Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2009, 22:11   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Avoid the Accent Abhik, high-mileage cars usually have engine trouble after 80k kms and they usually require a full rebuild. Even Hyundai people now accept this.
Actually the Accent is just an option as the ones i have shortlisted have run under 30K '06 models....but i am really trying hard for the Getz.

Have you taken delivery of yours? I just hope the booking amount does not get forfeited after a certain period.
Old 31st January 2009, 10:29   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Actually the Accent is just an option as the ones i have shortlisted have run under 30K '06 models....but i am really trying hard for the Getz.
Are you picking up Accent CRDi ? If yes, do lookout for less mileage models i.e. < 30-35K if possible.

OT: Why not consider a Used or New Swift diesel if you are not keen for a 3-box car and have budget ?
Old 31st January 2009, 16:09   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Are you picking up Accent CRDi ? If yes, do lookout for less mileage models i.e. < 30-35K if possible.

OT: Why not consider a Used or New Swift diesel if you are not keen for a 3-box car and have budget ?
Thats what i was looking for but a used Swift DDiS never crossed my mind. Right now for another 2 weeks i am going to try hard for the Getz and then if it does'nt work out i'll start looking for other options.
Old 2nd February 2009, 09:59   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Thats what i was looking for but a used Swift DDiS never crossed my mind. Right now for another 2 weeks i am going to try hard for the Getz and then if it does'nt work out i'll start looking for other options.
Used Getz will be really hard to find specially where-in very few know Getz CRDi is available to be more precise only few people know
Old 2nd February 2009, 10:29   #305
Team-BHP Support

There's a Getz CRDi I saw for sale in classifieds with only 12K kms. Only thing it's in bangalore but I'm sure that's not a problem to drive down from bangy to Delhi.
Old 2nd February 2009, 10:33   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
There's a Getz CRDi I saw for sale in classifieds with only 12K kms. Only thing it's in bangalore but I'm sure that's not a problem to drive down from bangy to Delhi.
I really doubt anybody outside Bangalore will be will be willing to buy that car, considering the highest road tax we pay in Karnataka.
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:21   #307
Senior - BHPian

Vid - For the price of that Getz, you can buy a brand new one here. Registered, on-road.
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:53   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Used Getz will be really hard to find specially where-in very few know Getz CRDi is available to be more precise only few people know
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
What i meant was i will try for a BRAND NEW Getz CRDi for 2 weks in the sense that ill have to work out bank finance because they require a lot of doccumentation and i am having a hard time arranging them.
If it does'nt work out then i will look for an alternative vehicle.

As Ishaan mentioned, there is no point getting a used Getz as i am looking at monthy EMIs which will work out to more or less to the cost of a new car, as the rate of interest is higher on a second hand car.
Old 4th February 2009, 23:50   #309
Senior - BHPian

Another Getz CRDi with a wicked mod.
kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-dsc_0004.jpg

kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-dsc_0003.jpg

kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-dsc_0055.jpg
Old 5th February 2009, 00:10   #310
rippergeo

I think you should get rid of the pete's sticker. Though in some ways having that sticker is good, because it seems to discourage people from trying to race with you.

Old 12th February 2009, 17:57   #311
Senior - BHPian

18000kms update !

Recently, did a 1800kms trip to Jaisalmer and back. Driving all night and munching miles was just too easy in this car. The car performed flawlessly and sustained its venom all through the trip.
Petes really showed the difference it makes in terms of acceleration. The last 315kms to Jaisalmer were easily belted in flat 3hours. Although i have never bothered much about FE in this car but for the record it returned 16 + kmpl for all three tankfulls.

kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-dsc_0017.jpg

kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-dsc_0021.jpg

kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-dsc_0024.jpg

kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-dsc_0025.jpg

kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-dsc_0121.jpg
Old 12th February 2009, 18:08   #312
BHPian

Quote:
The last 315kms to Jaisalmer were easily belted in flat 3hours. Although i have never bothered much about FE in this car but for the record it returned 16 + kmpl for all three tankfulls.
Thats quite an achievement
Secondly would like to know since you have done about 18K now as to how is the tire wear and tear i.e how much life do you still see in them and have you ever rotated them so far ?
Old 12th February 2009, 18:20   #313
BHPian

in the 3rd pic, she is looking like a beast waiting to tear into her prey. the "dont mess with me" look!
all she needs now is alloys and broader rubber. she is sexy kp bhai!!
Old 12th February 2009, 19:05   #314
Senior - BHPian

Thats some amazing figures and pictures KP.

P.S Whats with the 1.1 and the pete's together
A First Class Sleeper look!
Old 13th February 2009, 08:49   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonov View Post
Thats quite an achievement
Secondly would like to know since you have done about 18K now as to how is the tire wear and tear i.e how much life do you still see in them and have you ever rotated them so far ?
At the moment 60% tread is left in all four tires. Expecting 35k kms from this set.
The tires should be rotated after every 5000kms. In my case the tires were rotated twice withing 10k kms and 3rd rotation was done yesterday at 18k kms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
in the 3rd pic, she is looking like a beast waiting to tear into her prey. the "dont mess with me" look!
all she needs now is alloys and broader rubber. she is sexy kp bhai!!
Thanks !
Better tires would come soon. Regarding the alloys, i simply love the sleeper look and these wheel caps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Thats some amazing figures and pictures KP.

P.S Whats with the 1.1 and the pete's together
A First Class Sleeper look!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks