Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 21:13   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
Any plans on making your 'B' and 'C' pillars black? Borrowing a good idea never hurt anyone. I'm sure mansidea won't mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
thanks KK....
i am definetely looking at various options to personalize my car. first would be a bull bar like the one shankar balan has, i loved it! next would be alloys but as i said, its a risky experiment, i may lose my TPMS, which i cant, at any cost! after a week or so, i will surely fit a pressure horn (roots) and a seat cover, though i dont prefer leather.

black pillars, sure it attracts a lot of attention. but i must find a good garage who will do it for me.

here is my response:
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Report - My new Scorpio VLX mHawk - 25,000 kms and counting-19082008565.jpg  

Ownership Report - My new Scorpio VLX mHawk - 25,000 kms and counting-23082008620.jpg  

Ownership Report - My new Scorpio VLX mHawk - 25,000 kms and counting-23082008622.jpg  

Old 27th August 2008, 17:09   #77
BHPian

Finally got my new Scorpio VLX mHawk

Raj,

Can you please comment on the rear seat comfort of the mHawk.

Is the under-thigh support good? Is it a bumpy ride like the old Scorpio?
Old 27th August 2008, 18:13   #78
BHPian

Does the gear stick vibratea lot in this too. I feel M & M should work on this part to make it 10L goody.
Old 27th August 2008, 21:00   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
Raj,

Can you please comment on the rear seat comfort of the mHawk.

Is the under-thigh support good? Is it a bumpy ride like the old Scorpio?
the seat is actually quite good but the suspension could have been better. under thigh support is also fine. the ride is not bumpy as in the old scorpio but not as comfortable as the innova or safari. in the mHAWK the ride is quite supple but i wish it was still better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Does the gear stick vibratea lot in this too. I feel M & M should work on this part to make it 10L goody.
yes, the gear stick still vibrates, the only grouse i have with my vehicle. but i have noticed that if you rev the vehicle a bit before shifting gears, the stick doesnt vibrate. but this may hamper FE. it particularly vibrates in 3rd gear.
Old 31st August 2008, 21:15   #80
BHPian

Raj, as I have decided to go for mhawk , can you please let me know what was the odo reading when you took the delivery of the vechile, I am told that Mahindra only brings Logon and 3 wheeler on trailer, all other vechiles are driven from factory to dealer, the vechile that I choose has 728 kms on odo. Is this normal?

-Pramod
Old 1st September 2008, 12:37   #81
BHPian

The black pillars blends in well with white. Was it painted or sticker?
Old 1st September 2008, 17:58   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Raj, as I have decided to go for mhawk , can you please let me know what was the odo reading when you took the delivery of the vechile, I am told that Mahindra only brings Logon and 3 wheeler on trailer, all other vechiles are driven from factory to dealer, the vechile that I choose has 728 kms on odo. Is this normal?

-Pramod
the vehicle you chose means? you already bought the vehicle?
my scorpio had 120 kms on the odo. 728 kms is a bit too much i feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
The black pillars blends in well with white. Was it painted or sticker?
thanks buddy. its a sticker better known as vinyl.
Old 1st September 2008, 18:18   #83
BHPian

I have already made the booking, but I still have a option to opt out from the chosen vehicle as I have not made any huge payment. This is the reason I was asking as 780+ km seems to be too high may be near to 1st servicing, possibly get the 1st servicing done on delivery date itself, jokes apart I will go back and confirm the same on some of the other parked vehicle in stockyard as suggested by many in other thread.

-Pramod
Old 1st September 2008, 20:29   #84
Senior - BHPian

5000 kms, 1st service update:

PART DESCRIPTION (QTY.) RATE as follows:

OIL FITER (1) 127.11
GEAR OIL (2) 307.54
DIFFERENTIAL OIL (1) 218.66
ENGINE OIL PREMIUM (6) 840.00
COTTON WASTE (1) 8.88 (ridiculous!!)
W.D. 40 (1) 43.75

TOTAL: Rs. 1545.94

NOT INCLUDED UNDER SERVICE:
MIRACLE TREATMENT (underbody anti-rust treatment) : Rs. 3500

INITIAL HICCUPS FACED:

1. the "whoa" sound coming from the day of delivery itself was finally solved after 3 visits to the workshop! it was traced to the AC motor. on the 1st visit, one of the 2 motors was replaced under warranty. on the 2nd visit, the 2nd motor was replaced. on the 3rd visit, the expansion valve costing Rs. 300 was replaced under warranty. after that, this problem did not re-surface, touch wood!

2. excessive gear lever vibration in 3rd gear not solved. found to be present in all mHAWKs.

3. central locking system by nippon found to be a bit unreliable. a month back, it was working but refused to emit the siren while locking/unlocking. worst is that mahindra dealers do not attend to such complaints. they gave us the number of nippon customer care who will send a person to our place to rectify the complaint. 3 days back, just before the vehicle was to be sent to the service centre, the remote stopped working. but the next morning, it started and is working fine now. i think it must have got wet in the rains, irresponsible driver and poor nippon quality!

4. service by the mahindra service centre (GLOBAL GALLARIE, MUMBAI) is good. the staff behaviour is good. when i called for an appointment for the service, they informed me well in advance about the routine work that will be carried on my vehicle, the parts that will be replaced or checked, what i have to carry with me and the bill amount. vehicle was delivered on time and washed properly including the tyre polish. my beige seats were not spoiled!!!

overall, the vehicle is perfoming fine. the mHAWK engine still suprises me everyday with its amazing power delivery. i am getting an average of 9-10 kmpl in mumbai city. on a recent trip to pune through the expressway, i got an average of 13 kmpl which i think is sufficient since it was doing speeds of 120+ kmph and even the worse pune traffic! felt very stable at speeds of 140-150 kmph with no probems faced. engine was still very refined and the sound was not much of a bother. but above 120 kmph, wind noise exists.
sensors are working fine. cruise control and auto headlights only put to use on express highway. auto wipers is a boon. it works spot on, a superb feature. rear sensors are also good. wish the fog lamps were better though. tyre pressure sensors are good and almost accurate with an error of +0.5 psi.

cheers.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 1st September 2008 at 20:33.
Old 3rd September 2008, 15:11   #85
Senior - BHPian

last but not the least, the scar in my brand new car caused by an errant bus driver who dint like my sparkling rear view mirror.
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Report - My new Scorpio VLX mHawk - 25,000 kms and counting-03092008654.jpg  

Old 17th September 2008, 22:41   #86
BHPian

While i was taking my Scorpio delivery the sales guy told me to come back after 2000 KMS, for initial check up, Is this required or is this a precautionary major, as i have complete 2000kms, and plan for another weekend trip of 500+ kms. I need a suggestion on this, the only thing that I have noticed till now is the streeing wheel seems to be more on right side rather than in center, I believe there might be some alignment problem, but I tried running the vehicle without touching the steering and it was going arrow straight! suggestion and advise please.

-Pramod
PS: I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but as you have gone through 1st servicing and keeping this updated with recent happening I thought of posting it here.
Old 17th September 2008, 23:39   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I need a suggestion on this, the only thing that I have noticed till now is the streeing wheel seems to be more on right side rather than in center,
thats why its called right hand drive. sorry couldnt resist.
Old 18th September 2008, 09:27   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
thats why its called right hand drive. sorry couldnt resist.
Sorry for the confusion I mean the alignment seem to be wrong the attached is the image of the steering wheel. I need suggestion on do I go for a wheel alignment now, as the vehicle is just 15 days old and done 2000KMS?

-Pramod
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Report - My new Scorpio VLX mHawk - 25,000 kms and counting-12092008007.jpg  

Old 18th September 2008, 10:11   #89
Senior - BHPian

Raj, nice update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
5000 kms, 1st service update:

DIFFERENTIAL OIL (1) 218.66
I would think that this is only for top-up & not oil change, correct (since diff capacity would be higher than 1 litre)? Make sure that the guys are not ripping you off because there's no way they'd require 1 litre for top-up purposes after 5k kms unless your Diff has sprung a leak.

Its not about the cost of the oil but the principle.
Old 18th September 2008, 10:22   #90
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

used to face this problem in my Bolero
they removed the steering and re-aligned it a couple of times
In the new Scorpio the same problem has happened once- sorted out during 1st service. might be because of mis-aligned wheels, use of alloy wheels or rough road driving/ pot hole driving etc.
I would also love to know the answer to this one - would be nice to request Mr Behram Dhabhar to help on this or Anup Mathur if he knows.
cheers

Quote:
I need a suggestion on this, the only thing that I have noticed till now is the streeing wheel seems to be more on right side rather than in center, I believe there might be some alignment problem, but I tried running the vehicle without touching the steering and it was going arrow straight! suggestion and advise please.

-Pramod
PS: I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but as you have gone through 1st servicing and keeping this updated with recent happening I thought of posting it here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks