Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2008, 17:35   #16
BHPian

Great review.
6 - 7 kmpl..... i thought i would give around 10....
where are the pictures brother?
could you please tell what are those meters for in the center console.
Old 5th May 2008, 21:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
A well written straight from the heart review.

How about some pictures?
shall post pics as soon as possible. pl tell me what you want to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
Great review Vijay. I am seeing a lot of Pajeros after the new model launch. It seems to be doing well.
last i heard, Chennai dealer is selling in one month the numbers he was selling in a year earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Also, I am interested in knowing how the steering feel is when driving in off-road conditions. Do post your thoughts once you take the Pajero offroad

I can imagine the way the conversation would have gone

I have not done hardcore off roading. However drove on heavily potholed roads and the shocks are not tranmitted to the steering . It is comfortable.

regarding the conversation , I think you are on the dot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

I thought it gave 10kmpl atleast.
Friends , pl excuse me for the Typo error. I am getting 7 to 8 kmpl and not 6 to 7 as mention in the review. It was at ypo error. I have not seen it cross 8kmpl even on highway runs. Of course I never drive below 100km on the highways. May be it will give 10kmpl if you drive at speeds less that 70 km.

Here is my log

[SIZE=2]pajero mileage[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]10.1.08 - 70lts - 472 - full[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]23.1.08 - 84 lts - 1138 - 666 kms - 7.92[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]14.02.08 - 79lts -1706 - 568 kms - 7.18[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]18.03.08- 82 lts - 2274 - 568 kms - 6.9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]20.4.08 - 68lts - 2778 - 504 kms - 7.4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]30.4.08 - 72 LTS - 3331 - 553KMS - 7.7[/SIZE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Very candid review and very interesting to read as well. Thanks for sharing. I have had a crush on Pajero for quite some time but not moving forward for some of the reasons that you have mentioned (noisy engine beyond 100, uncomfortable seating on middle row for three etc).

The new version has 265/70/R15.

SFX (new version) seems to have wider footboards although I haven't verified it myself. It also has new headlamp cluster.

Probably its for the soft drink cans.
beleive me , all the short commings are forgotten when you get behind the wheel. It is great car to drive . middle row seats can be modified to your liking if you so desire. and you are right about the foot rest. the new one has a practical one.

so this is a car for teetotallers ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Excellent review vijay & also a very candid one. I suppose, by default pajero comes with a 4WD option. Did you do any offroading yet??

Are there any comparable differences between the new model & the earlier ones???

How are the maintenance costs with the Pajero??? For the cars, HM have reduced the costs on spares. Not sure on the SUVs.
Yet to go offroading.

as far as I know the new model has
1. puffed up front and rear wheel arches
2. power antenna
3. bigger tyres
4. better foot rest
5. mote comfortable middle row split seats.
6. clear head lamp cluster
7.provision for fog lamps in the bumper.

I am yet to buy spares. But HM have dropped prices of spares and as far as i can see they seem ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack_himanshu View Post
could you please tell what are those meters for in the center console.
It is multimeter console. Altimeter / Incline-tilt meter / thermometer.

Mod's Note: Eight continuous posts in less than 20 minutes! Please use the multiquote button in future. If you need to add some more use the Edit button in future to add to the original posts.

Posts merged.

Last edited by Zappo : 5th May 2008 at 22:50. Reason: Please use the Multi-quote button to make multi-replies. Use Edit button in the 1st 20 mins of posting to add to your post. Contiguous posts merged.
Old 6th May 2008, 11:56   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

vijay I sincerely appreciate your candid review.

very nicely written, dealing with all facts in a fair manner.

I wish you great happiness with your new Pajero!

(neenga namma aal machan) - you're my kind of chap!

I wish that I could also afford one of these reasonably soon - maybe when you get tired of your Pajero, I could put in a bid for it!

cheerio

Last edited by GTO : 6th May 2008 at 16:17. Reason: Please do NOT quote the entire long message when typing your reply. Thanks
Old 6th May 2008, 12:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

A very honest review Vijay. The Pajero is a true blue off roader and means business when you look at it. Only irritating thing is that two tone paint job they offer. I wish they gave it as an option rather than standard.

Looking forward to more updates from your end and yes pictures please.
Old 6th May 2008, 19:39   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Regarding the headlights, I had my Honda City upgraded to 90/100 at Kamlesh Electra in Kottivakam, chennai. I suggest check him out. The other option is to buy a good set of after market driving lights.
Old 6th May 2008, 19:49   #21
BHPian

That's a good review. I want to know how is its highway manners.Is the engine too noisy to make you realize that its a diesel .Lastly,what are the offers that I can expect on the SFX ....what is the waiting time period.
Old 6th May 2008, 22:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
vijay I sincerely appreciate your candid review.

very nicely written, dealing with all facts in a fair manner.

I wish you great happiness with your new Pajero!

(neenga namma aal machan) - you're my kind of chap!

I wish that I could also afford one of these reasonably soon - maybe when you get tired of your Pajero, I could put in a bid for it!

cheerio
Ha ha ha . Thanks for the compliments. I dont think I will get rid of the car so soon. And there are already 2 of my friends instructing me how to take care of the vehicle since they are going to be the next owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Regarding the headlights, I had my Honda City upgraded to 90/100 at Kamlesh Electra in Kottivakam, chennai. I suggest check him out. The other option is to buy a good set of after market driving lights.
I thought about this option, but am worried that the front fibre glass lens of the headlight might melt. When you say after market driving lights, Are you reffering to the complete assembly or only the bulbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
A very honest review Vijay. The Pajero is a true blue off roader and means business when you look at it. Only irritating thing is that two tone paint job they offer. I wish they gave it as an option rather than standard.

Looking forward to more updates from your end and yes pictures please.
Thank you.
Old 7th May 2008, 17:28   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay shekar View Post
I thought about this option, but am worried that the front fibre glass lens of the headlight might melt. When you say after market driving lights, Are you reffering to the complete assembly or only the bulbs?
Thank you.
I am referring to the complete unit. Additional long range driving lights up front.
Old 7th May 2008, 21:06   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
That's a good review. I want to know how is its highway manners.Is the engine too noisy to make you realize that its a diesel .Lastly,what are the offers that I can expect on the SFX ....what is the waiting time period.
extracts from my review :

The car could have done with a 6th gear for highways. At about 120 the engine noise is quite high. Stability and cornering are very good and you feel safe. Could do speeds of 100 – 110 on the ECR road curves. I had touched a top speed of 130 kms. The car is very convenient to handle at about 110 to 120.

Stability and cornering are very good for an SUV. Surely you cannot compare it to a car.

I do not have any Idea about the goodies for SFX. And I dont think there is a waiting list.
Old 27th May 2008, 08:42   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Good Review.
Are the front and rear differentials lockable?

The broshure says lockable central differential (of course) and also shows a picture of a Limited Slip Differential (LSD). Is this LSD at the rear?

Can you share some 4x4 specific details from owner manual?
On one of the the australian websites, I read that the front is open and rear is LSD.
Old 27th May 2008, 09:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

Nice review of the Pajero, my personal favourite (although I own a safari 2.2)

If you dont want to upgrade, you can check out the Osram Silverstar 50% + or Philips range which offer better lightning (upto 60% more) with the same OEM power rating.

No need to change/ add relays etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay shekar View Post
Also I never understood the two tone body paint concept and btw, how does it work out for the registration, which colour!!!

Last edited by dadu : 27th May 2008 at 09:49.
Old 27th May 2008, 09:55   #27
Senior - BHPian

An honest and heartfelt review. I just love the Pajero. Its the big daddy of them all!
Wish I could afford one.
Congrats Vijay Shekar. Please post some snaps of your ride.
Old 27th May 2008, 11:18   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Good Review.
Are the front and rear differentials lockable?

The broshure says lockable central differential (of course) and also shows a picture of a Limited Slip Differential (LSD). Is this LSD at the rear?

Can you share some 4x4 specific details from owner manual?
On one of the the australian websites, I read that the front is open and rear is LSD.
hi anand,

I am not sure about the answers for your questions. pl let me verify the owners manual and get back. One thing i read was, in case the car gets stuck you are supposed to apply the hand break slightly and try to clear the area. whatever that means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Nice review of the Pajero, my personal favourite (although I own a safari 2.2)

If you dont want to upgrade, you can check out the Osram Silverstar 50% + or Philips range which offer better lightning (upto 60% more) with the same OEM power rating.

No need to change/ add relays etc.

Also I never understood the two tone body paint concept and btw, how does it work out for the registration, which colour!!!
hi dadu ,

thanks for the suggestion. I have already purchased Osram Night Breaker for 1400/- . It says +90%. I am yet to install it. Shall let you know as soon as it is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
An honest and heartfelt review. I just love the Pajero. Its the big daddy of them all!
Wish I could afford one.
Congrats Vijay Shekar. Please post some snaps of your ride.
Hi shuvd,

It is a good car. and thank you . I shall post pics as soon as posible.
Old 24th June 2008, 12:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi, vijay shekar, any updates on the Pajero? Please do post some pics. You should join one of the Chennai OTR sessions with the Pajero.
Old 27th June 2008, 14:55   #30
BHPian

hi Blue thunder,

As of now no additional info on the vehicle. But the chennai dealership has changed hands and I am seeing a positive approach now.

I lost my digital camera hence could not take photos . shall do so soon.

Can I know more about the OTR sessions of chennai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks