Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2008, 20:47   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
I insisted on a deadline within this week. He said he'll do his best & if he doesn't succeed, he offered a spare car for my use by the weekend till they procure the FP.

Today afternoon, he called to update me.

He's found a FP with a dealer in Chennai. As I write this its been couriered to the A_S_S here in Bangalore.

Might get back the car by Sat, after a comprehensive check up, post fitting of new FP.
cheers:

Thats a pretty decent service. I own a Maruti car and will be happy if Maruti GM offers something similar in such situation.
Old 22nd May 2008, 20:54   #77
Senior - BHPian

My sympathies, eclectix. I understand your frustration, having had to wait twice (within the space of 8 months, which was how long my Alfa Romeo ownership lasted) for more than 3 weeks on each occassion for Made in Italy fuel injection pumps to arrive from Italy.

That was in Dubai, where Tata does not service Fiat (and associated brands). So I guess its the same story everywhere.

Last edited by Steeroid : 22nd May 2008 at 20:57.
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:28   #78
BHPian

Update

Finally got a mail from Mangesh of Fiat India, (After 4 days)

Quote:
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your communication & we are extremely sorry to note on the concern mentioned, we have coordinated the, matter with dealership & necessary back up is rendered to dealership through our parts department, be rest assured your car will be attended at the earlier.

Thanking you & assuring you of our best services at all timesWith warm regards,

Mangesh Kodalkar
Quite non committal, I would say. Considering the fact that TML people have procured the Fuel Pump themselves.
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:41   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quite non committal, I would say. Considering the fact that TML people have procured the Fuel Pump themselves.
Quite non committal and highly impersonal as well.
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:47   #80
Senior - BHPian

Do you drink? I think its about time you took Mangesh out for a drink.

Else you have a long battle ahead to enjoy your palio through official channels! :(
Old 23rd May 2008, 17:11   #81
Senior - BHPian

Imagine that!
Your car breaks down on you, the dealer has no spares, you are without a car for many days, and so, in the meantime, you take the area manager out for a date!
Old 23rd May 2008, 17:20   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Do you drink? I think its about time you took Mangesh out for a drink.

Else you have a long battle ahead to enjoy your palio through official channels! :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Imagine that!
Your car breaks down on you, the dealer has no spares, you are without a car for many days, and so, in the meantime, you take the area manager out for a date!
If Fiat was based in Bangalore, that would've been a good propositioncheers:
Old 23rd May 2008, 18:12   #83
BHPian

Hey guys, few days back my cousin's friend was following up with Honda for honda city fuel pump.
Old 23rd May 2008, 19:00   #84
Senior - BHPian

Out of curiosity, I want to know if all Maruti ASCs stock Fuel pump of all their cars?

I don't think so!
Old 23rd May 2008, 19:06   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Out of curiosity, I want to know if all Maruti ASCs stock Fuel pump of all their cars?
I don't think so!
As a matter of fact, in Noida you can get FP of all common maruti cars(except for direct CBU imports) in a day.
Ditto for Tata. Indica fuel pump needed? 2 hours to get new one. Same for safari.
But then you rarely need FP replacement in those cars, as fuel pump repair is much cheaper. For example indica diesel fuel pump overhaul is around 7000rs from the TASC and less than half that amount in open market. In case of car being in warranty its a free replacement and your car does not need to come in repair for more than a day.
Old 24th May 2008, 11:46   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Superb. If that's the state of Fiat, why did they even bother launching the MJD?

This is SHODDY by any standards. Customer service is no substitute for bad processes.

If the GM-South needs to personally resolve each small issue, then all the managers below him need to be fired - YESTERDAY!
Good god, I have booked the MJD recently and am following with some GM like above due to the delay. I still have two weeks time...should I reconsider in light of the above... it is a real dilemma- I like the car but would hate to be in eclectix's position.
Old 24th May 2008, 11:56   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Good god, I have booked the MJD recently and am following with some GM like above due to the delay. I still have two weeks time...should I reconsider in light of the above... it is a real dilemma- I like the car but would hate to be in eclectix's position.
Zaks, I dont think you should reconsider your choice.

If you take the percentage of critical parts failure, Fiat has lot less failures than any other makers.

As for the service, probably it will improve once the TATA-FIAT integrate the services completely. From what I heard, from one of the execs, They've just got engaged. Once they get married it is supposed to be different.
cheers:
Old 24th May 2008, 12:10   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They've just got engaged. Once they get married it is supposed to be different.
The worst that each could independently think up will gain a new synergy!

That's when users will know how GOOD the old days were!
Old 24th May 2008, 14:23   #89
Senior - BHPian

Anup saab,

I meant befriend - not date. Wonder what is it that made you think on what you wrote

When there is no service, then you need to bribe/befriend the system!
Old 24th May 2008, 14:31   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally got a mail from Mangesh of Fiat India, (After 4 days)

quite non commital indeed, rahulkool who had mailed them regarding getting a new door for his palio got a similar and delayed response to his queries as well. dont see the quite the enthusiasm as last time. wonder if tbhp members are flooding his inbox
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks