Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2009, 10:17   #316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I think you should get rid of the pete's sticker. Though in some ways having that sticker is good, because it seems to discourage people from trying to race with you.
I doubt the regular joe on the road would know what that sticker means. He will probably think that kp's name is Kevin Pietersen.

Prajesh, that is some amazing mileage in such a short time.
Old 14th February 2009, 21:40   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I doubt the regular joe on the road would know what that sticker means. He will probably think that kp's name is Kevin Pietersen.
Exactly my thoughts but i guess rippergeo has a different opinion as he's from the Petes city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Prajesh, that is some amazing mileage in such a short time.
Now its crossed 18600kms in total and 5500kms after getting Petes.
My poor Baleno has only done 13500kms in 3 years. Diesel and torque corrupts people.
Old 16th February 2009, 11:38   #318
BHPian

Hi there guys, booked a getz crdi. i am a newbie to the whole crdi thing, so wanted to know about the vehicle and thanks to you guys and all your posts i was able to zero in on the getz.

anyway all said and done, a question to kpzen. first of al congrats on peteifyin your getz, since u had a zen befor the getz i wanted to ask hows the experience when you move onto the new pocket rocket as a small intro -> i am an owner of a zen vxi 2000 model and i am a total car freak and love my car to no ends, i got my zen completely moded, but am now optin for a new getz.

Is that a good idea? i live in bangalore, the place known for its snail pace traffic and some really small and bad roads, so kp tell me whats your say about this.

Cheers.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members. Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th February 2009 at 12:58. Reason: SMS and ....
Old 16th February 2009, 22:01   #319
Senior - BHPian

Shyam !

Getz is entirely a differently ball game. Moving from Zen to Getz will definitely make u miss the Zen for its precise handling and fantastic driving position.
Getz is an insane wild animal u will have a lot of fun but u need to be that extra careful bcos u won't know the speeds u are doing unless u see the speedo. It will definitely take u by surprise many a times.

First thing i would recommend is to change the tires. Those crappy goodyears can't hold that much power. Running with stock wheels is very risky. Get better tires, Michelin or Yokohama.

How much do u drive in a day? If u are gonna be driving in bumper to bumper traffic the whole day then i'm afraid u won't have fun with this car and might get annoying with that monstrous torque.

Anyways good luck. Drive safe

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

e.g. Please type 'You' instead of 'u', 'going to' instead of 'gonna' etc

Thanks

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th February 2009 at 14:51. Reason: see note in post
Old 16th February 2009, 22:41   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

KP,

Which stage is that box on?
Old 16th February 2009, 23:19   #321
Senior - BHPian

Mahesh

Its in the stock stage. Haven't explored the so called +1 and +2 settings yet.
Old 17th February 2009, 00:14   #322
BHPian

Been planning to buy a diesel car for some time now and my mind is fixed in the Getz crdi , i just wanted to know a few things , how is the handling of this car compared to ddis and the Fabia and also the maintenance ?
Old 17th February 2009, 10:53   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Shyam !

First thing i would recommend is to change the tires. Those crappy goodyears can't hold that much power. Running with stock wheels is very risky. Get better tires, Michelin or Yokohama.

How much do u drive in a day? If u are gonna be driving in bumper to bumper traffic the whole day then i'm afraid u won't have fun with this car and might get annoying with that monstrous torque.

Anyways good luck. Drive safe
What size of tires do you recommend. I thought 15' rims along with michelin pp2 would be a good idea. But then I have seen a few on the roads with 15' rims and 205 tire width -> I dont like tires popping outta the car. please give me a good configuration that i can install. I have put 13' rims on my zen with the potenza GIII and the tyres were well aligned to the body.

Coming to your 2nd question, I am a bit of a crazy fellow. I work in a software company located in dairy circle and I live at hebbal. I do 80km a day coz i take only the ring road. yeah i no to be taking such a long route but then I do it for the pure fun of it. I mean u can not really stretch your legs in the city so i take the ring road. Bumper to Bumper happens once in a while so i don mind. And for the records I am as crazy a driver as any of you. I have taken my zen to its limits(clocked 158km/h on NICE road) and have taken corners at 120km/h) do you think I can enjoy the same way on the getz. Awaiting your replies all of you.

Cheers.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th February 2009 at 11:05. Reason: smilie usage and sms english
Old 17th February 2009, 13:11   #324
BHPian

Also guys lets speak about mods here too if thats ok. I dont no if this is going to make this off topic so am sticking to the getz crdi. What are the possible performance mods other than pete's box. For example I had relaced the header in my zen mpfi and had replaced the dampers(stock to KONI). What can be modded in the getz crdi?

Cheers
Old 17th February 2009, 14:34   #325
Senior - BHPian

It is generally not advised to change the exhaust systems of modern CRDi engines as they are extremely well tuned already.

People who run Pete's add a performance air filter or a CAI when going on the higher stages.

You'll need better rubber to control all that power too.
Old 17th February 2009, 17:46   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
It is generally not advised to change the exhaust systems of modern CRDi engines as they are extremely well tuned already.

People who run Pete's add a performance air filter or a CAI when going on the higher stages.

You'll need better rubber to control all that power too.
What kind of CAI do you guys recommend. Is CAI possible on the getz crdi?
Old 17th February 2009, 22:21   #327
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
What kind of CAI do you guys recommend. Is CAI possible on the getz crdi?
Not possible, unless you cut a hole in the bonnet for a hood scoop. Then you'll look like a ricer

Old 18th February 2009, 10:37   #328
BHPian

Indeed anyway what about the dampers and the intakes and all that?

Hey KP what is the fuel that you use. Is it the premium or the normal diesal?

@KP - may i know your travel route? I want to try those three figures as well

Cheers

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th February 2009 at 17:31. Reason: Removed extra smilie. Back to back pots, stop spamming with one liners! Thanks
Old 18th February 2009, 14:24   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
Been planning to buy a diesel car for some time now and my mind is fixed in the Getz crdi , i just wanted to know a few things , how is the handling of this car compared to ddis and the Fabia and also the maintenance ?
Swift is undoubtedly the king in terms of handling but Getz is good if u upgrade the stock wheels. Straight line braking is just fantastic but around the curves u need to be aware of the heavy front end with so much power and no ABS.
Quote:
Also guys lets speak about mods here too if thats ok. I dont no if this is going to make this off topic so am sticking to the getz crdi. What are the possible performance mods other than pete's box. For example I had relaced the header in my zen mpfi and had replaced the dampers(stock to KONI). What can be modded in the getz crdi?

Cheers
Slow down!
Start with the wheels then think about brakes and Petes in that order.
U will suddenly start feeling 158kph was too slow. For this car 160 + speeds are just a piece of cake if u have good roads.
Quote:
What size of tires do you recommend. I thought 15' rims along with michelin pp2 would be a good idea. But then I have seen a few on the roads with 15' rims and 205 tire width -> I dont like tires popping outta the car. please give me a good configuration that i can install. I have put 13' rims on my zen with the potenza GIII and the tyres were well aligned to the body.
195/55-15 S drives or 195/60-14 Michelin PPs or Turanza ER60

Quote:
Indeed anyway what about the dampers and the intakes and all that?

Hey KP what is the fuel that you use. Is it the premium or the normal diesal?

@KP - may i know your travel route? I want to try those three figures as well

Cheers
I drive the Getz here up north around Delhi. Santro does the job in namma land.
Don't go by my location.

Last edited by kpzen : 18th February 2009 at 14:29.
Old 18th February 2009, 14:44   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I drive the Getz here up north around Delhi. Santro does the job in namma land.
Don't go by my location.
Oh that was quiet the confuser . Anyway between bridgestone turanza BS ER60 and michelin S drive which one is the better choice. No potenza available for the 15' ?

And what about brakes can they be moded too? I heard getz does not have enough space to install the EBD even though the european hyundai website says ABS is available on the crdi version of the getz.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks