Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2008, 14:20   #76
BHPian

Yes, the price and scheme applicable at the time of delivery is applicable.

When my WagonR was being readied for delivery the scheme was changed from the Insurance+MGA worth 11k to Insurance+MGA worth 21K.

The dealer recieved the fax stating scheme change with immediate effect hence I benifited with 10k worth of MGA.

Last edited by Car-Agey : 4th June 2008 at 14:21.
Old 4th June 2008, 17:04   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
svsantosh, are they delivering the DiCOR versions or not? Please let us know if you have any information.
No One has a clue - I was hoping they would, until I heard of the price increase, Already 50K is TOOO Much over the TDI in the CS Range, another 7K is horse crap - so chucked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
Is the price increase for the car still applicable to people who had booked the car at the lower price???
Yes yes yes... Remember, booking can be done any time, Maker Invoicing is the time when the maker gets money, Dealer invoicing is the time dealer gets the money from you...so be-ware of these 2 events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
One has to pay the price applicable at the time of delivery. Your booking invoice will state that clearly. Unless the dealer stomachs the increase.
Delivery yes - More specific - The minute the maker invoices the car, the car belongs to the dealer, you can pay the very next second (PRactically) and make that car yours. (I saw how that works in the SIEBEL system that TATA works upon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
Yes, the price and scheme applicable at the time of delivery is applicable.

When my WagonR was being readied for delivery the scheme was changed from the Insurance+MGA worth 11k to Insurance+MGA worth 21K.
Good for you - ONLY because that car must have got invoiced with that benefits - the cars which get invoiced even a hour earlier to that day;s midnight - dont stand to earn that - unless the dealer is compelled to give those. If they do too, they will make sure they black market the end-of-offer stocks and salvage those accessories and sell it the week after the offer closes. Hope I am making sense.
Old 4th June 2008, 17:13   #78
Senior - BHPian

Hi greenhorn,

> and the advice was given from the tata service centers

If my service people had told me to revert to regular I would have. So far they have not told me anything maybe since I don't have any problems, yet.

The first thing the dealer told me when I took delivery my City CVT was to use only regular petrol and I have done so to date.
Old 6th June 2008, 13:28   #79
Senior - BHPian

Very Responsive TATA Customer Care

Something out of the ordinary happened.

On 5th june 08, around 2PM I gave this grievance report on Tata Motors Customer Support :: Home.

Contents -

"I am going to take delivery of my car from True Sai on 7th june 2008, its a indigo CS TDI. At the time of booking and payment I asked to be ENROLLED into the GOLD CLUB Membership to AVAIL the discount on accessories. I have agreed and PAID nearly 20,000 towards the dealer for 4-Pwr windows, 3M Sunfilm and Dinitrol fullbody antirust treatment. I WAS TOLD TATA NO LONGER OFFERS Such membership, Is it true? Is the dealer lying, or TATA website lying, or both of you making a MONKEY out of me. If the website is true, I WOULD HAVE got 10% off on accessories thats nearly 2,000Rs. Please come up with a reasonable explanation that is true and honest, true to the tradition of TATA."

----------

Guess what, Less than 24 hours later someone from TATA Worli office calls up the GM of True Sai and takes him for a RIDE, in turn the GM calls up the Hosur Showroom manager and RIPS him - poor guy calls me 2 mins ago and asked what happened, why did you email TATA. After explaining the contents, he promised he will look into how to get that membership...

------

Moral of the story -

Looks like TATA is really serious about their customer satisfaction thing, NEVER expected anyone to respond to that query, LET ALONE in 1 DAY!!!.

----

Tommorow is D-Day(Delivery day), keep watching this space...
Old 6th June 2008, 13:32   #80
BHPian

@svsantosh:

Your post makes me happy and proud! Now wonder, the Tata group has been chosen and 6th most reputed business group in the world.

Last edited by Dippy : 2nd February 2010 at 16:45. Reason: Do not quote a long post when replying to a topic.
Old 6th June 2008, 13:50   #81
Senior - BHPian

even from my experience, tata management seems to be monitoring customer satisfaction and feedback closely, its just the dealers giving a bad name....
Old 6th June 2008, 13:51   #82
Senior - BHPian

Sir,

Tata group is a bunch of fantastic and responsive people.

Problem is about the monkeys they chose to staff the dealers/ASCs
Old 6th June 2008, 20:24   #83
Senior - BHPian

MIRACLES come True...

Well, If you read my few posts earlier you will notice the NOISE I created inside True Sai works.

Well after a 6-7PM meeting today with the sales manager face to face, and the MD and DGM and GM from Salem on the phone, and sending a few Faxes of the Gold Club membership details to the Top brass, I returned home a HUMBLE Person.

End story - I was promised a 2000 INR refund (10% on 1st time accessories), irrespective of whether I join the membership or not. The sales manager had a BRAVE HEART to face me after 8 hours of CONTINOUS RATTLING by his top brass. I felt a little bad, even though that same person was the one who assured me that no such thing existed.

I told him frankly that it was nothing personal between me and him, just that I always attribute the success of a organization to its PEOPLE and its failures to its PROCESS/PROCEDURES.

I shook hands with him, bid adieu, and looking forward to the car tomm morning - 7-Jun 11AM Salem.
Old 6th June 2008, 20:59   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Sir,

Tata group is a bunch of fantastic and responsive people.

Problem is about the monkeys they chose to staff the dealers/ASCs
Well said! But having said that, if manufacturers show some sort control / audit mechanism over their dealers, it would be great (as it happened here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
... I shook hands with him, bid adieu, and looking forward to the car tomm morning - 7-Jun 11AM Salem.
All the best, Santhosh!
Old 7th June 2008, 20:02   #85
Senior - BHPian

At last....

1st of all please wait for the pics - I forgot to get the cable to Hosur, have the pics in camera
-------------------------------------------

Friday night - slept around 1130 PM after the last movie on TV, was juggling around and slopping around the bed, woke up at 2:00AM. Just could not sleep, decided to call my colleague in US and chat, after a 30 min meeting, turned around and saw a figure walking into the kitchen and starting the stove, realized it was my Mum, equally restless about the next morning. Both ended up talking about the coming up day, and had a few slices of bread and chai - and around 445 woke up dad and started the morning routine and left home at 630. Boarded the Ernakulam train at 720 sharp and dozed off....

Woke up 1020 sharp- salem Jn - platform #2, had a quick coffee, and took a Auto - 80 Bucks to 'Hastampatty, Cherry Road'. After 8 Kms, eagerly alighted to see my beauty (11 AM)- was welcomed by the sales manager - Balaji, and after making us cozy in the Customer lounge with the AC full blast and a 30" Plasma to entertain us - he said the 3M underbody is still drying at the service place and will take at most 30 mins to see the car.

At 12 noon, I saw her in flesh - in the basement - remembered the "checklist while delivery" thread (ODO WAS AT 25 KMS, NO Probs), i requested to be driven a few kms, and drive myself- before I sign any docs. After 3-4Kms of city - started to like the AutoCop power windows, 3M sunfilm (really cools fast) and the power of the turbo.

Checked a few important things and realized there were many smudges around the body by dirty hands - gave them 15 mins to get them cleaned - and realized NONE of the in-cabin reading lights worked - they realized the power windows work shorted a few fuses - got them changed and made sure the tank had 15liters of fuel.

Around 1PM - got the traditional Garland and Lemon and Camphor kaa Pooja - they took a Digi Pic for the album and said I will get a copy - and I got a box of haldirams soan papdi and a penstand and 2 keychains as a token of thanks. Also made sure the Feebies - floor mat, mud flaps and steering grip were present.

Bid a BYE-BYE at 2PM and rushed into a nice hotel and hogged a nice Unlimited south indian meals - and started at 230 PM

------------now the drive---Indigo CS LS TDI-------

With a Full tank, BIG Grin on the face, 2 oldies by my side - started off veryvery nervously. Though until a fortnight ago - I was doing stunt like driving Rash - in my alto - Just could not pathom the fear of a dent on the new car. Drove Extra - cautious.

Started from Salem with all windows up (gave mum-dad a quick 30 second lesson how to use them) - AC full blast - WOW this car can cool quick. Hit the NH and first thought - this car is heavy- literally.

I made sure I stuck to the 20 30 50 60 80 bracket as recomemded by the manual. (Actually manual says 90 is ok upto 1000Kms - I did not have the *****). The engine was LOUD with AC Recirculate mode - Power steering was a breeze and the 14" wheels ARE MAJOR WELCOME over the 13" of Indica Range.

The first 40 Kms till Omalur WAS Hell, The engine just wouldnt respond - I thought I was driving a Indica (no turbo). Then realized to take it easy and understand how a DIESEL engine with TURBO works. Around the 50Km make I started to feel her open-up more freely.

I had also got to know her feelings, when to upshift - down shift, braking etc... WAIT - BRAKING - WOW, What a BITE, Never felt this kind of a BITE in the TD Car. Seems like the new car untouched by the public is much better.

Around the 80-90 KMS on the ODO mark -- I WAS AT EASE, The Fuel Needle had hardly moved a Milimter - I learnt the fun way of keeping her in the 1800 - 2100 RPM mark. Any higher then 2100 (Approx) in top gear - I cross 85+ (ODO) - WOW, What a lazy performance for such a speed.

Then a problem - Funny now - Mum developed Cramps - Due the Chilness inside at full blast. Had to break at Dharmapuri (70Kms odd)- have a coffee break, and then RIDE WithOut AC.

The ride from dharmapuri was more adventerous - Single lane most of the way to Krishnagiri - So many 3rd gear 70's at 2500-2800RPM and such fun stuff. All this with 3 Windows down, so more DRAG!!!

Hit the beautiful Hosur-chennai GQ at krishnagiri - (110Km odd) - I just couldnt resist - After 25Rs at the toll gate - Hit it.

Rough and noisy Of course - But what a power of the turbo - 90 comes up before you notice - Tried many times to keep it at 80-85 and then reached a Huge company owned HP bunk and topped her up. - 9.1Liters for 138Kms at 15.4 Odd KMPL for the first 100+ Kms of her life. I felt let down - Expected at least 16-17 on the highway - Then realized the AC and perky driving I did for the last leg. So was convinced she will offer more.

--------

Key take aways - ROOM - ROOM - ROOM, Huge car, Puts swift and verna to shame (personal experience with the both) - Noisy enough to awake the colony - WAIT, DID I say about the Gear Shift.

What are you Bhpians talking about the Notchy Gear on TATA's - I had one of the most peaceful and refreshing 1st drives (170 Kms Odd) Straight out of the showroom, on the GQ. The gear felt smoother than a Alto, Mostlike the santro's - Was this a unique experience - Or was it a one off example?

Panel gaps - Forget Cockroaches - I am afraid to find RATS inside the car one day, I can easily fit my little finger into few of those. Most Sad part - The Fuel Lid is NOT Contoured enough to match the smooth curve of the body - SAD and LAZY design dept.

FRONT Seats - WOW, Loved then after the Alto - BUT WAIT - Mum ended up with a sore back - The rear is TOO Upright - Need a tiny pillow for her lower back !!!!!

Plastics - Dash looks ok, NOT UPTO Alto's Mark - Headlights and Rear lights - Defenetly Maruti - Hyundai Class - Nice finish and build quality.

InHood - Clean and all fluids were upto the mark, BUT WAIT- Why the hell does everything BURN like MOLTEN LAVA even after a short 2 Km TD. I could not open the Lid with my bare hands - Even the 1 feet stay rod which holds up the lid - Was burning crazy!!!

The Incabin noise is NIL - NIL, Thanks to the under body 3M treatment - Must for cars like the TATA - All I could hear was the clatter of the engine.

-------

For - Space, Cheap Turbo Boost, FE-FE-FE
Against - I have none, I love it (for 4.75 Lacs OTR), You know what to write here....

------

ICE - Wait for a few days - Planning a transplant from my old Alto Setup

------

This will be a running report hopefully, keep watching for pics.
Old 7th June 2008, 20:39   #86
BHPian

Congratulations Santosh. You finally have her home. Yours is the FIRST INDIGO CS TDi on the forum. Keep her clean and treat her well.

Last edited by SumitB : 7th June 2008 at 20:48.
Old 7th June 2008, 20:46   #87
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Santhosh!

Finally, you got your hands on the beau! :-)

I guess the mileage will improve after the first service or so. Just keep the speed / rpm in proper range during run in.

Drive safe and buckle up!
Old 7th June 2008, 21:15   #88
Senior - BHPian

santhosh, more than the speed ,I think a better thumb rule is to keep the revs within 2k. But yes , the flesh is weak and even i did 100+ in the first week :(
yes, the turbo is fun, and i know exactly what you are trying to express .

the only -ve i feel is that there is a 2nd gear 3rd gear gap which makes driving in the city a bit of a bother which is cured in the DiCOR

Last edited by greenhorn : 7th June 2008 at 21:17.
Old 8th June 2008, 01:32   #89
BHPian

Hi Santosh,

Congrats on the car!!!

And thanks a lot for the kind of info u provided here.

Happy motoring.
Old 8th June 2008, 08:30   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
the only -ve i feel is that there is a 2nd gear 3rd gear gap which makes driving in the city a bit of a bother which is cured in the DiCOR
yes - Sadly from a Fun filled 1st day on the GQ - Am going into maniac Bangalore today - lets hope a smooth transition.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks