Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2008, 10:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

mjothi,

what is the mileage you get in bangalore city? with or without AC? and is there an aveo diesel coming anytime? the only problem i felt with this car is that my left knee hits the wooden curved portion of the dash when i am on the drivers seat. but this was reason enough for me not to go for the car itself sometime earlier. does anyone else feel the same?

srik
Old 11th May 2008, 11:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
and is there an aveo diesel coming anytime?
srik,
the sales person in Vijai motors told me that the 1.3MJD powered Aveo and Aveo UVA are expected by this year end.
Old 11th May 2008, 13:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammykhan View Post
Hi mjothi,
I have purchased a new aveo 1.4 LS LE ivory gold.got it delivered on 7th may. i've felt that the hood of the car gets hot quickly and it is not possible to open the hood with ur bare hands after driving a few 50-odd kms. did u find the same during ur journey to chennai and wats the standard temperature for the temp gauge after driving a few 100kms? does it lie at the half pt btw the 50-125 mark or does it go above it? hope u can ans my queries.
Hi. Congrats on your purchase.

I drove it to Chennai with just 2 stops in between. And I remember seeing the temp gauge needle always in the half. I never felt any abnormal heat in the hood. Chennai by itself its hot and so, the heat on the hood was normal in my case.

I am not sure what caused your hood to be too hot. Better check with service guys to be safer.

Keep us updated. thanks,
Old 11th May 2008, 13:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
mjothi,

what is the mileage you get in bangalore city? with or without AC? and is there an aveo diesel coming anytime? the only problem i felt with this car is that my left knee hits the wooden curved portion of the dash when i am on the drivers seat. but this was reason enough for me not to go for the car itself sometime earlier. does anyone else feel the same?

srik
Yes, as far as I know, there is a Diesel in card for the UVA. Not sure of Aveo.

Mileage, i have not checked. Calculated only once the (tank full) mileage and it was around 14kmpl. 70-75% highways and rest inside city traffic.

I dont think it hits the knee. I had my friend who is 6'1 and still was very comfortable in this car in driver seat. Infact he took test drive for me for around 30kms. And then his verdict was to go for it.

The only thing he mentioned was that he had little clearance above his head when seated in the back. So, may have to be careful if hit on a bumber at good speed.
Old 11th May 2008, 14:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Mjothi,

Congrats on the car mate! :-) :-)

Great color.

And what all additions are going to go in?

(Sorry about the delay in coming down here!)
Old 11th May 2008, 21:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Mjothi,

Congrats on the car mate! :-) :-)

Great color.

And what all additions are going to go in?

(Sorry about the delay in coming down here!)
Thanks buddy.

Its fully loaded version. So, currently no plan of any mods

MJ
Old 12th May 2008, 16:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

First service done for the Aveo

So, today I got my Aveo 1st serviced in Vijay Motors, Mahadevpura.

I fixed a appointment on Friday for this Monday. Went there around 8:45am and found 4 other people in front of me. It did not take much time. I liked the cashless offer Imagine, you leave your car, get it serviced and get it delivered without paying any amount. Great.

The service guy was trying to convince me for the underbody coating, polishing and teflon. but did not want to go for any. So, ignored.

Also the oil change is for 5000KMs service and not in 1K service. So, oil is also not changed. I remember reading in this forum to change oil in 1K. But still left it to manufactures recommendation.

When i took the delivery i could see that the car ODO was in same 956KMs. I doubt if they even did a test drive. Just cleaned and the service is done.

I had a small issue with the back doors. Those were not closing if you close it normally as you would do the front doors. You need to put some extra force. I mentioned him, but he replied that it will be ok after some time. Hope it does.

I dont see much of crowd for the service. If you make it before 9am there, then I think you can get your car serviced without appointment Infact, they never even checked if I had a appointment.

Btw, it is really difficult to maintain the RPM below 2K. Especially on a 2 lane road when you are behind a slow moving truck. If you have to cross him then it touches 2.5K to 3K. Hope this should be fine.

Other thing I noticed is,
They have their yard next to the service station. And I could not see any Limited edition in their. All are normal Aveo & LS versions only. Seems the Limited edition is done.

Am I satisfied with the service? 50-50. Because, I don't see any difference in driving before and after service. Only thing was car is cleaned(But before I reached home through that K.R.Puram & DRDO Phase-II, its full of mud now). I am not sure if they did anything else. May be because of 1st service.
Old 12th May 2008, 19:26   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Other thing I noticed is,
They have their yard next to the service station. And I could not see any Limited edition in their. All are normal Aveo & LS versions only. Seems the Limited edition is done.
I was also there on Sunday for a test drive and visited their yard to check the color, The sales guy answered, Limited editions are in Their Neelmangala Yard. BTW, I read your Review and experiance with Aveo , it is very good and informative which made to take TD with Aveo. In my mind there is a big fight between dzire vs Aveo 1.4 Limited Edition.
Old 12th May 2008, 19:41   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmahesh View Post
I was also there on Sunday for a test drive and visited their yard to check the color, The sales guy answered, Limited editions are in Their Neelmangala Yard.
Are you sure it is Vijay motors? Because I know that the Sundaram Motors Yard is in Neelamangla. Vijay Motors have in Mahadevpura.
May be this is an update.
Quote:
BTW, I read your Review and experiance with Aveo , it is very good and informative which made to take TD with Aveo. In my mind there is a big fight between dzire vs Aveo 1.4 Limited Edition.
Thanks Man. Its nice to see that it was useful for someone

No doubt Aveo scores a lot in quality and interiors. But Dezire scores on resale, A.S.S etc.

Just decided on Aveo thinking that I should care about myself rather than about the 2nd person who is going to opt for this car. So i am enjoying now without worrying about the resale.

Do post your experiance about the TD and decision. Expecting a new thread from you on this soon.

OT: I a mahesh too But not a MD... But MJ....
Old 13th May 2008, 18:20   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, this car is good VFM. But that does not reflect in the sales Chart. Seems this is one of the low in numbers. Hope GM wakes up and sales picks up.
Thanks for the excellent review. I was in two minds whether to go in for the Aveo 1.4 or Dzire. But after reading your experience I've finally latched on to the 1.4

I firmly believe own comfort and satisfaction is more important than resale value.
Old 14th May 2008, 09:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

I noticed that the A/C in this is very good. Car gets cooled quickly with blower in position 2. But since I dont have the Sunflim, it dont stand for long. it becomes hot the moment or 2 after I switch off the AC.
Seems I need to go for Sunflim. But if i do, i am uncomfortable in night drives. Also I was under impression that it may not be needed for the Bangalore climate But global warming is affecting all places I guess.
So, i am planing to put film only for the rear windows and rear glass. Will this be effective? Or is it needed to put to front too to have the full effect?
Comments?
Old 14th May 2008, 11:47   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I noticed that the A/C in this is very good. Car gets cooled quickly with blower in position 2. But since I dont have the Sunflim, it dont stand for long. it becomes hot the moment or 2 after I switch off the AC.
Seems I need to go for Sunflim. But if i do, i am uncomfortable in night drives. Also I was under impression that it may not be needed for the Bangalore climate But global warming is affecting all places I guess.
So, i am planing to put film only for the rear windows and rear glass. Will this be effective? Or is it needed to put to front too to have the full effect?
Comments?
You can check out 3M sunfilm ST35(its 35 but not sure ST35 or CT35) medium shade. Since its a medium shade you can get it done on both front and rear windows which will not hamper the visibility during night drives.
You can as well check out Lumar medium shade.
Both 3M and Lumar are costly but better than Garware.
Old 14th May 2008, 17:32   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Comments?

You should definitely put it on all glasses, would look very wierd if done only on the rear glasses, and after all the same heat comes in through the front as it does through the rear...
Old 18th May 2008, 17:03   #44
BHPian

Quote:
I had a small issue with the back doors. Those were not closing if you close it normally as you would do the front doors. You need to put some extra force. I mentioned him, but he replied that it will be ok after some time. Hope it does.
I am also having the same issue with my aveo. I need to put some extra force to close my rear door. I have asked them why it is? But they are telling thats normal with aveo, you need to put little extra force than the front door.
Old 18th May 2008, 20:33   #45
Senior - BHPian

Italiano!

Congratulations on getting urself a Pininfarina design,mjothi. Treat us when u come over to chennai.
Btw, seriously, this cost 7.6 lakhs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Nice choice. Aveo is one of the most VFM and pleasing all-rounders in the Indian car market today.

Now, if they'd only give it a diesel engine.
Do u have a different meaning for VFM,maggie?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks