Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2008, 18:09   #1
BHPian

Fiat Adventure Sport - 2 years 27,000kms ownership report

Hi! All,

I am back again to write about the beast! I mean Fiat Adventure Sport. Its been just about 2 years and I have done a notch above 27,000kms in my car. Here goes the detailed report.

1. The tyres are still OK. They can do about another 5000-7000 kms. I have been doing wheel alignment and balancing every 10,000kms, next one is due in another 3,000kms
2. The Airconditioning is not serviced so far. But its doing very good.
3. The suspension, which is much talked about in any FIAT, is doing just the way it did on day 1 of my purchase. That's amazing!
4. The ride of the car remains great as ever
5. In a straight road, without any music, when I drive with a/c on, I am not able to hear a single noise inside the car apart from the engine noise, which sweet like a song! This says, how well the car is built and maintained.
6. The power steering, fog lamps, head lamps, cabin light, gear shift, clutch, braking etc. remain perfect, as I haven;t got anything done for them in last 2 years.
7. Mileage has remained more than 9kmpl touching a peak of 10kmpl in Mumbai city driving with 100% a/c on.

Incidences

1. The overhead antenna was broken by someone, got it replaced over the counter (Approx. INR 110/-)
2. The rear left tail light broke while reversing, got it replaced next day, without any waiting period (Approx. INR 1500/-)
3. The fuel gauge was malfunctioning, got it replaced under extended warranty the next day without any waiting period. (Cost INR 5500/- claiming against extended warranty)
4. Rear wiper rubber had worn out, got the rear wiper replaced the next day, without any waiting period (Cost INR approx. 400/-)

Servicing

I have servicing this car at Wasan intially and then at Shaman Bhandup (next door to my residence). I am very happy with the service and especially the service advisor Sharad! I have had not problems with the servicing whatsoever!

Overall, I would rate my experience of owning this car at 9 out 10! You would wonder why 1 mark less and that is because of the interior of the car, which I didn;t like from day1.

I wish I can keep this car as long as possible! But my eyes are on Linea TJet 150BHP pertrol which I hope will launch sometimes end this year or early next year. In that case, I will have to part of with my Formula Red beast.

Enjoy!
Old 24th July 2008, 18:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wow, you seem to have been very lucky with the A.S.S , not many fiat owners are . Good luck
Old 24th July 2008, 18:23   #3
Team-BHP Support

Good review. But incomplete. We want pics

How much was the car when you bought it? Also, has it mostly been driven in the city or the highways ?
Old 24th July 2008, 18:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

Good going Omar! Keep enjoying the Red beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Wow, you seem to have been very lucky with the A.S.S , not many fiat owners are .
You got it wrong! Actually, majority of Fiat owners, are very happy with A.S.S!
The irony is : more often it is non-Fiat owners who crib about Fiat A.S.S!

Last edited by finneyp : 24th July 2008 at 18:34.
Old 25th July 2008, 22:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

Aah! one more satisfied Fiat owner. Good to read. But IMO, the spare parts are still costly...
Old 25th July 2008, 22:52   #6
BHPian

non Fiat owners write more about FIAT A-S-S than the owners who have experienced it!

Hi! I guess, on an average, the majority of the FIAT owners will be OK with the A-S-S which they have been getting for last 1 year at least! Its surprising to see the non-Fiat owners cribbing about the service without even experiencing it! Also, no one ever reports the problems faced per vehicle in cars which are not close to the quality of that of majority of Fiat cars! Tata cars rated lowest in the recent JD power survey in this category! Agreed, the cars must be getting attended to quickly but how many times in a quarter/year is the question. Well, let's not digress from the topic. The fact is that, the service is better than before and I have been very happy about it!
Old 25th July 2008, 22:54   #7
BHPian

I bought it for 5,90,000 on road in July 2006! Don;t have latest pics, will post soon. 80% of the 27,000 kms driven is in Mumbai city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Good review. But incomplete. We want pics

How much was the car when you bought it? Also, has it mostly been driven in the city or the highways ?
Old 26th July 2008, 06:24   #8
BHPian

Nice report there Omar, and good to know that your ownership experience has been hassel free, the Fiat Adventure is a very good car.
Old 26th July 2008, 06:46   #9
Senior - BHPian

Good stuff boss. Hope you share the same good news on PUG too!
Old 1st August 2008, 12:34   #10
BHPian

@ Omar, the 'beast' is an appropriate term for the Adventure. What a super vehicle!! I have a thunder black version that I absolutely treasure since January 2007. It has done close to 19000 kms in the meanwhile, including some very tough and demanding runs all over Himachal, including Spiti and Kinnaur.

This is truly an amazing vehicle...I also participate in rallies, and thus very often driven the Adventure with a rather heavy foot. The runs I have done on this would have destroyed the suspension on a regular car, but there hasn't been the need to tighten even a suspension nut on the Adventure..very, very impressive suspension.

The ride quality is exceptional, even while driving on some of the roughest roads in India..from Kaza to Manali, across the might Kunzum Pass (15,500 feet) and the smaller Rohtang Pass (13,000 feet).

This Fiat Adventure has also had many off-road adventures without a single complaint. The ground clearance is a boon and added with the torque and the sheer grunt of the 100 bhp engine, it can tackle most tricky off-road situations with ease. A car that I can only..

Here is a pic of the Adventure on the road from Kaza to Manali
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Adventure Sport - 2 years 27,000kms ownership report-copy-dsc01221.jpg  

Last edited by Manoj Biswas : 1st August 2008 at 12:41.
Old 1st August 2008, 13:42   #11
Team-BHP Support

Manoj biswas how about a review of your vehicle, and also some nice travelogues. That way we would get a nice review and travelogue without hijacking Omar's thread
Old 1st August 2008, 17:03   #12
BHPian

Oops...sorry, had no intention of hijacking any thread. Have posted a new thread on it.
Old 1st August 2008, 18:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

It look like you have got a very good A.S & S. You are lucky.

What is the Fuel effeciency on Highways ?
Old 8th August 2008, 17:24   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
Hi! All,

Incidences

1. The overhead antenna was broken by someone, got it replaced over the counter (Approx. INR 110/-)
2. The rear left tail light broke while reversing, got it replaced next day, without any waiting period (Approx. INR 1500/-)
3. The fuel gauge was malfunctioning, got it replaced under extended warranty the next day without any waiting period. (Cost INR 5500/- claiming against extended warranty)
4. Rear wiper rubber had worn out, got the rear wiper replaced the next day, without any waiting period (Cost INR approx. 400/-)
Hi Omar,
Nice to see you back on team-bhp.
Once more a very detalied overview from heart from a guy who loves his car.
I wish you keep on enjoying your beast.

Just few questions for you,
  1. How did you find out that your fuel gauge was faulty.
  2. Does wiper blades comes under warranty, and which brand you got installed?
  3. My Halogen lamps installed on Bull guard have a hazy sort of glass, I mean its not transparent and the bulbs inside are not visible clearly. So is this common with all adventures?
Old 8th August 2008, 17:41   #15
BHPian

nice pics!!
can a bull guard be fitted on a petra?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks