Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2008, 11:44   #91
BHPian

You'll Love it !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
From somewhere below the steering wheel there is slight chik chun kind of rattle. I suspect its the seat.
Hi Tsk congrats on the new ride. Sorry to hear about the initial issue with HDFC and all the confusion.The White Truck looks like a gem on the road with full sun on . You'll love the attention you get. This Truck really shouts "Make way, for here comes the KING"

Even i had faced this rattle from under the hood when you go a over humps a little faster than normal. Not sure what the service guys did, but it has never resurfaced after the 1st service.

Do keep a check for all of the plastic bits they used to cover the screw holes on the inside. few of them come off easily. especially the ones on the sides of your front seats.

Once again congrats on the ride. You'll love it!!!

Bugs.
Old 31st July 2008, 12:11   #92
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for you wishes guys.
As for door rattle, the Dada motors guy removed the plastic, tightened all the bolts for power steering, and even rewrapped the thermocol bits inside the door trim. He followed it up with WD-40 spray on the liners etc., but rattle remained.
Infact if I hit the door from the inside, it rattles, I guess some thermocol etc., should fix things or some foam.
As for the front suspension squeek when it flexes, I will ask them to check the A-arm bushes.

Service is due this sunday. I have done almost 700kms, and I guess the first service will be done at 800kms. I am getting it done early because of a long drive next weekend.
Old 31st July 2008, 12:39   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for you wishes guys.
As for door rattle, the Dada motors guy removed the plastic, tightened all the bolts for power steering, and even rewrapped the thermocol bits inside the door trim. He followed it up with WD-40 spray on the liners etc., but rattle remained.
Infact if I hit the door from the inside, it rattles, I guess some thermocol etc., should fix things or some foam.
As for the front suspension squeek when it flexes, I will ask them to check the A-arm bushes.
Congrats TSK !!
Dont worry, the door bits can be taken care of. The problem which you will not be able to sort is the squeaking and rattling due to those useless jump seats at the back. I am thinking of getting rid of them. However, want to know if somebody on the forum has replaced those seats with something better. I dont want to have a Safari and unable to carry 7 people occassionally

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st August 2008 at 14:28. Reason: fixed quote
Old 31st July 2008, 15:04   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
Please let me know when resolve this issue and how?.

I have had this driver's glass rattle since day one and they have'nt been able to so anything yet.
Having gotten back from my 5000km trip the left window rattle was shown to the dealer recently. They fixed it and it rattled again as i left the workshop. this happened twice and then i told the service adviser to replace the whole door with the window if they cant stop the rattle and i conveyed the same to the manager. they asked me to come next morning and they would have it done. It was fixed. no rattle. they changed the beading and the window seals etc and all the bits that hold the window in place. now no rattle.
Old 1st August 2008, 11:49   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As for blipping, yes its indica hangover. In indica if I don't do that the car will stall. The safari can putter along in idle without issues.
With all due respects to your workhorse Indica I still feel there is prob somewhere Tanveer. I think your FIP may need a recalibration if the car feels too sluggish. Indica does NOT need any throttle blipping on the 1st and then 2nd gears. Neither in reverse.

I know from my experience that diesels (read Indicas) are extremely drivable in traffic because in crawl scenarios you can just forget that there is an accelerator. Just releasing the clutch and then again braking and holding back the clutch is all that you need.

By the way, do a test for the FIP problem if you so wish. Find a very steep slope. With 2 moderate sized people in the car try to take this slope in 2nd gear after you have built up a speed above 15 kmph. If your Indica can not get up this slope and starts stalling midway and needs you to downshift to 1st then your FIP most probably needs a recalibration.
Old 1st August 2008, 11:52   #96
Team-BHP Support

@Zappo, the parking lot is an upslope and since the wheels are fully turned, its going to stall.
As for FIP, she crosses 130 on the speedo, and third gear goes 90 so I doubt FIP is any issue
Old 1st August 2008, 12:01   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Zappo, the parking lot is an upslope and since the wheels are fully turned, its going to stall.
As for FIP, she crosses 130 on the speedo, and third gear goes 90 so I doubt FIP is any issue
Oh! Then yes. Upslope with the wheels turned is difficult for most cars without a tap on the accelerator. I thought you are saying on a flat ground also your car stalls on 1st gear unless you tap the accelerator.

A bit OT; my NA Indica never used to stall but I always felt that the acceleration could be better, something like the Turbo version before 1800 rpm (since I regularly drive a Turbo as well the pain was more acute). Then when I talked with the Autofin guys they did that slope test with two people and confirmed that there is a problem. It seems this 2nd gear test on a steep slope with 2 people onboard is pretty standard for them. After FIP calibration my car now manages to pickup pretty well, and yes even takes the slope with on 2nd as well without stalling.
Old 1st August 2008, 13:41   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Oh! Then yes. Upslope with the wheels turned is difficult for most cars without a tap on the accelerator.
Absolutely spot on Zappo,

With full wheel turn,the vehicle needs 20% extra power so an extra tap on accelerator is needed.

add say 20% more at least for upslope depending upon the gradient of slope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
The car will still move successfully if the clutch is let in slowly, allowing the ECU to receive feedback of an imminent stall!
True in case of vehicles with high low end torque,say Safari

False in case of Maruti Zen.

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st August 2008 at 14:29.
Old 1st August 2008, 13:49   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Absolutely spot on Zappo,

With full wheel turn,the vehicle needs 20% extra power so an extra tap on accelerator is needed.

add say 20% more at least for upslope depending upon the gradient of slope.
The car will still move successfully if the clutch is let in slowly, allowing the ECU to receive feedback of an imminent stall!
Old 1st August 2008, 14:21   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
With all due respects to your workhorse Indica I still feel there is prob somewhere Tanveer. I think your FIP may need a recalibration if the car feels too sluggish. Indica does NOT need any throttle blipping on the 1st and then 2nd gears. Neither in reverse.
Zappo,
Sorry for the OT, dont intend to hijack the thread. Can you please let me know what is FIP. Thanks in advance.
Old 1st August 2008, 14:25   #101
Team-BHP Support

FIP is Fuel Injection pump
Old 1st August 2008, 20:36   #102
BHPian

Mods Sorry for OT, but its related to Safari. I dint wanted to create a new thread.

As per latest info received from my source who is closely related with Tata, The new safari will be launched in end of 2009 or early 2010. The engine specification will 2.6ltr, around 160bhp & new interiors which will be very close to Toyota standards.
It will be released across world at the same time & it will be matching all the international standards which is related to automobiles...

This is the info from my source, nothing official.

Regards
deepak

Last edited by kdeepakk : 1st August 2008 at 20:37.
Old 3rd August 2008, 02:04   #103

Hey tsk1979, just read your first post on this thread. Man u are funny guy! congrats for the beast. white colour looks good.
Old 3rd August 2008, 16:34   #104
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Correct. But tsk1979's 2002 Indica diesel does not have an ECU while his 2008 Safari does.
Old 4th August 2008, 00:07   #105
Team-BHP Support

First service at 900kms

Got her serviced at Dhingra motors Gurgaon. Also noticed the first scratch. A small one on the bumper. Most probably at Lajpat nagar when she was parked getting seat covers.
The service went ok... with most problems solved
The complaints and resolutions
1. Fog lamp RHS fogging - Replaced
2. Left side front window rattle - Fixed, window adjusted and all screws tightened, rattle gone
3. Squeak from somewhere near steering column - Tightened, now it comes rarely
4. Power steering hissing - Reduced now, this much is normal
5. Clutch adjustment - Much better now, gears engage better
6. Brake pedal adjustment - Done, braking is better now
7. Front suspension squeak on speed bumps(never on bad road, just smooth speed bumps when it travels) - Greased, but sound remains, albeit muted. They say carry on with it, see for a couple of weeks, if problem remains they will again check it up

Apart from this engine oil was 300ml less, and coolant was 0.5L less, total cost 151rs. Engine oil was Mobil 1 Super 1000 TM, which apparently is API-CH4, and meets the specifications required.

Overall happy with the service, esp fixing the rattle part, the car is smoother now. 500kms now, and running in will be over.
As for suspension squeak, its for another day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks