Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2008, 11:24   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nice to see an Adventure being used the way its supposed to. Sturdy build, a robust suspension and acres of storage space included, I can see why you chose this car. The pictures are breath-taking. More coming from in there?
Old 2nd August 2008, 13:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Wow.. I guess Fortune favours the Brave!! Considering most people living in metros have second thoughts about buying a Fiat.

I hope Fiat launches the "Locker" in India just for people like you http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...re-locker.html
Old 2nd August 2008, 13:15   #18
BHPian

Manoj, please post more pictures. Seems to be a truly Adventurous trip. You running on stock rubber ?

Last edited by toiingg : 2nd August 2008 at 13:16.
Old 2nd August 2008, 13:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

awesome pics Mr. Biswas. please upload more pics of the Adventure.

what happened to the rear wiper?
Old 2nd August 2008, 15:05   #20
BHPian

Thank you so much guys. I'm glad you all like the pictures..so here come a few more.

The 1st is under the Dhankar Gompa, the erstwhile capital of Spiti and an ancient monastery. This section had a black-top and runs along the Spiti River. Prisoners and other naughty chaps were often thrown from these cliffs in the old days..!

The 2nd is of the beast freshly washed and shining, in Kaza, the current capital of Spiti.

The 3rd is in front of the Dhankar Monastery, looking down on the Pin River, just before it meets the Spiti River below Dhankar.

The 4th and the 5th pics are of the flat plains near Rangrik, at 12.550 feet. The tarmac road here cuts through the vast high-altitude plain like a black ribbon. It is possible to rocket through this magnificent valley at 100+ kmph.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Adventure 1.6 Sport in the Himalayas..19 months/19,000 km report-dsc01162.jpg  

Fiat Adventure 1.6 Sport in the Himalayas..19 months/19,000 km report-dsc01171.jpg  

Fiat Adventure 1.6 Sport in the Himalayas..19 months/19,000 km report-copy-dsc01139.jpg  

Fiat Adventure 1.6 Sport in the Himalayas..19 months/19,000 km report-copy-dsc01205.jpg  

Fiat Adventure 1.6 Sport in the Himalayas..19 months/19,000 km report-copy-dsc01206.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2008, 15:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Why are the wiper blades standing straight in all pictures. Probably the vehicle is excited to be on the mountains.
@ Gemi..cracked up laughing at that one mate. Yeah..some kids were fooling around with the rear wiper outside Tabo, another famous monastery in Spiti. They broke it in a manner that I could neither remove it nor straighten it..so had to tie it with a string to the wiper nozzle...and it survived the entire tour on that!

@tooing: Yes, running stock rubber, the Pirelli 175/80 R14.

@ spadival, thanks for the link, that is an awesome looking Adventure! ..I had of idea about this version, thanks again mate.
Old 2nd August 2008, 15:41   #22
BHPian

Manoj..............man!! you have done what i reared to do boss! I was in similar terrain this June. Hired a qualis to travel from Manali to Tsomoriri. How much I missed my adventure in the hills !! The yearning for my adventure on those terrain is something only we Adventure owners can imagine!! seeing your photos makes me start and drive off to Lahul & Spiti immediately. Sheer bliss man!! Lucky for u to be staying in HP. Its a very long drive from bangalore and needs ultra loads of dough too. May be sometime shortly I'll drive to HP and take you along buddy great snaps!! please post more.
Old 3rd August 2008, 17:04   #23

Lovely pictures Manoj !
They are truly awe-inspiring
Old 4th August 2008, 10:48   #24
BHPian

Srirambr, thanks man. Manali to Tsomoriri is a manficent drive, could you take the bifurcation from More Plains, via Tso-kar and Puga? That is a spectacular trail to drive on..though it would have been difficult in a Qualis.

Thanks hashcode!
Old 4th August 2008, 10:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj Biswas View Post
@ Gemi..cracked up laughing at that one mate. Yeah..some kids were fooling around with the rear wiper outside Tabo, another famous monastery in Spiti. They broke it in a manner that I could neither remove it nor straighten it..so had to tie it with a string to the wiper nozzle...and it survived the entire tour on that!

@tooing: Yes, running stock rubber, the Pirelli 175/80 R14.

@ spadival, thanks for the link, that is an awesome looking Adventure! ..I had of idea about this version, thanks again mate.
Manoj, awesome pics. I wish I could take my Adventure that far north. BTW, is your rear wiper just loose. It was for me too, but it is very easy to fix (if it is the same problem that I had). Just lift the small plastic hood at the base of the wiper, to reveal a nut. Tighten the nut with the wiper at the normal position. That should do it.
More pics please.
Old 4th August 2008, 17:40   #26
BHPian

Hey manoj, yes we did takew the bifurcation from more plains. And as you said, we took a scorpio and not a qualis.
Old 5th August 2008, 08:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

manoj, your story really reaffirms what the car is made of. FIAT deserves a pat for such a great car. Wish the dealers read your story and get inspired to maintain these beauties for the owners even better. FIAT is a company that has seen losses, then profits, and now needs some teasing from tata to go on the front foot again. I am not sure if the adventure is still avaialble as such. if it isnt, its a pity and I seriously wish they launch the adventure in a 1.9 avatar soon. That would be the best car man can have for sometime

And not to forget to mention the photography is splendid man!
Old 5th August 2008, 09:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

lovely pics... the adventure is sure an hell of a vehicle
Old 5th August 2008, 09:22   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Manoj, That's a great car you have and you for sure have made the most optimum use of the 'Adventure'.

Some great pictures also and the black palio adventure with dust all over it looks part of the elements and the surroundings.

Great post.
Old 5th August 2008, 10:30   #30
BHPian

Do spend some more time !!

Manoj, thats a true adventure lover's story.

I request you to stitch up a travelogue about your Himalayan adventure...well, on your Adventure. Looking at your photography skills, that travelogue would be a great one to read (and view)!!

Please do it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks