Team-BHP - White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS - Update - Sold after 1 lakh + Kms
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS - Update - Sold after 1 lakh + Kms (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/40906-white-rocket-verna-crdi-base-w-o-abs-update-sold-after-1-lakh-kms.html)

I do not know if it's a wierd name but I thought it sounded cool. Someone actually here mentioned the Verna as a ' Rocket ' in one of the threads here, so I thought why not name it the ' White Rocket ' :D

But trust me, it actually is !!

Well, after months of pondering over the decision of what car to buy, I settled on the Verna Diesel. What with Petrol prices shooting up, I thought it is time to move on ( I am becoming a miser )

The heart was set on the Civic initially and then the Laura, but pocket could afford the Verna only. I opted for the Base Model as I hated the ICE in the top end variant. ABS was not available till at least 3 weeks and I had to pick the car up fast as I sold my Santro off plus the more I delayed, the more tempted I was getting for bigger cars.

The entire discussion on the Verna is here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...-opinions.html

I am sorry for starting this thread late friends !! BUt I have been really busy with my clients from UK, Just got back from Delhi 2 hours back and am busy for the next 4 days. Will have time now only on Sunday.

The car has done 310 kms till today and will do another 500 by the end of this week. Till now the car is AWESOME to drive and I am not exaggerating. It's pick up is mind blowing and after 2k rpm mark, it simply zooms. It's addictive in a way.

I filled up 38 litres of Diesel after picking her up ( I do not know how the dealer gave me 7 litres in the tank !! ). Its nearing the half way mark. I think it is giving me a combined mileage of more than 16 kpl !! ( with 100% AC ). WOW !!! I am speechless.

The AC is super effective.

Here are a few photos I took at the Dealer. Enjoy !!

White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS - Update - Sold after 1 lakh + Kms-dsc02479.jpg

White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS - Update - Sold after 1 lakh + Kms-dsc02480.jpg

White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS - Update - Sold after 1 lakh + Kms-dsc02481.jpg

White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS - Update - Sold after 1 lakh + Kms-dsc02482.jpg

White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS - Update - Sold after 1 lakh + Kms-dsc02483.jpg

White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS - Update - Sold after 1 lakh + Kms-dsc02484.jpg

That's it for now. I have loads of meetings and work tommorrow. Hope to give you a full blown review by the end of this week. More photos will follow.

Congratulations vkochar, vernas are definatly rockets !! I think your first aftermarket fitment should be some nice alloys since the car doesn't have wheels caps

Thanks aZa - I know but I am royally broke right now :D

Yes, I will get it in a month or two. And some really mean ICE.

Nice car and color.Pls get rid of that steering cover and get a beige one.Getssome nice wheels and the car will be a looker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veelubai (Post 861887)
Nice car and color.Pls get rid of that steering cover and get a beige one.

Thanks, I know it is quite sad looking !! Was a freebie from the Dealer, so I thought why throw it, I am going to get a Leather Hand Stitched cover on the steering. I am in the Leather Business after all :D Also possibly Leather Suede seats.

Congratulations!

Excellent choice of car and the color as well. White looks really sporty... I almost went in for the same color, however decided against it as its difficult to maintain.

In my opinion I really feel you should have waited for the ABS version. A few more weeks would have given you a little bit more peace of mind. I too have sold off my Santro in anticipation of my new car... which is now just getting delayed... so I understand the situation you were in.

Enjoy the new car and do let us know how she is doing...

Cheers!

congrats bro nice colour.

Excellent Choice Buddy! Welcome to the Verna Gang/Clan!!!

Err! Should have asked before, Have you upgraded the rubber bro? the Tyres are the next loudest thing on the car; Definitely need to go for a different set!
cheers:

Congrats vkochar cheers:,verna is one hell of a car to drive.But then how would you 'survive' so many Kms without ICE?lol:

Haha White rocket !!!;)

Congratulations Varun !

Looks fantastic in white, enjoy the ride!!!!!

Congrates vKocher, White surely looks hot on Verna. Nice name other wise..... White rocket, usually white is associated with elephant i.e. white elephant :)

Congrats vkochar, enjoy the ride.

Congrats vkochar, on your new ride and yes, i can uderstand your sitaution about being too broke to think about ICE now but i think the priority in this case should be for the tyres over the ICE simpy because of the absence of ABS you would need every bit of stopping power that you can get .

Your choice of car is sterling and wish you a very long and satisfactory "relationship" with your white rocket !

Congrats on your car vkochar. As you know, I too am looking for a diesel car in another 2-3 months and I will be watching your review with interest. Please keep us updated.