Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2008, 10:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
The car started giving problems from the fourth month of ownership itself. In addition to that, something or the other always went wrong every 2-3 months for the next 2 years.
This was the point I made in one of my first posts - MM really did put up with it for a hell of a long time. I would have probably raised hell after the first couple of occasions but then, that's me. Keeping quiet for two years makes the dealer think he can get away scot free.

In a real world, nobody replaces a car after two years for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Looks like an unfortunate case of getting a lemon. Because if this were the general case with all Fiesta-Ds, then there would be quite some owners crying foul down south, where I think most of the Fiesta-Ds sell.
You have a valid point, I did mention this earlier, looks like a lemon. Who knows, if the dealer is unethical, it may even be a refurbished car but then Yogi has had very good experiences with the same dealer so maybe it is a lemon
Old 28th May 2008, 11:51   #47
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
GTO's C-class that was replaced, was also a 2-year old car. Did he get the new car without having to pay any difference in amount due to depreciation etc ?
0% paid for depreciation. The car was used for 2.3 years and about 33,000 kms.
Old 28th May 2008, 12:31   #48
Senior - BHPian

So, if MB can replace a C-class, I see no reason why M_M can't get a new Fiesta. Would need quite some work though on getting them to agree.
Old 28th May 2008, 21:41   #49
BHPian

Shaman

If you have bought the fiesta from the shaman dealer at prabhadevi then i dont completely blame the ford company for the bitter fiesta. << assumption.

Shaman plays a major role in the defective car sale.

so is it the prabhadevi shaman or another dealer??
Old 28th May 2008, 22:29   #50
BHPian

Feel real bad MM for your bad experiences, but--2 choices. Take the offer or an arduous legal battle. After the consumer court either you'll have a replacement or back to square one. Honestly would take option 1 as India unfortunately is still a sellers market.
Old 29th May 2008, 00:48   #51
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear the problems you have been having with the car mate. Guess it was a lemon after all. As others have pointed out, there should have been a shedload of problems with other Fiesta-D's as well if this was a common problem

In case you have the time and energy to fight out the legal battle then definitely opt for it since it would teach the dealer/manufacturer a lesson which should be taught to them. But if time constraints bother you then better get rid of it and go for a better car from a reliable manufacturer.

My 2 $$!!!!
Old 30th May 2008, 10:06   #52
BHPian

ford trying to cheat me again ???

Quote:
Dear Sir,
This is subsequent to the discussion you had with Mr. Ruchik Shah today regarding your Ford Fiesta 1.4 ZXi Diesel vehicle bearing VIN MAJBXXMRTB6JB8299.
Ford India would like to replace your existing vehicle with a new Fiesta 1.4 ZXi Diesel vehicle.
The On Road Price of the new vehicle is Rs. 8,79,692/- and the Buy Back value of your vehicle is Rs. 5,05,000/-.
The depreciation cost which is the difference between the new vehicle's cost and the buy back cost will be shared, with a 60% majority of the cost borne by Ford India and the balance 40% cost being borne by your good self.
Please accord your concurrence for the same so that we can go ahead and initiate the processing at our end.
Thanking you,
Regards,
Arun Nirmal
Manager – Technical Services
Ford India Pvt Ltd

Above is final email sent to me by FORD .

PLS note the On ROAD price of Rs. 8,79,692/-

now after inquiring with another mumbai ford dealer , WASAN FORD . I got an ON ROAD price of Rs. 8,28,315 /- with an optional 1+2 = 3 years warranty

the additional 2 years warranty should actually cost around Rs. 9000 as i paid for my fiesta . But in this case i think the dealer is trying to make an extra buck by charging Rs. 15,570 for the addtional warranty from unsuspecting first time fiesta buyer .

Ford's Price of Rs. 8,79,692/- does not include the additional warranty.
So After removing the cost of the extra 2 years warranty we get an on road price of Rs. 8,07,745 /- (from WASAN FORD)

So FORD is asking for an addtional Rs. 71,947 /- over the prevailing market rate !!!!!!!

so in the end ...

not only does the 60 % ford offered to pay, go in their own pocket , i also have to pay for the dealers cut and an additional Rs. 71,947 /- !!!!!

Last edited by Mad Monkey : 30th May 2008 at 10:10.
Old 30th May 2008, 11:15   #53
BHPian

The quotation from WASAN FORD .........
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.4D ZXi Ownership Woes. EDIT : REPLACEMENT FIESTA. Pics on Pg. 5-quotation-wasan.jpg  

Old 30th May 2008, 11:22   #54
Senior - BHPian

Its unethical from Ford to use an onroad price which is different from the prevailing onroad price. You should ask the ford representative to give break up of the onroad price of Rs. 8,79,692. Compare it with the quotation from Wasan to see where they are cheating you. It would also help you if you decide to go legal against Ford.
Old 31st May 2008, 00:54   #55

My god ... does Fiesta have these many problems .. ??
I was about to buy a diesel model .. now I have turned back ... I know it may be just a lemon ... but still I have heard another issues like starting trouble, engine cease .. and top of it poor service by Ford people ... !!

Now I am thinking to go for Maruti once again ... How about Dzire .. ??

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Make sure you read the Team-BHP rules before proceeding. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st May 2008 at 02:23. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 31st May 2008, 20:24   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prdepune View Post
My god ... does Fiesta have these many problems .. ??
I was about to buy a diesel model .. now I have turned back ... I know it may be just a lemon ... but still I have heard another issues like starting trouble, engine cease .. and top of it poor service by Ford people ... !!

Now I am thinking to go for Maruti once again ... How about Dzire .. ??
If all Fiesta-D's had these many problems then T-Bhp would have been full of negative reviews about this model. And also only this car is a lemon and not all the cars from the manufacturer will not be a lemon.

But as they say to each his own!! If you are happy with Maruti then you can opt to buy vehicles from the same brand.
Old 31st May 2008, 22:10   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prdepune View Post
I was about to buy a diesel model .. now I have turned back ... I know it may be just a ??
It is an off hand case but the reluctance of the company to replace the car free of cost, forget compensation for distress etc, is appaling. With Maruti don't expect any better response from the company if stuck with a lemon (rather most of the companies).

The punishing inefficiency of legal system allows such instances, as the same MNC would never behave the same in developed markets.
Old 31st May 2008, 22:38   #58
BHPian

Mistaken notion

All along I was under the impression that no one would be able to beat the value of parts replaced in a one year old car but your car has beaten my Junkindica by a fair margin. The total amount I signed for execution of the warranty repairs was Rs68000/ in a brand new Junkindica that had not crossed 1 year. If you ever go to the consumer court be ready for battle for 8 to 9 years. Mine has not still crossed the state forum hurdle and its been 7 years now since the case files has been gathering dust. Under no sircumstance should you listen to the Judge and agree for a compromise with the company as that is only a ploy to delay the judgement. I regret the day I listened to the judge and agreed for a compromise of accepting repair of the car instead of replacement of the engine and rear suspension mounting points. Best of luck to you.
Old 31st May 2008, 22:47   #59
Senior - BHPian

M_M, I am a fellow Fiesta TDCi owner. After reading your story, I feel lucky to have a reasonably trouble free car (touch wood) and satisfactory A.S.S.

Pursuing a court case can be a long drawn process. Mounting pressure on Ford and Shaman through various media would be the best course of action. They might just give you a better deal on that new car.
Old 5th June 2008, 23:42   #60

was planning on the ford fiesta D ... reading this will surely not go for a ford vehicle ever .. all the best monkey ...
i remember reading an article in the newspaper about how a consumer court asked Skoda to replace a defective car ... with additional compensation for the ordeal .. so take heart ... it will take time but if you have the documentation you can easily win against them ...
write to the letters to the editor / grievances sections of leading newspapers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks