Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2008, 16:08   #181
BHPian

Thanks a lot Tanveer!

I always go with my heart (prefered Fiat Petra 1.6 over Ford Ikon and Hyundai Accent) and it will not be different this time as well.
Keeping the budget in mind, 70K (more) will be a substantial total.

I am not looking for a city car but a VFM tough SUV and I can see no option around but Safari.

Thanks once again for the honest advice.

Cheers!!!
Old 26th November 2008, 22:39   #182
Team-BHP Support

7050 kms to tell its a Tata

Finally she did a Tata thing.
The AC has stopped working. Now you may be wondering why I need ac in this cold weather. Well. the front windscreen had fogged up, and I started AC. After a few minutes there was no change in cabin temp as well as status of the fog. The ambient temp must be around 17 degrees.
I switched the AC from windscreen direction to normal, and from the vents came air which was definitely not AC cool. The temp controls were at cold(so no chance of hot air causing this).
After this I went outside and checked whether the distinctive click of the compressor starting comes.
When AC switch(blue one) is turned on, there is slight change in engine note, which is expected, however the distinctive and very audible click of the clutch engaging is missing. So I guess the clutch is jammed or something?
I guess I should be asking for a new compressor instead of repairing?

Can somebody forward me some contacts to write a stinker to.
In the past 7050 kms she has had more niggles than our 106000 done indica has had in the past 10,000kms

Phew, thankfully, the "issues" will be restricted to things like AC etc., and not go to critical components leading to a breakdown.

Anyways, I was thinking of getting the 7500kms service done next weekend, but guess, its going to be this weekend.

Will get to try autolinks this saturday
Old 27th November 2008, 01:34   #183
BHPian

Tanveer, it is probably just the condensor fan fuse. Check for the fuse (25A) in the fuse box in the engine compartment and replace with spare. This has been a common 2.2 problem. I had two fuse burn outs in two months - now the Tata motors company service centre is recommending using a 30A fuse instead. Have used that for a month now and no problems so far.

Last edited by Strangerintown : 27th November 2008 at 01:35.
Old 27th November 2008, 01:48   #184
Team-BHP Support

As Strangerintown has mentioned, it might be because of the condenser fan fuse or the A/C clutch fuse.
Old 27th November 2008, 08:20   #185
BANNED

A/C fuse. Replace and you should be OK. Known to happen with the underrated fuse.
Old 27th November 2008, 08:39   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The AC has stopped working. Now you may be wondering why I need ac in this cold weather. Well. the front windscreen had fogged up, and I started AC. After a few minutes there was no change in cabin temp as well as status of the fog. The ambient temp must be around 17 degrees.
I switched the AC from windscreen direction to normal, and from the vents came air which was definitely not AC cool. The temp controls were at cold(so no chance of hot air causing this).
After this I went outside and checked whether the distinctive click of the compressor starting comes.
When AC switch(blue one) is turned on, there is slight change in engine note, which is expected, however the distinctive and very audible click of the clutch engaging is missing. So I guess the clutch is jammed or something?

Can somebody forward me some contacts to write a stinker to.
In the past 7050 kms she has had more niggles than our 106000 done indica has had in the past 10,000kms

Phew, thankfully, the "issues" will be restricted to things like AC etc., and not go to critical components leading to a breakdown.

Anyways, I was thinking of getting the 7500kms service done next weekend, but guess, its going to be this weekend.

Will get to try autolinks this saturday
Chill

I too faced this. Was the fuse for me.Hope its the same for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
Tanveer, it is probably just the condensor fan fuse. Check for the fuse (25A) in the fuse box in the engine compartment and replace with spare. This has been a common 2.2 problem. I had two fuse burn outs in two months - now the Tata motors company service centre is recommending using a 30A fuse instead. Have used that for a month now and no problems so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
As Strangerintown has mentioned, it might be because of the condenser fan fuse or the A/C clutch fuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
A/C fuse. Replace and you should be OK. Known to happen with the underrated fuse.
Old 27th November 2008, 08:53   #187
BHPian

Quote:
The AC has stopped working.
Tanveer, check the 25A fuse in the fuse box in the engine bay. My AC showed the same symptoms as yours at 10K kms. Replaced the fuse, never faced the problem again. (wood touch)
Old 27th November 2008, 09:02   #188
Team-BHP Support

I got worried because the engine note slightly changes, but no "click"
i will give the engine compartment fuse an inspection and get back.
"phew" I seriously hope its a fuse!
Old 27th November 2008, 10:53   #189
Senior - BHPian

Have you checked out the fuse yet?

Quote:
Man, this is a new vehicle under initial warranty - whatever it is, don't even think of the word "repair"; its pure & simple "replace".

And any workshop worth its salt (for example Autolinks) will not even suggest "repair".
Old 27th November 2008, 12:44   #190
Team-BHP Support

Lets hope for the best suman. Even I am hoping its just a fuse.
Meanwhile she does need a thorough checkup.
while I was on my knees trying to listen to engine note changes, I also heard some faint sounds at idle. Sounds similar to some kind of gears grinding against each other. Its very faint, and can only be heard in the dead of the night with no other sound. Comes at idle just after startup, and then seems to vanish.

Even if its the fuse, I think the 7500 service stands to be done at 7200kms with oil change etc., So is it easy to get saturday appointment for this sat at autolinks. I can wait till next week of course if this week they have too much of rush
Old 27th November 2008, 12:50   #191
Senior - BHPian

My 2.2 has blown the condenser fan fuse thrice.
My regular AC mech suggested shifting from 25A to a 40A fuse. Haven't done it though.
Old 27th November 2008, 13:01   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
My regular AC mech suggested shifting from 25A to a 40A fuse. Haven't done it though.
nitrous, if I were you I would not be adventurous enough to upgrade the electrical fuses as a fix for the problem. I'd rather get to the root of the problem when it comes to electrical glitches in the car.

tsk: Have you checked the Belts? I would suggest that while you are checking the fuses do check the belt tension also.
Old 27th November 2008, 13:04   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Go for it in incrments of 5A, if that blows move up, because such a high move from 25-40A might not blow up when there's a real problem causing the wires to melt.

If its a problem of underrated fuse, use a stepped approach to correct it.
Old 27th November 2008, 13:51   #194
Team-BHP Support

Is there no QC department in Tata? If the supplied fuse is of lesser rating than necessary, then they would have caught that by now, right?
Unless there is some underlying problem.
Fuses blowing is not really a good thing.
If this thing can frequently happen with the condenser, then this can also happen with a more critical component like the starter motor!
Old 27th November 2008, 14:15   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So is it easy to get saturday appointment for this sat at autolinks. I can wait till next week of course if this week they have too much of rush
I normally just land up - haven't faced any major rush so far. Let me know when you're finally going - will keep the appropriate persons informed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks