Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2008, 18:42   #46
Senior - BHPian

small mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
15%??? Its 6% in Kerala!
JK, small mistake, sorry -

KA is currently 11% and moving to 13%. (june 1st)

TN is currently 6% - moving to 8%. (june 1st)

JK, and you know what KL will do next. (Pray they dont)
Old 24th May 2008, 09:54   #47
Senior - BHPian

The Real Time of Ordering a Car.

Something interesting i learnt, Probably many know it already.

On may 16th, when I gave a cheque for 10K towards booking I was told it will take 10 days approx for TATA to ship the car. Then on 22-May I got a call from the booking team "Can I pucca Load the order" - What the..!! I thought on 16th itself the order should have been loaded into the TATA's ordering system. Then I asked my sales person what is happening.

Not every customer may get this answer, but since I striked a good rapport I got this - Each time a entry is made by the dealer into a manufacturer's system it carries a default CArrying cost. It remains constant for half a truck load or sometimes 1 truck load. Meaning - Even if the order is for 1 car - the dealer has to pay 10-15K, even if its 4 cars in bottom half of a truck - he pays the same 10-15K. So frankly, these guys wait till they get a truck load or orders - irrespective of the model. Then they load the order and hope to pay a bulk on the 8-10 cars shipment per truck.

This is called EOQ - Economic order quantity.

Moral of the story---

1) When ordering please ask the dealer will they load the order in the next 15-30 mins? If not how many days they need- (this is directly propotional to their salesmanship capability).
2) At least follow up for the next 2-3 days - have they done so.
3) No dealer - except for a maruti may be - sells more than a truck load a day - so watch out
3) last but not least - not from 16th, but from 22nd morning - they need a good two weeks.

Take away - If only a dealer can set the right expectation, there will be no customer hassles. i am fine with the delay, if only the right words were spoken.

I really pity those souls who wait for 6-8 MONTHs for a swift line product.!!
Old 26th May 2008, 20:21   #48
BHPian

Hi svsantosh,

I dint mean to give u "shudders" I just talked about the goof-up my dealer did and also the way he handled the issue. Every time he just said that the car will be available next week. That pissed me off!!

And thanks for the above info as to when the dealer really loads the order onto the manufacturer's website.

Wish that you will get the car at the earliest without any hassles.
Old 27th May 2008, 09:10   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsk View Post

Wish that you will get the car at the earliest without any hassles.

one more info i got to know yesterday. Of course car is still to make it to the dealer - to make it more specefic - The dealer can view if his order has been shipped out of the assembly line and into the storage yard. The time TATA raises a invoice ONLINE is the exact time a car rolls out into the yard. So still thats not done. The car will not be loaded onto the consignment truck until the dealer pays TATA online. And from the moment he pays off TATA, he has to speak to the shipping team and get it as fast as possible to TamilNadu.

I can be rest assured that though a dealer may look lackluster'ed, by the time he pays off the manufacturer, he is going to be on my arse' to pay him. Remember - I have still paid ONLY 10K. Loan approved, not disbursed.

-----------

General opinion needed-

Is this really such a high demand product? Hard to believe...!!

Off late I have been seeing many CS's in Blore. Other city guys, If you can second my sightings around your cities...please quote.
Old 27th May 2008, 09:23   #50
Senior - BHPian

Yes SVsantosh,

I have been observing a lot of CS on the roads and especilly red coloured ones.
Old 27th May 2008, 13:58   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
General opinion needed-

Is this really such a high demand product? Hard to believe...!!

Off late I have been seeing many CS's in Blore. Other city guys, If you can second my sightings around your cities...please quote.
Yes, the demand is quite high for this model; even in a small town like Allahabad, I see nowadays a lot of white and arctic silver Indigo CS. From the dealer's entry, I found that at least 10 people have booked this car within a month after me. Apart from that a local company has ordered for 17 Indigo CS.
Old 27th May 2008, 20:41   #52
BHPian

Congrats Santhosh. Pls share your experience once your got the car.
Old 28th May 2008, 11:45   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
What model of autocop are you offered? Have a good look at the features. Make sure it has silent locking / unlocking and NO automatic unlocking on engine off.
Why do you want NO automatic unlocking on engine off ?

Personally I like this feature.
Old 28th May 2008, 11:52   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
THink I should take a car loan and pay off my housing loan !!
My thoughts exactly.
Old 28th May 2008, 12:39   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
Why do you want NO automatic unlocking on engine off ?

Personally I like this feature.
Due to reported cases of pickpockets/thieves striking at traffic signals when the engine is switched off.. These guys loot whatever is in the back seat (laptop etc) and scoot on foot, leaving you with no option to give chase.
Old 28th May 2008, 13:05   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Due to reported cases of pickpockets/thieves striking at traffic signals when the engine is switched off.. These guys loot whatever is in the back seat (laptop etc) and scoot on foot, leaving you with no option to give chase.
exactly the reason why I dont want to spend that extra 5000Rs only to see my laptop gone at signal..the mortal fear of it.

i can live with streching my arms that extra bit and locking the doors from inside while bailing out each time!!
Old 28th May 2008, 13:18   #57
Team-BHP Support

In MINDA system, when you turn engine off only drivers side unlocks.
Even when you unlock with remote, only drivers side unlocks, You have to click unlock twice to unlock other doors too.
If you get centrol locking installed from TATA, they fit in minda system for around 2500rs.
Old 31st May 2008, 20:26   #58
Senior - BHPian

Day of Mixed Emotions...!!!

----------
Mods - Please EDIT HEADER to "Booked Indigo CS TDI" - Still the 1st I guess..!
----------
31-May-2008, Saturday - Around 2PM

I walk into the Hosur - True Sai Works - TATA Showroom and walk upto Vishnu - Sales Manager. After a minute of formalities we get down to business. - WHERE IS MY CS???

Then the BOMB - Considering my rapport I built with the manager, he takes me into the Accounts dept - shows the system where TATA and every dealer do business - Not a Single CS DICOR lying in the Yard. Not 1 in production. Only a few were ever made - probably to judge the demand.

I understand that I may have to wait a few more weeks - (months?) for this car - Decided not worth it.

2nd Bomb - TATA has issued FAx circular to every dealer that it WILL increase prices around 1-2% and it may impact me another 8-10K. Already I was at 5.33 OTR (T.N) and was going to pay 5.43 (T.N) because of the road tax increase. Then another 10 makes it 5.53 OTR - Thumbs Down.

Quickly asked Vishnu what does he have in Stock to be billed in the next 1 hour - He offered me only 1 choice - 1 Indigo CS LS TDI - Gold Color. After much thought I DECIDED to go for it and completed the loan disbursement in a hour and withdrew 1Lakh from ICICI (Courtesy - My Ex-Alto) and gave it to the dealer.

Final Scene - One heart broken person - ended up with similar - but Ok-Ok TDI CS LS - ""50K Still left unused"" - now this I love..

Ordered the car to be loaded with Power windows (4), 3M light Tint, Dinitrol all round package. No-No to Central Locking.

Thing is - Car is in Salem Main HQ of the dealer - I have put things in place for a Temp Number by tuesday - decked up with accessories - wednesday, and Me mum and dad going in Volvo - 183Kms next saturday to Salem, early morning. AT LAST I am taking delivery of a car from the showroom (unlike my alto - home delivered - never seen the showroom till date).

---------
Now - Gurus, what will you do with a NEW CS TDI, "Salvaged 1 pioneer 3050UB, 1 2Ch Sony, 2 JBL 937, 2 JBL 4"s", and nearly 30K as spare??? Please advise some real nice ICE options - 1 4CH and 1- 8"Woofer + compos Ideas welcome. Alloys - No please. g-Sport - Yeah yeah. Please guys Shoot me with ideas - ideas that can make me overcome the sadness of missing a CRDI vs a TDI. Ideas - that make my driving experience forget this terrible loss.
---------

Mods - Please EDIT HEADER to Indigo CS TDI - Still the 1st I guess..!!!

----------
Old 31st May 2008, 20:35   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Mods - Please EDIT HEADER to Indigo CS TDI - Still the 1st I guess..!!!

----------
That would be the first CS TDI. Congratulations. The TDI is a tried and test engine from TATA and I am sure you will be happy with it.
Old 31st May 2008, 20:51   #60
Senior - BHPian

Price Break up
------opening balance - 390,000 Loan + 150,000 Ex-Alto = 540,000
Ex Shwrm - 434,094
insurance - 11,670
Road tax (TN) - 37,428
handling temp regd - 3,000
18+30 warranty - 4,950
-- OTR --- - 491,142 INR ---
3M Tint - 2,303
dinitrol anti rust- 4,050
4 pw window - 12,750
--- net - 510,248 INR

I am left with 30,000

Last edited by svsantosh : 31st May 2008 at 20:55.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks