mistake in filing up of the papers so that we would get fed up and employ a tout so that he gets his share.

MVD, Department

go to item number 29 and 30. It cannot vary by much in other states.

Charging 2000 and 3000 is daylight robbery.
AFAIK , Registration charges charged by dealers are same Rs.3000 . And they are nothing but Bribes for the RTO and thats why the dealers dont issue us the receipt for that amount . If we dont give the money , then its not possible to get the vehicle registered in a day.
The Actual charges here are Rs.40 for Temp , and Rs.200 for Permanent Registraion . I dont know how much i am going to spend for Permanent Registration . I will let you know after i register the vehicle.
Old 11th May 2008, 09:55   #137
Senior - BHPian

undead,

sorry for replying so late! just got some time off to read all your thread fully. firstly congrats on a great car like getz crdi. i wanted to buy this, but they did not launch it on time last year. so i ended up with the swift D instead (you can find my running report under long term reports).

next, i liked all your photos, the interiors looked very inviting honestly. i would appreciate if you open the doors, stand at a distance and take a snap of the avaialble leg space (front and back) to get a perspective. also put in a few snaps of your front seats (from a side angle) i missed that in your post a lot. also show the pedals if possible.

on your driving and narrow misses on the road, my sincere advise gentleman is this: you have a very powerful car that will listen to your commands, but dont beastify it. ideally you are not supposed to drive more than 90kmph whereever you are highway or city. try not to atleast. with my swift i used to do 100s and 120s, but after a slight accident i decided best for myself is to be slow. with a linear power delivery unlike swift, it must be so much better to drive the getz.

when you write a report, its nice if you can give how much you spent for the car in full detail. anyways its your choice what you wish to write

i would appreciate if you look at starting another thread in long term ownership section and neatly maintain your service reports. for a good thread on similar lines, look at ajmat's honda city thread. its too good. i am particularly concerned on hyundais service costs and rip offs. so clarify that if you can.

enjoy your car to the fullest, you have got the best money can buy in that range! and a hatch is a hatch no matter how good a sedan looks!
Old 11th May 2008, 11:19   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
undead,

sorry for replying so late! just got some time off to read all your thread fully. firstly congrats on a great car like getz crdi. i wanted to buy this, but they did not launch it on time last year. so i ended up with the swift D instead (you can find my running report under long term reports).

next, i liked all your photos, the interiors looked very inviting honestly. i would appreciate if you open the doors, stand at a distance and take a snap of the avaialble leg space (front and back) to get a perspective. also put in a few snaps of your front seats (from a side angle) i missed that in your post a lot. also show the pedals if possible.

on your driving and narrow misses on the road, my sincere advise gentleman is this: you have a very powerful car that will listen to your commands, but dont beastify it. ideally you are not supposed to drive more than 90kmph whereever you are highway or city. try not to atleast. with my swift i used to do 100s and 120s, but after a slight accident i decided best for myself is to be slow. with a linear power delivery unlike swift, it must be so much better to drive the getz.

when you write a report, its nice if you can give how much you spent for the car in full detail. anyways its your choice what you wish to write

i would appreciate if you look at starting another thread in long term ownership section and neatly maintain your service reports. for a good thread on similar lines, look at ajmat's honda city thread. its too good. i am particularly concerned on hyundais service costs and rip offs. so clarify that if you can.

enjoy your car to the fullest, you have got the best money can buy in that range! and a hatch is a hatch no matter how good a sedan looks!
Thanks dude. I have seen your ownership report earlier when i was deciding on Swift D at first . I liked your alloys and wanted to put the same on mine too.
I will post more photos for you . I have already posted how much i spent for the car till now , its just they are scattered around in the thread. I am going to keep this car for many years , as long as it reaches the stage of selling it for scrap , so i will be having a long term ownership report for sure .
Need to change to better tyres for safety. I tested the braking at 110 kmph speed , the brake tends to lock up and the stock tyres are not enough at all . After i got down from the car , i could smell the heat from the brakes .

Last edited by undead : 11th May 2008 at 11:21.
Old 12th May 2008, 18:47   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Need to change to better tyres for safety. I tested the braking at 110 kmph speed , the brake tends to lock up and the stock tyres are not enough at all . After i got down from the car , i could smell the heat from the brakes .
I think 205/50-15 yoko S drives will solve this issue
Old 12th May 2008, 18:51   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Actual charges here are Rs.40 for Temp , and Rs.200 for Permanent Registraion
Dude any information about registration charges in bangalore?

Dealer is charging a cool 5000 as delivery charges for number plates, mudflaps, mats and registration charges.

Are above stuff worth 5K or do you suggest me to get the vehicle registration process done by me?
I know its a pain roaming in RTO office
Old 12th May 2008, 19:15   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I think 205/50-15 yoko S drives will solve this issue
Not it will not solve the issue..ABS will..Any tyre that locks up at high speed leads one to believe that the brakes have heated up etc.. Wider tyre may give you better grip in cornering and you will have a marginal comfortable ride.

Quote:

Dealer is charging a cool 5000 as delivery charges for number plates, mudflaps, mats and registration charges.

Are above stuff worth 5K or do you suggest me to get the vehicle registration process done by me?
If your time is important to you, make the dealer do it, else DIY
Old 12th May 2008, 19:21   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Not it will not solve the issue..ABS will..Any tyre that locks up at high speed leads one to believe that the brakes have heated up etc.. Wider tyre may give you better grip in cornering and you will have a marginal comfortable ride.
I shold have written - they will help to some extent and in case of S drives or pp2's the braking distance also reduces.
Old 12th May 2008, 19:23   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wider tyre may give you better grip in cornering and you will have a marginal comfortable ride.
I did not get the comfortable ride point. It all depends on sidewall rubber right?
Old 12th May 2008, 21:01   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Its a risky work . These matters are to be left to the dealers itself djay. Not only its a pain roaming in RTO office , but without bribe it will be very difficult to get the job done. For me the dealer charged Rs.3000 for Temp Regn and Rs.1500 for mats and mud flaps.
Old 12th May 2008, 21:05   #145
Senior - BHPian

1300 kms Update on First Free Service

My little monster has clocked 1300 kms and i had taken for First Free Service . They didnt change the oil ( is that right ? ) . Bill for service -Rs 0/- .
I had asked them to fit the Xenos Keyless Entry(bought from outside shop for Rs.3650) they charged Rs.550 + Taxes for installation . Rattling sounds fixed. I cant drive at night with these Stock Headlights , need to do something soon about it. I can still hear the click sound from the brakes and the service guy told me its a common thing in Getz .
On the boot door , i had written "www.team-bhp.com". The service guy asked me about it . And i told many things like we can get all the informations about the cars , dealers , mods etc etc and said , even i am going to write about your service in my thread and many people will read it, whether its good or bad and he reacted asif i am talking about a Terrorist Team.

Last edited by undead : 12th May 2008 at 21:13.
Old 13th May 2008, 07:13   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My little monster has clocked 1300 kms and i had taken for First Free Service . They didnt change the oil ( is that right ? ) . Bill for service -Rs 0/- .
I had asked them to fit the Xenos Keyless Entry(bought from outside shop for Rs.3650) they charged Rs.550 + Taxes for installation . Rattling sounds fixed. I cant drive at night with these Stock Headlights , need to do something soon about it. I can still hear the click sound from the brakes and the service guy told me its a common thing in Getz .
On the boot door , i had written "www.team-bhp.com". The service guy asked me about it . And i told many things like we can get all the informations about the cars , dealers , mods etc etc and said , even i am going to write about your service in my thread and many people will read it, whether its good or bad and he reacted asif i am talking about a Terrorist Team.
Yup..we are a terrorist team right? LOL. The stock headlamps should be good enough..get them focussed correctly.

The click ffrom the brakes..ask your dealer to lubricate the brake pedal.

Quote:
I did not get the comfortable ride point. It all depends on sidewall rubber right?

It depends on the sidewall height with respect to the width of the tyre as well as the material of the tyre. The tyre gurus in the forum could elaborate further..
Old 13th May 2008, 07:29   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. The stock headlamps should be good enough..get them focussed correctly.The click ffrom the brakes..ask your dealer to lubricate the brake pedal.
The stock lamps are still with OE bulbs. Got to change to 100/90 or fit extra driving lights with 100W bulb. I told the dealer about the brake pedal , he said they cant do much about it.
Old 13th May 2008, 12:21   #148
BHPian

@Undead..
Wat s the mileage you are getting?

I booked a test drive for 1.5 CRDI, and they are sending 1.3 petrol.
They said they dont have the CRDI TD car.
Old 13th May 2008, 12:29   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRider View Post
@Undead..
Wat s the mileage you are getting?

I booked a test drive for 1.5 CRDI, and they are sending 1.3 petrol.
They said they dont have the CRDI TD car.
Last time when i checked i got 13.5 Kmpl . But i was rushing the car hard.
Many dealers dont have the CRDi TD car. Chandra Hyundai in Coimbatore has the TD vehicle.
Old 13th May 2008, 13:15   #150
BHPian

I 'd missed this post!
Quote:
Checked the Fuel Efficiency again. came to 13.5 kmpl . Its neither a city mileage nor a highway mileage. I drove in the city under bumper to bumper traffic for some kms and in highways i couldnt drive at 5th gear for few mins , as there were heavy traffic and i had to change the gears often to overtake the trucks. Let me see after the first service which i am going to do it on monday.
If this is the case, then it should give around 16 on highway.. right?
I will be booking mine in 1-2 weeks.

BTW, did you ask Hyundai (dealers/service center guys) about ABS? or how about sourcing it from Getz 1.3 and fitting in Getz D?

Last edited by TomRider : 13th May 2008 at 13:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks