Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2008, 14:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jay,

Very nice picture, and looks like you take very good care of her.

Cheers,

Arka
Old 18th July 2009, 19:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Update and closeout:

This wasnt intended, but after 26months of ownership I finally traded my Prado in for another 2009 Prado. Got a very sweet deal for the ride(as all my rides are very well maintained for the abuse they are put through)and was too tempted to upgrade.
The odometer stood at 98500kms after 26 months of sheer abuse.

It has been my most pleasurable motoring experience. The Prado never let me down once, anywhere, anytime.
Other than what I already mentioned earlier, the only additional expenses I had to bear were replacing the front windshield 4 times due to heat cracks and sandblasting in the desert.

There is nothing much to write about. Totally trouble free, peaceful and blissful motoring. The epitome of reliability for me working flawlessly at temperatures well above 50*c in hostile terrain and conditions.

The new 09 Prado is all the same, except this time I got fabric seats instead of the leather(got tired of charring my backside), 6cd changer with steering controls, wood inserts in the interiors and this time Silver colour. Got tired of the golden, since the Safari back home is also the same colour.
Got the new baby in April and have already put 10k on the odo without a squeak. However, will be changing the front windscreen shortly since it got terribly sandblasted. I look forward to a few more years of delightful motoring.

Toyota zindabad..!

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 18th July 2009 at 19:51.
Old 18th July 2009, 19:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

I have developed immense respect for Toyota and the reliability that every Toyota represents. Loved the pics.
Old 20th July 2009, 14:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Prado replacing another Prado,seem to be you are the brand ambassador for Prado.
as always,waiting for the Pics of the new ride.

Is there any solution form preventing sandblasting of your windscreen?
Old 21st July 2009, 10:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Prado is the most VFM 4x4 suv offering available. It provides full value for money, zero maintenance, bulletproof reliability, and can handle abuse like no other. IMHO the only replacement for the Prado is an upgrade to the Landcruiser which is 'expensive'.

The only way to prevent sandblasting is to park your car in a garage and not drive it in a sandstorm.
I just noticed a big crack on my windshield 2 days ago. There goes, first windshield replacement at approx 10k kms.

Pics will follow shortly.
Old 7th April 2014, 22:04   #21
BHPian

Re: Landcruiser Prado > 26 months 98500kms.

I got my first Prado 2 months ago and have been finding the handling of the SUV rather 'interesting', as it's my first SUV. It has the chassis shared with the Lexus GX, but I'm aware of how Toyota manages to make two different vehicles based on the same platform feel completely different, with an ES350 that's been a daily drive (it's based on the Camry chassis).

The Prado has been unchanged and except for the grille and lights looks the same as the other Prados posted on the thread. The car has a loose suspension that reminds me of the Chevrolet Caprice Classic from the late 80s/early 90s, which makes it fun to drive (just be sure to not carry any passengers who get car-sick easily).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks