Team-BHP - kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! - 1,11,111 kms
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! - 1,11,111 kms (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/41709-kpzen-kpgetz-two-getz-crdis-join-family-1-11-111-kms.html)

Well like the title says, two Getz CRDis have joined the family..Yes TWO of them, Hard to believe?? But to be honest even i felt like i was dreaming while booking it....
One will serve my cousin and the other one is exclusively for me..

Since its launch i have been quite lucky to drive that car many times inspite of no TD vehicle available all across India...Thanks to some good contacts in Hyundai...Loved driving the rocket hatch everytime but never drove it with an intention of buying it..Frankly i have been a Hyundai diesel lover...

Now some background, come 2008 our Baleno was out of production and spares were too pricey so some doubts started creeping in regarding the 2 year old Baleno, should we sell it or keep it?? Butttt thanks to valuable advises from ajmat and others I decide to keep it and forget about selling it....Four months later, our 8.5 year old zen was ageing gracefully..One day while washing i'm stunned to notice that rust has made a hole in the engine support frame (chassis part)..I'm told that to rectify the issue it will cost me around 6k and engine will have to be removed in the process...My Dad's instant reaction" No ways i'm getting the engine removed, so let's think about selling it"...It was hard for me to accept it but i think it was a good practical move from dad...Within days we got a good deal of 1.4 lacs and we sold it...

Same time my cousin was in the market for a diesel hatch, replacement for his 98k kms done Indica V2.. So i also joined in for the search of a perfect hatch for us...Options were DDis, CRDi and MJD...MJD was ruled out even before a test drive thanks to the attitude of Fiat salesman....

Swift had us both in double mind for a long time but Dad was hell bent on not buying the Swift bcos of its shape and interior space which made things easier for me...
My cousin loved the engine and interiors of Getz and so it was final and we both booked the cars within a few days gap.....
Both cars were ready for delivery within 5 days but i couldn't take delivery of my car as i was travelling...

My deal (Approx, don't have the exact figures right now)
Ex showroom - 5.64lacs
Insurance - 16.5k
Reg & Road tax - 7.2k
Logistic- 6.3k
NCB discount from my 8year old zen - 11k
Special discount to round off the deal - 3k;)
On road - 5.8lacs...

Short review:

1. Excellent interiors & build quality. Compared to the Swift this is in a completely different league altogether. Everything feels well built & the plastics seem to be of high-quality. Though the interiors are gonna be tough to maintain....Dash is two tone so no reflection problem...

2. Engine: Aaaaaaahhhh 110bhp 240Nm do i need to say more.:D

3. Excellent AC, direct transplant from Verna..

4. NVH and refinement is quite good.

5. Fantastic ride quality.

6. Nice steering wheel unlike the older Getz..Glove box has light too...

7. Nice view of the road..Different ball game after driving the Baleno and Zen..

Negatives:
1. 175/65-14 Goodyear GPS2 tube type tires with 5j rims whereas in the manual it says it has 5.5j rims.....

2. Brakes are good but not great (on stock tires).

3. Headlamps are pathetic..Need to upgrade the bulbs soon.

4. No freebies :(( not even a perfume...

More negatives and positives as time progresses...Right now the odos are at 100kms and 1100kms..
kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-img_0202.jpg

kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! -  1,11,111 kms-img_0203.jpg

Hey KP....Congrats on your new ride. Keep posting. We'll watch out!!!:)
And what about ICE, maybe petes......?

Beauty KP. Now the more important question. When are the mods starting?? :D

Congrats Kp - Guess yours is the silver one. Any plan of Petefying it ???:D

Petes. lol Lemme first learn to play around with the CRDi..Have driven the CRDis a lot but still owning one is a different thing..
Short of Vitamin M so the ICE will have to wait..

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 884121)
Logistic- 6.3k

Whats the Logistic part of the price/deal?

Oye ze KP from freedabaad!!
Congrats on the buy! and cheers to the new miles ahead!

Congrats on the purchase.

So which one is yours, the silver or the real earth? One of them has alloys and upsized rubber. Details please along with alloy pics? Also post some interior pics of the beige dash please.

hey congrats on your buy,what is your getz doing at a maruti authorised service station,also what is approx waiting time,which dealer??

Hey Kpgetz/Kpzen,

Congrats. getz indeed is a hatchback rocket. what's the ICE setup going to be and will you be renaming your screen id to kpgetz or will you retain kpzen in memory of your zen.

Regards,
Sajan

Congratulations KP! What plans for the Getz apart from the very obvious Pete's box :)

Congrats kpgetzes. What was the waiting period? And how does she feel compared to the other diesel hatches you've driven?

Congrats KPZEN on you new car and yes as lots of guys have told you before , do seriously consider the Petes box it makes a hell lot of difference....

Wish you a long lasting satisfying and safe relationship with your GETZ !

Thanks guys

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpandiv (Post 884148)
Whats the Logistic part of the price/deal?

I think that includes the transportation charges, number plates and driver(if required)
Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 884156)

So which one is yours, the silver or the real earth? One of them has alloys and upsized rubber. Details please along with alloy pics? Also post some interior pics of the beige dash please.

Mine is silver..None of them have alloys...
Real earth is running on 195/60-14 Yokohama A drives...
Quote:

Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb (Post 884159)
hey congrats on your buy,what is your getz doing at a maruti authorised service station,also what is approx waiting time,which dealer??

standard waiting period is 14days at any HMP all over..
Quote:

Originally Posted by sajands (Post 884163)
Hey Kpgetz/Kpzen,

Congrats. getz indeed is a hatchback rocket. what's the ICE setup going to be and will you be renaming your screen id to kpgetz or will you retain kpzen in memory of your zen.

Regards,
Sajan

Naaah i'm not much into ICE...So its gonna be simple four speakers on the doors and a HU.....Long way to go though........Vitamin M shortage:eek:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 884166)
Congratulations KP! What plans for the Getz apart from the very obvious Pete's box :)

No petes as of now. I need to first get used to the stock power.....Will get the tires soon..

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 884181)
Congrats kpgetzes. What was the waiting period? And how does she feel compared to the other diesel hatches you've driven?

As i said, 14 days is the standard waiting period at all HMPs...Mine was ready for delivery in 5days....;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hellstar (Post 884182)
Congrats KPZEN on you new car and yes as lots of guys have told you before , do seriously consider the Petes box it makes a hell lot of difference....

Wish you a long lasting satisfying and safe relationship with your GETZ !

Thanks.!!