Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2008, 10:18   #61
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well-kept! She looks as good as new, Vijay. Also, gotta love the neat tool box on the tailgate.
Old 15th November 2008, 13:12   #62
BHPian

Excellent review Vijay! Very informative. I have great respect for people who maintain a clean car, mechanically and visibly! How is the sfter sales service at HM? Gotta love the alt and grade dials on the dash!! I aspire to own a Pajero some day... always have.
Old 16th November 2008, 20:28   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Well-kept! She looks as good as new, Vijay. Also, gotta love the neat tool box on the tailgate.
Thank you, and I am yet to use the tool box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Excellent review Vijay! Very informative. I have great respect for people who maintain a clean car, mechanically and visibly! How is the sfter sales service at HM? Gotta love the alt and grade dials on the dash!! I aspire to own a Pajero some day... always have.
Thank you,

the after sales service has improved in chennai after the dealership changed hands. Now they are proactive and are aspiring to solve the problems. However they dont have expert mechanics and proper equipments to acheive that. I heard that Engineers from HM are stationd in the delaership to help for now.

wish you best of luck for your Pajero.
Old 17th November 2008, 12:01   #64

Let me atleast clap for you for keeping your 'beauty' the way it should be. Personally I vaccum both my cars in and out atleast once in a month. Believe me - You Love the car and she'll Love you back, take care of her and she'll respond back. Keep up the good work.
Old 18th November 2008, 08:31   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PmmPassion View Post
Let me atleast clap for you for keeping your 'beauty' the way it should be. Personally I vaccum both my cars in and out atleast once in a month. Believe me - You Love the car and she'll Love you back, take care of her and she'll respond back. Keep up the good work.

thanks for your compliments. though i like my cars to be neat i am not able to attend to them personally like you do.
Old 18th November 2008, 17:24   #66
BHPian

Wow! It still looks like a day or two out of the showroom! Seems u got 2-3 people only for cleaning her

Nice job man! Its looking awesome!
Old 18th November 2008, 18:18   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furobiker View Post
Wow! It still looks like a day or two out of the showroom! Seems u got 2-3 people only for cleaning her

Nice job man! Its looking awesome!

thanks friend. But no, my guys clean the car only when they are "free". like when they find time to come to work. and when they do come to work, they should not be wearing good clothes and even after all this they should be in the mood. You know how it is with these drivers. But the incentive i give them for cleaning is to let them drive once a while.
Old 19th November 2008, 16:06   #68
BHPian

Very nice review and pics.
Old 20th November 2008, 09:34   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avin View Post
Very nice review and pics.
Thank you,

And friends. pl see attached the price list I received for spares when I took delivery of the car. Need to check the latest price though.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pajero Dt 19.11.08 pdf.pdf (96.8 KB, 747 views)
Old 20th November 2008, 16:59   #70

The new MRP's are slashed down, some have been slashed even more than 50%, what could be the reason to this? New Production technology? Recession? Chinese? or plain and simple 'you need to replace the parts so often that turnover of parts is more than the whole car' what do u feel, know?
Old 20th November 2008, 21:05   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay shekar View Post
Thank you,

And friends. pl see attached the price list I received for spares when I took delivery of the car. Need to check the latest price though.
You are a very thorough blogger I must say!

Question - do these prices hold true for the SFX as well?
Old 24th November 2008, 07:04   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PmmPassion View Post
The new MRP's are slashed down, some have been slashed even more than 50%, what could be the reason to this? New Production technology? Recession? Chinese? or plain and simple 'you need to replace the parts so often that turnover of parts is more than the whole car' what do u feel, know?
I think we in India are concerned about the maintenance and running costs even if we are willing to buy premium vehicles. there have been instances when new vehicles were not selling because the spares cost was high. I think Lancer is an example of this. So spares cost plays a big role in the sale of new cars I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
You are a very thorough blogger I must say!

Question - do these prices hold true for the SFX as well?
I have to check up. except for the body parts others Should be the same since the same parts are used in SFX also.
Old 24th November 2008, 11:59   #73

[quote=vijay shekar;1064979]I think we in India are concerned about the maintenance and running costs even if we are willing to buy premium vehicles. there have been instances when new vehicles were not selling because the spares cost was high. I think Lancer is an example of this. So spares cost plays a big role in the sale of new cars I think.

You are absolutely right on that statement, its because we get emotionally attached to our wheels, its not just a car for us, but its everything to us and to people like u and me its a piece of our heart.
But my question was what could be the reason for the slashed rates of spares? Why are they lower than the older MRP?
Old 19th August 2019, 22:19   #74
BHPian

re: Pajero 2.8 - Ownership Review EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay shekar View Post
I think we in India are concerned about the maintenance and running costs even if we are willing to buy premium vehicles. there have been instances when new vehicles were not selling because the spares cost was high. I think Lancer is an example of this. So spares cost plays a big role in the sale of new cars I think.

I have to check up. except for the body parts others Should be the same since the same parts are used in SFX also.
Hi vijay
Bumping this up.
Are you still in possession of the car??
Old 21st August 2019, 10:43   #75
BHPian

re: Pajero 2.8 - Ownership Review EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
Hi vijay
Bumping this up.
Are you still in possession of the car??
no sir - sold 5 years ago ..... i bought a santa fe then sold now and bought a Endeavour.
vijay shekar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks