Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2008, 01:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Neat and precise write up Sushanth!! Loved reading every bit of it. And yes Palio is a very good cruiser and a great handler when compared to other hatches. Enjoy your car and drive safe!!
Old 29th May 2008, 18:44   #17
BHPian

I have a Palio 1.2 ELX which just came back from the garage after some denting & painting work. I noticed the headlight alignment has gone for a toss & the high beam, which originally used to light up the road is lowered. The levelling unit is set on "0". Can anyone suggest me good powerful lights for the Pali 1.2 that wouldn't cost a lot?
I need a good spread on low beam & decent far illumination for high beam.
Old 29th May 2008, 18:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
I have a Palio 1.2 ELX which just came back from the garage after some denting & painting work. I noticed the headlight alignment has gone for a toss & the high beam, which originally used to light up the road is lowered. The levelling unit is set on "0". Can anyone suggest me good powerful lights for the Pali 1.2 that wouldn't cost a lot?
I need a good spread on low beam & decent far illumination for high beam.

I suppose, you could post your query in this thread, which is meant for the purpose. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...pics-here.html
cheers:
Old 30th May 2008, 21:57   #19
BHPian

very well written... I have purchases my palio around the same time and it has covered almost same milage.. now i am being 'inspired' to write my review (though it will be almost same as this one)
Old 9th July 2008, 11:56   #20
BHPian

Guys, I recently changed my wipers to Bosh. My observations are mentioned below:

01. The rubber material is better than the stock blade material.
02. Requires slightly more water on windshield than the stock ones to operate without any squeaking noise.
03. Cleans slightly better than the stock ones.
04. Not a big upgrade from the stock ones.

I was looking out for replacement for my rear wiper blades as well. They create a real bad squeaking noise when operated. I only found it in a brand called "Standard" which I think is the OEM. So I opted not to replace it.

I've retained my old ones just in case I feel like switching back.

Cost: 350/- (approx)
Service Center: Green Tracks
Old 9th July 2008, 12:26   #21
BHPian

Upgrade of bulbs

Guys,

I had posted my query related to upgrade of lights here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/885749-post1852.html

Thanks for all the replies and they were really helpful.

Last week I finally upgraded the bulbs. More info below:

Narva - H7 - 100W - 2 Nos - 500 INR approx
02. Narva - H1 - 80W - 2 Nos - 250 INR approx
03. Standard - Relay / Wiring / Fuse / Metallic Clips - 450 INR approx

Total Cost: 1600 INR (including labor cost: 350 INR)
Service Center: Green Tracks
Time consumed: 1 hr with focusing.

My impressions on the setup:

(+ ves)
01. Low beam is very good. Good spread and throw.
02. High beam is also very good. Good spread and throw.
03. The color of both the beams are excellent. They are neither tube light white nor blue. They produce the color of the stock bulbs but only brighter. The color is more biased towards white than yellow.
04. Low beams are fantastic for city driving.
05. So far I haven't felt any excessive heating.
06. Palio has a low beam obstruction built-in in the head lamp assembly. This cover eliminates any necessity for the external black stickers on the surface of the assembly.
07. Since Palio has separate bulbs for both high and low beams, they can operate simultaneously and hence produce better light. This also helps in designing the internal reflectors for specific purposes. The low beam reflectors are more designed for spread and the high beam for throw.

(- ves)
01. People could confuse your lower beams to high beams.
02. The Relay / Fuse are exposed to moisture. I am sure I need to find a cover for them or else they'll get destroyed during a wash.
03. Life of these bulbs are still uncertain.
04. Focusing becomes can become a major issue with higer intensity bulbs. This is simplly because the effects are simply more prominent / amplified.

Now the question: Would it force the trucker / taxi drivers at night to siwtch to lowe beams? Hmmm...Not sure! I am yet to find out.

Is the upgrade worth: Oh yes!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks