Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2008, 21:53   #16
BHPian

That's what I do wonder 17 in city driving with AC on, but it's not always the same that happens once or twice in blue moon.

Normally i get around 13-14 in bad traffic of delhi with ac on
Old 22nd June 2008, 08:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

S budhiraj,

it is normal for an Indica to return fuel consumption of 16 -18 Km with AC. I normally get arounfd that mileage and my car has done 77K Km and is over 4 years old.
Old 22nd June 2008, 08:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

even I get 13-14 mostly. maybe the turbo encourages very rev happy driving i guess
Old 25th June 2008, 15:25   #19
BHPian

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your detailed description. I did get the extended warranty claim approved, and got the winder assembly replaced at Pandit Auto, Pune, today morning. It was completely FOC.

Regards,
Sameer.
Old 25th June 2008, 16:56   #20
BHPian

My TATA Indica DLG gives only arround 17.5 Kms without AC. This is with arround 40 Kms Nice road drive, 10 Kms in normal traffic and 1 Km in horriable road(Can drive only in 1st gear).
It is arround 6.5 Kms on ODO and the 2nd service is not yet done. Now the intervals for 2nd serviceing need to be done at only arround 10K. TATA service mentioned that the warranty will void if i get it serviced before that. Is this right.
I was expecting arround 20Kms without AC.
Old 25th June 2008, 21:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Srinivasmhn, Indica can return 20 kpl with a light foot, correct air ressure,proper gear changing and highway conditions ( keeping the car between 60 70 kph). Banglore would not have those kind of traffic cionditions. 17.5 is a good mileage. No, your warranty will definitely not get voided if you get it serviced before 10 K . Somebody is giving you wrong information.
Old 26th June 2008, 11:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sameer,

> Thanks for your detailed description. I did get the extended warranty claim
> approved, and got the winder assembly replaced at Pandit Auto, Pune, today

Good to be of help. Lucky to have been able to give that info in time.

But for want of checking, I spent on two things which were covered under extended warranty.
Old 25th July 2008, 22:56   #23

I too have an Indica DLG TCIC dec 2006...

Which starts rattles from the first week itself..
On the 3rd week AC stops functioning (replaced then itself)
after one and a half year more than 29k ran (within that 29k almost 3.5k used for test run)
2 times power stearing has changed
1 time rear right suspesion change
all five tubes has been changed for (goodyear)
Dashboard AC panels still broken (for past 6 months ) since that spare is not available
3 times the anti rust treatment done i don t know the reason (since warranty bears it)

People at w/s are not trained to diagnose the problem much.
only predicting if this may caused that like... This is where maruti stands strongly..
also while taking delivary from w/s every time i given new side view mirrors(what does this means ???)
Also i feel i cheated that the digital clock in dashboard was taken from some other car and lots of dust inside it . mine was so clear and look fresh...(other indica owners please be careful in things like this)

of course i got 13 to 15 kmpl in city driving with 99% Ac
IT SERVES PURPOSE FOR ME so far..
Old 26th July 2008, 10:33   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
the rattles , point out specifically what all are there.

seat rattles - cured by putting insulation tape around the metal stub the rear seat latches onto

boot rattles- check if the toolkit/wheels are secured. might be the rear parcel tray. a lot of them disappeared when i junked the plastic one and got an MDF one to fit my speakers. Even the service adviser said that MDF parcel tray is a good idea.

door rattling - for some reason changing the window assembly cured it

point out where the rattles come from - you may have to set apart a dedicated listening session for this , and the service guys should be able to fix it.

These rattles, Those rattles, Up rattles, Down Rattles, Rattles surround sound, Rattles all over? Check if the make is Tata. If yes, then live with it!
Jokes apart, still it is a lovely car. The wonderful highway cruise, the chilling AC, the firm road grip, great suspension, the feel of a strong car, the space inside and, at the end of the trip, look at the fuel bill! (It's like you had a free ride). I can live with those rattles now

Last edited by sridhga : 26th July 2008 at 10:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks