Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2008, 15:09   #46
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer,

Congratulations on receiving your new Safari. The color looks very good against the backdrop of the green 'khet' of punjab or wherever it was shot

I have a Nov'07 Safari 2.2 with around 14900kms on the clock, heading into the 2nd service.

Overall my experience has been good, with a few minor niggles. Agreed, the car has quality issues. the saving grace is that Tata seems to be very responsive. Get hold of their Delhi/ Northern region office numbers and email ids. Any grouse you have, give them an earful, and they are very prompt to respond.

The dealer calls after a service, followed by a call from their Pune call center, and if you say you are not happy, rest assured, they will pull up the dealer. I'm not sure if this happens only with Concorde, a Tata company or all dealers though.

Since you also have an Indica, I'm assuming you have a regular goto dealer who will also service the Safari. This should help you overcome these initial niggles!

Happy motoring!

cheers
Srini
Old 28th July 2008, 15:16   #47
Senior - BHPian

This is what I was charged for oil change.

Quote:
Part no: 254718130115 Assembly Oil Filter: 161.78Rs
Part No: OILEMS1000 Diesel Oil CH4 15W 40 EXXON MOBIL SUPER 1000TM, 7.7L: 1270Rs
Part No: BG105 BG Quick Clean Engine Flush , 674Rs (.325L)
Old 28th July 2008, 15:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

This is hissing is normal dont worry, dont get too worked up on this

Rest all clutch/ brake/ gear shift adjustments can be done at first service but IMO cross 5k and you will feel the difference in all of them, on the smoother side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
In my case hissing is near full lock too, not just "at full lock". It starts slightly before full lock. Somebody suggested bleeding the power steering of air bubbles by opening the cap, putting her on a ramp and then turning wheels lock to lock a few times.
I think I need to get clutch adjusted too. It seems a little too hard.
Ditto for the brakes.
Old 28th July 2008, 15:38   #49
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer, did I not tell you that let the experienced handle the new bride? Sigh.. but you would not listen...

Quote:
D-1 day 11:30am:
Q.Can I please have the status update for my Loan.
A. Please give us a call by 4:30pm. It will definitely be done by then. You can go ahead and take delivery tomorrow
I don't know about the newer versions, but mine has this noise when the steering is turned lock-to-lock.

Quote:
Another thing I am noticing is that when you turn the steering wheel such that its near the limit(its still not completely at the limit, just very near) there is some noise of power steering pump or something?
Is it normal?

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th July 2008 at 17:26. Reason: Please Use multiquote & avoid back to back posting if posting within 20 minutes
Old 28th July 2008, 17:11   #50
Team-BHP Support

I guess these things will get checked out at the first service.
Another small question. I pressed the mode knob on instrument cluster to go the ambient temp setting, it reverts back to whatever tripmeter A setting after a few seconds.
The owners manual say that only intensity level setting will revert to Tripmeter A after a few seconds, and does not talk about temp or clock mode returning to Trip A setting.
Old 28th July 2008, 17:34   #51
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Tanveer, so finally the much awaited arrival! Have fun & let me know when the Ladakh trip is being planned

Quote:
However I have seen that with LSD, you don't need 4x4 at many places.
Doesn't the LSD come into play only in the 4x4 mode?

Quote:
In my case hissing is near full lock too, not just "at full lock". It starts slightly before full lock. Somebody suggested bleeding the power steering of air bubbles by opening the cap, putting her on a ramp and then turning wheels lock to lock a few times.
Save your breath to cool your porridge, that hissing sound is normal when you are approaching full lock, no sweat
Old 28th July 2008, 17:37   #52
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the reassurance Suman. Ladakh may happen next year.
This year is time of tame stuff
Also, do let me know whether the Gurgaon service center accepts Safari's for first service at short notice. Need to take care of a couple of rattles and squeeks.
Old 28th July 2008, 17:43   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, do let me know whether the Gurgaon service center accepts Safari's for first service at short notice. Need to take care of a couple of rattles and squeeks.
You should call up & book a couple of days in advance; shouldn't be a problem. Let me know when you book.
Old 28th July 2008, 17:51   #54
Team-BHP Support

which service center is it? Can you PM me the details. I am waiting for my service book. As soon as it comes, I'll get her serviced
Old 28th July 2008, 17:52   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Try the new AutoLinks near sheetla mata temple. Its new and might accept cars on short notice.
Plus, my brother had a good experience there recently.
Old 28th July 2008, 18:05   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
which service center is it? Can you PM me the details. I am waiting for my service book. As soon as it comes, I'll get her serviced
Congrats Tanveer, I just missed this thread,

For service center in Gurgaon, anything but Dhingra. They will just return your beast as-is after wash at the end of the day.

You can try Autolink as its opened recently.

But my trusted Tata Center is Gurgaon Car Scanner. I can give you his owner number and you can call him directly and refer my name. He will stand personally with you to take care of your car.

Once again enjoy the beast. Don't worry about initial hiccups, it will surely take you long ways.
Old 28th July 2008, 18:09   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
For service center in Gurgaon, anything but Dhingra. They will just return your beast as-is after wash at the end of the day.
Heh-heh, mine is Dhingra but I think you should give it a miss in the light of above. I would suggest you go with -
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
But my trusted Tata Center is Gurgaon Car Scanner. I can give you his owner number and you can call him directly and refer my name. He will stand personally with you to take care of your car.
or Autolink which Eddy has tried out recently...........PM me if you still want to try out Dhingra

Last edited by suman : 28th July 2008 at 18:10.
Old 28th July 2008, 18:16   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Heh-heh, mine is Dhingra but I think you should give it a miss in the light of above. I would suggest you go with -

or Autolink which Eddy has tried out recently...........PM me if you still want to try out Dhingra

I just reject Dhingra because of personal experience. And they take much more cars for the day than what is assigned number to them.

Every center has a fixed number of vehicles they can take for the service in a day in TASC. And they just by-pass that and take endless. And finally end up doing pathetic job

Never tried Autolink though it just stone throw away from my home

Last edited by rkbharat : 28th July 2008 at 18:19.
Old 28th July 2008, 18:17   #59
Senior - BHPian

Ok Ok
This thread is getting into a funny mode.

guess what i found about AutoLinks

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...go-tdi-ls.html

so i'm confused at least.
Old 28th July 2008, 18:19   #60
Team-BHP Support

RK, I agree with you on Dhingra in general. But Suman has contacts there which are extremely useful.

As a civilain, you will be lost there; but going through him makes a difference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks