Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2009, 15:03   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
U will suddenly start feeling 158kph was too slow. For this car 160 + speeds are just a piece of cake if u have good roads.
I completely agree with kp. I did many a times 160+ on airport road and Pune-bangalore highway.
KP, undead has ordered EBC ultimax pads for his car. I am ordering once i get a feedback from him. Are you planning to upgrade brakes? as i always think how are you managing to stop the car which has over 130BHP?
Old 18th February 2009, 15:27   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I completely agree with kp. I did many a times 160+ on airport road and Pune-bangalore highway.
KP, undead has ordered EBC ultimax pads for his car. I am ordering once i get a feedback from him. Are you planning to upgrade brakes? as i always think how are you managing to stop the car which has over 130BHP?
What is EBC ultimax pads? Can the brakes be upgraded? I know i am asking a lot of questions but i know you guys will be willing to speak about it

Cheers
Old 18th February 2009, 17:26   #333
Senior - BHPian

These are brake pads manufactured by EBC company. visit EBC Brakes - Brakes for Cars, Motorcycles, Trucks and SUV
Yes the brakes can be upgraded. I am planning to upgrade brake pads and then go for petes box+green cotton air filter.

You can ask any number of question. As team-bhpians we will be happy to help you
Old 18th February 2009, 17:42   #334
BHPian

By saying upgrading brakes do you mean upgrading just the brake pads or is anything else possible. I really do think if the break and dampers are upgraded the cars stability and safety would be way better.

Cheers
Old 18th February 2009, 18:41   #335
Senior - BHPian

Initially we are planning to upgrade the brake pads and see the result. The dealer has assured undead that the improvement after upgrading to EBC ultimax brake pads will be in range of 30%.
I think we can also change the disc rotor but i think that will be risky.
Old 18th February 2009, 20:19   #336
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Initially we are planning to upgrade the brake pads and see the result. The dealer has assured undead that the improvement after upgrading to EBC ultimax brake pads will be in range of 30%.
I think we can also change the disc rotor but i think that will be risky.
The tyres first.
The EBC green brake pads are a good 2nd step.
Tarox rotors are being designed for the Getz I think. when those come out, all you power mad CRDI freaks will be satisfied(I'm running these with stock brake pads on the Pete'd swift)
Final step will be a suspension upgrade, dont know if anyone is offering that. I suppose if a few of you(10 or 12 getz crdis) get together and pester Koni- they might come out with something.

I have not followed the above advice I have dished out, because of economical constraints, so I jumped straight to step 3 when I saw a good deal for the Swift's Rotors, but no regrets, I really enjoy slamming the brakes now.

Old 18th February 2009, 20:27   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
The tyres first.
True, that's the correct way to go.

Quote:
Tarox rotors are being designed for the Getz I think. when those come out, all you power mad CRDI freaks will be satisfied(I'm running these with stock brake pads on the Pete'd swift)
Nope, already available. See the attachment.

cat.pdf

Quote:
Final step will be a suspension upgrade, dont know if anyone is offering that. I suppose if a few of you(10 or 12 getz crdis) get together and pester Koni- they might come out with something.
I believe there are options available already, I intend to test one in the future.
Old 18th February 2009, 20:58   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The tyres first.
Tarox rotors are being designed for the Getz I think.
My getz is running on 205/50-15 Maxxis MA-Z1 tires. So i am looking for upgrading brakes. EBC brake pads are available for getz. I never heard about Tarox for Getz. If available, can you tell me where can i buy?
Old 18th February 2009, 22:42   #339
rippergeo

According to the catalogue from ishan- the tarox rotors are already available.
Here's the website
TAROX - brake kits
Dealers here in india, are Pete's performance, but last I checked, they didnt have rotors for the getz. see if you can source them from abroad. or pester Peter.

Old 18th February 2009, 23:04   #340
Senior - BHPian

If i'm not wrong, the dimension of Getz CRDi rotors sold outside India is different. Hence, it won't fit in our CRDi.
Old 19th February 2009, 03:07   #341
Senior - BHPian

KP - What are the stock dimensions of the CRDi rotors in India, can you check? I'm too lazy to take off the wheel on my car & check and my bad back is a factor too!

P.S. There are two sets of rotors available in Tarox for the Getz, are you sure both won't fit?
Old 19th February 2009, 07:37   #342
BHPian

Well what can i say tbhp always has the answers. Hope the Tarox are available for the crdi . Searched the koni site did not find anything. Need to ask the guy who fitted out the koni for my zen. He is a koni trained professional if i am right. Will ask and confirm to you guys today. Are conical air filters available for the getz crdi?

Cheers.
Old 19th February 2009, 14:19   #343
Senior - BHPian

Well , I have ordered the EBC Ultimax Brake Pads for my Getz . Paid a part amount to the parts shop in Coimbatore . Will get them around 10-15 days. Costs Rs.4500 .
EBC Green Pads costs Rs.9300 .
Old 19th February 2009, 14:55   #344
Senior - BHPian

CONFIRMED :Tarox is not available for Getz CRDi(Indian version) and won't be available anytime soon either.
Old 19th February 2009, 16:27   #345
BHPian

Guys, what can just the brake pads do for you. I mean what difference do they make?

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks