Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2008, 16:40   #1
BHPian

Chevy Optra Diesel 1800 Kms Report

Few Months back bought an Optra Magnum LT, and I am in love with the car, Actually the car is the reason of all the fights in the house know as everybody wants to be in this car

It all started few months back when I was looking for a luxury diesel sedan with performance for me, As it was my Marriage occasion so the car must be good so that I can cherish my new Innings of life along with the new car. The cars I shortlisted was Laura Ambiente, Optra Diesel and Hyundai Verna (Haven't chose the Octavia bcoz of its cabin space and comfort) I know all of these cars are from different segment but only these are the performance diesels in the market today.

Know to narrowing it down to Optra

Laura was to big for the city driving and even at the price of 14.5 no leather seats and basic luxury features and above all the power was also less compared to Optra.

Verna at 9 Lacs + doesn't showed to me as a sensible choice as even at this price it was missing all the basic frills, though the engine performance is fantastic the car still lacks the luxury feels even on to standards of my Honda city which is 1.5 Lacs cheaper, purely a car for only performance

Know my beloved Optra it was love at first sight. The moment I saw the LT version of the car fallen in love with the luxury of it. The car is big, the cabin is nice you get a goood luxury car feel but the story started the moment I turned the keys down right and the engine started ....so smooth. I putted the first gear and pushed the accelerator the car moved as if the rocket has been launched. The handling, the breaking, the overall feel of the car is supreme, just after the drive of only few Kms, I asked the person from showroom to book one Sparkling diamond LT for me

Know after driving the car for more than 2 months, I feel that the car is excellent on the highways, I drove it mostly on the highways, ran it even at the speed of 190 the car was still very stable (though me and my wife was not, courtesy Indian roads).

The car gives me an overall average between 12-14, depending on how I push, well cannot stop myself for pushing this beast hard

The only problem I faced in the car is that, It has some alignment problems (Goes on the left side) Got it rectified once but the prob popped up once again, other than that it is a fantastic product.

Maybe you experts and Optra owners can help me rectify that

At the end I would zeroed it down, If some is looking for a rocking performance with luxury without robbing your banks

GO FOR OPTRA DIESEL

Mods note: Post edited. It's difficult to read a long post in italic.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd June 2008 at 16:50.
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:12   #2
BHPian

[quote=S_budhiraj;852619]The only problem I faced in the car is that, It has some alignment problems (Goes on the left side) Got it rectified once but the prob popped up once again, other than that it is a fantastic product.

I too had a similar problem in my Magnum,but got it rectified in the first service.The car is excellent and is cheap to maintain.Completed around 21k and i am very happy with my car.
Old 3rd June 2008, 21:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
The cars I shortlisted was Laura Ambiente, Optra Diesel and Hyundai Verna (Haven't chose the Octavia bcoz of its cabin space and comfort) I know all of these cars are from different segment but only these are the performance diesels in the market today.
Now that you have already bought the car but still i would like to mention for the benefit of others that there is another diesel performer between Optra/Octavia and Laura. It is the Sonata Emberra. I see that the hyundai finally got up from sleep and promoting this car and result, been seeing quite a few new ones on the hyderabad roads.
Old 3rd June 2008, 22:32   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Now that you have already bought the car but still i would like to mention for the benefit of others that there is another diesel performer between Optra/Octavia and Laura. It is the Sonata Emberra. I see that the hyundai finally got up from sleep and promoting this car and result, been seeing quite a few new ones on the hyderabad roads.
Sonata Embera is 15L + OTR so how can it be between an Optra and Laura?
Old 3rd June 2008, 22:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sonata Embera is 15L + OTR so how can it be between an Optra and Laura?
laura is around 17L OTR and for the L&K it is around 18L.
(laura starts at 15L OTR for the basic variant.)
Old 4th June 2008, 10:05   #6
BHPian

Couldn't agree with you more S budhiraj.

Picked-up the Magnum in Blazing Red and it's just an awesome car. Have driven it for about 1600Kms in a month and am absolutely loving it. Have upgraded to 205/60 Dunlop Sports tyres, getting a mileage of about 14.5 right now. Am loving it.

Thankfully haven't experienced the allignment issue yet. Hopefully yo will get your car's sorted-out.

Where are you giving your car for service? I gave it to Regent in Okhla and the service was average. Might try the Mathura road service station next.
Old 4th June 2008, 11:55   #7
BHPian

congrats budhiraj for a new car and new innings of life. The car sure is a rocket and one of the best diesel performer on the indian roads.
so already doing speeds of 190?? well got to be more sensible in this new phase of life.
cheers.
Old 4th June 2008, 14:58   #8
BHPian

Thanks a ton Bhpians for all your good wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
laura is around 17L OTR and for the L&K it is around 18L.

The Laura Starts at around 14 OTR in Delhi for the base model

(laura starts at 15L OTR for the basic variant.)

Haven't considered for the Sonata, as it doesn't have the appeal for the amount it carries, Value for money, the resale value and They are sold in very meager no's (Barely see one of them in Delhi since they are launched)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post

Thankfully haven't experienced the allignment issue yet. Hopefully yo will get your car's sorted-out.

Good that you are not facing this problem!

Where are you giving your car for service? I gave it to Regent in Okhla and the service was average. Might try the Mathura road service station next.

Have given to Auto Vikas Najafgarh road!
Old 8th June 2008, 13:01   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post
Couldn't agree with you more S budhiraj.

Picked-up the Magnum in Blazing Red and it's just an awesome car. Have driven it for about 1600Kms in a month and am absolutely loving it. Have upgraded to 205/60 Dunlop Sports tyres, getting a mileage of about 14.5 right now. Am loving it.

is this average of only highway or highway-city combo?
Old 11th June 2008, 11:13   #10
BHPian

I have an Optra LS 1.6 2005 Model. I don't get to drive it that much as i'm mostly travelling, but believe me buddy!!! it is pure luxury..
Old 18th June 2008, 21:54   #11
BHPian

This is a combo of both city and highway

around 12 in city and clocked between 14-15 on highway with ac on
Old 18th June 2008, 21:55   #12
BHPian

Dear warrior the car is impeccable in luxury..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks