Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2008, 20:57   #61
Senior - BHPian

car lying spare at Tata dealer has a VERY HIGH chance of being a TD (as in test drive) vehicle.check out your ride and see if there are any pointers - disconnected odo, or any sort of damage

MY recommend for ICE
5" ( 6" if you can get hold of a good installer who wont screw up your door panels) components up front
your 6x9's behind ( then you'll have to cut the rear tray. you do have 5" stock locations in the rear as well.. the 6x9's will otherwise go in betweeen.
yes, a sub would be a great idea. run the other speakers off the HU ( with HPF on) , and use the 2 ch for the sub. If you feel that you need more volume , get a 4 ch amp

Another suggestion. Tyre upsize! wider rubber will help !

there is nothing to be sad about mate-
downsides-
1) you'll need to be a bit more patient when ripping it for the turbo to kick in
2) slightly less mileage

Upsides
1) cheaper , and you can spend it on better stuff, which you are wisely doing 50k more is too much, since the indica Dicor is only 30k more
2) can tolerate bad fuel. common rails are very picky about what they drink, and the dicor filtration system is very complex
3) simpler engine - no stumped roadside mechanics trying to figure out whats in there. The TDi has been around a lot longer
4) the boost when it comes , is quite an experience . not very convenient for the city, but on the highway its amazing !

Last edited by greenhorn : 31st May 2008 at 21:16.
Old 31st May 2008, 21:01   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
car lying spare at Tata dealer has a VERY HIGH chance of being a TD (as in test drive) vehicle.check out your ride and see if there are any pointers - disconnected odo, or any sort of damage
hai - not to worry, it just arrived by the truck load a day ago, confirmed it - seems the TDI is being booked by the Dozen - just my damn luck the dicor is still not up for grabs.!!
Old 1st June 2008, 00:11   #63
BHPian

Hey svsantosh! That's a great news! Congrats! Don't get upset. TDI is a proven and tested engine. You will have a lot of fun on highways with it as the turbo kicks in. I saw that fax today. I went to the showroom just to fix few things up. The sales manager showed me that copy of fax. Yes there will be a price increase from Monday. He said that I am quite fortunate to get my car in just the nick of time. I am eager to know about your ICE. The 6x9 rear speakers from Blaupunkt are superb, though you have to cut the panel to make room, as greenhorn pointed out.
Old 1st June 2008, 05:43   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Another suggestion. Tyre upsize! wider rubber will help !
yeah - some how i thought of the same thing - i remember a fellow pian getting 175's to 185's and paying hardly 3K more - the same day of delivery of course.

But can you confirm me the F.E that a TDI can offer me? And how much will the tyre upsize bring me down? what are the benefits of upsize other than grip levels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscap View Post
I am eager to know about your ICE. .
hi crosscap - check out my garage - alto - ICE section - I am going to salvage the same system onto the CS - Cutting the rear panel yes - also I want to put a 8" Polk MOMO woofer in the rear parcel tray between the 2 JBL's Ovals - keep watching for pics. I will surely have a 6 speaker system - to utlize what TATA offers - Dash 2 + door 2 facility and of course rear 2. May buy another simple 2 ch amp (JBL this time) and dreaming of 1 pair illusion/JBL 5" compos for the door. add 6-8K only for the installation. So i am sure another 12-14K will do the trick - waiting to see my dream come true.

Last edited by svsantosh : 1st June 2008 at 05:51.
Old 1st June 2008, 07:51   #65
Senior - BHPian

my Indica turbo gives me 13~14 kmpl, and i drive it with a heavy right foot ( to keep the revs above 1.8k to keep the turbo spinning).Havent upsized yet though- need to urgently, rear grip does not inspire confidence when cornering, but i have stock 165/65's. DONT use premium diesels. regular is all you need. maybe with a bit of system D added.

About the Ice, well, 6 speakers may be pushing it. Even the gurus here didnt say much about it. a good pair of components up front should be more than enough

I dont think there is enough space in between the rear stock locations to put the ovals AND a 8 " sub. I think a bigger sealed box sub would be better , if you can sacrifice the boot space. 6" components in front will also help matters with the bass up front

And dont go overboard with it yet. see how it sounds , then add stuff as you want
Old 1st June 2008, 13:04   #66
Senior - BHPian

Process of a Car Changing Ownership

This is something I learnt, thought may be helpful to all you guys.

1) The manufacturer rolls out the car and immediately invoices the dealer before it goes to his parking Yard. 1st Owner responsibility - Dealer
Note - The manufacturer never owns responsibility of a car that is invoiced on a dealer name.

2) Car lies in the yard (owner - dealer) then ships it onto a truck to his place anywhere in India - Insurance responsibility - still the dealer headache.

3) Car comes to dealers parking yard - still his problem. The minute the new Owner OK's the purchase - The sale invoice means that the new owner bears all the headache hence forth. Of course - this step happens ONLY after the dealer REALIZES the money (Loan/Cash/Cheque).

4) Next step is the sale invoice copy and chassis# and engine# goes to the insurance person and the cover note is generated.

5) Then with the invoice in triplicate (3 copies) and 1 insurance cover note copy, and the ONE sale certificate from the maker - the car enters the local RTO- to either get a 30days TR Temp Regn - OR - a permanent regn. TR costs as little as 1K for a CS TDI class, may be around 3-4K max-max for a BIG sedan/SUV.

------Why all this story------

Well, I learnt one thing from this, any automobile in India can be regd ONLY once with the sale cert from the maker - Meaning - Any car you see in a showroom as a TR Regn should be already registered as a SHOWROOM OWNED car, and then its upto the 'showroom' owner to re-regd it as TR or a perm#.

Point is - There is only ONE way a Test Drive Car ends up as a "new" car in a hands of a un-suspecting owner - Major FRAUD - Of not TR regd a new car in the name of the showroom - just using it around without connecting the speedo - WITHOUT INSURING IT - (one who doesnot want to own it as TD car will NOT insure it).

-------where am I going with all this??-------

Remember Sunson(I think) who got roughed up by a bangalore crowd after the SX4 BIMAL crash???

MOST LIKELY that SX4 did not have a TR nor a Insurance!!! May be thats why the Showroom was so ROWDY with him!!

-------MORAL --------

All you Pian's - PLZ PLZ Make sure you ask for the TR copy and the Insurance Copy of the TD car before taking it for a spin - Most likely you wont see one, then exercise caution before rippin' er' out.
svsantosh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2008, 13:40   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hey Santhosh,

That is one hell of a piece of information. Thanks for sharing.
Old 2nd June 2008, 15:44   #68
Senior - BHPian

Extremely informative Santosh, We need to keep note when we plan for the next test drive.

Thanks for sharing
Abhi
Old 2nd June 2008, 15:54   #69
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> DONT use premium diesels. regular is all you need. maybe with a bit of
> system D added.

In a discussion in the Indica group, premium diesels were suggested due to better cetane values.

Yahoo! Groups

My Marina LS Tdi has been fed with premium diesel since the above mileage and has been quite smooth in its performance.
Old 4th June 2008, 12:07   #70
Senior - BHPian

Confirmed Price increase

TATA has increased prices of all cars.

The CS TDI and Dicor has seen a price rise of nearly 7K. I called the sales manager and thanked him for saving that extra 7K!!
Old 4th June 2008, 12:25   #71
BANNED

svsantosh, are they delivering the DiCOR versions or not? Please let us know if you have any information.
Old 4th June 2008, 12:45   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Confirmed Price increase

TATA has increased prices of all cars.

The CS TDI and Dicor has seen a price rise of nearly 7K. I called the sales manager and thanked him for saving that extra 7K!!
Is the price increase for the car still applicable to people who had booked the car at the lower price???

My friend too is in dilemma regarding his dzire.
The dealer is asking for 23 k more than the price at which they had booked.
As per the law what amount are we supposed to pay:
a. The price at which we had booked.
b. The market price at time of delivery.

Don't you think it is unjustified for manufacturers to sell the car to the customers at hiked price instead of booking price after the car has been
booked???

Can legal action be taken in such a case.
7k is Ok and manageable but 25 k on a 5 lac car is insane.
Old 4th June 2008, 12:54   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

> DONT use premium diesels. regular is all you need. maybe with a bit of
> system D added.

In a discussion in the Indica group, premium diesels were suggested due to better cetane values.

Yahoo! Groups

My Marina LS Tdi has been fed with premium diesel since the above mileage and has been quite smooth in its performance.
doc, there have been several instances here where premium fuels, especially turbojet were not recommended , because the additives caused problems with the fuel pump/injectors , and the advice was given from the tata service centers...
Old 4th June 2008, 12:54   #74
BANNED

One has to pay the price applicable at the time of delivery. Your booking invoice will state that clearly. Unless the dealer stomachs the increase.
Old 4th June 2008, 12:56   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
One has to pay the price applicable at the time of delivery. Your booking invoice will state that clearly. Unless the dealer stomachs the increase.
Thanks for the info hrag i will check that up with my pal...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks