Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2010, 09:48   #76
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Planet and Ravi. Will check out for the batteries this weekend and update.
Old 1st March 2010, 09:02   #77
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Battery wasn't really a problem. It had drained after 7 hours of useless usage without running. A jump start on the other day was all that was required to get into shape.

During the weekend, I visited Venkatesh to check a niggling suspension issue and to refill the AC gas. The front right coil spring had cracked and was promptly replaced. The AC gas was leaking and the culprit turned out to be a malfunctioning O-ring. Fixed a new one and the AC worked like charm in the hot Bangalore weather.

Again, a good experience with Venkatesh. At his garage, also bumped upon a fellow BHPian Avinash who had brought along his S10. Don't remember the handle he mentioned. Nice to meet you buddy
Old 4th March 2010, 12:06   #78
BHPian

Good to hear that you had a nice experience at Venkatesh's workshop. I have just completed my 80K service and the test drive was really good. I will be taking out for a long drive tomorrow and will post my review once am back
Old 4th March 2010, 16:08   #79
JVH
Senior - BHPian

This was my second experience with him. Another friend of mine tried him on his Palio 1.9D and he too was impressed. Hope he continues the good work.

Ravi, He did mention that you had come to him last week. Off-topic, there is a PUG meet tomorrow night at Koramangala. Are you coming?
Old 11th March 2010, 11:48   #80
BHPian

Sorry Jayant, I missed your last post. Had to go to my native(chikamagalure) for some personal work and got busy after coming back. Will surely try to make it for the next time. I hope you guys had a good time there
Old 15th March 2010, 15:06   #81
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Ravi,

Actually, I too did not make it since I was tied up with meetings and calls that day
But I heard it was a good meet. You can see post 73 in this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-program.html

Strange noise in 3rd gear

Lately, I have been hearing a strange noise when I apply engine braking or switch gears from 4th to 3rd. It is a metallic sound and one gets the feeling that two cylindrical components are not moving with enough lubrication.

What could it be?

Last edited by JVH : 15th March 2010 at 15:07.
Old 17th March 2010, 06:42   #82
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post

Strange noise in 3rd gear

Lately, I have been hearing a strange noise when I apply engine braking or switch gears from 4th to 3rd. It is a metallic sound and one gets the feeling that two cylindrical components are not moving with enough lubrication.

What could it be?
I couldn't be more wrong in predicting the source of the noise. Noticed that the noise is heard only when the AC is on which leads me to think, is it the fan which has gone kaput?

What's your take guys?
Old 17th March 2010, 11:17   #83
Senior - BHPian

open the hood - switch on the AC and look for the source. once you switch on the AC - the fan comes on at a slow speed and then at a higher speed. if the fan isn't working, the temp gauge should let you know about it.

have you changed the gear oil recently? look underneath / around the gear box for leaks.
Old 17th March 2010, 14:00   #84
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a fan issue. Will get it checked with the Mechanic this weekend.

No leaks and no gear oil change. Will check again with the Mechanic and update.
Old 18th April 2010, 17:07   #85
JVH
Senior - BHPian

After a full month, today I get the time to talk to my mechanic. The fan finally fully conked off 2 days ago. As a result, the temperature needle was moving way beyond the halfway mark in full glory with no one to stop it. It was really my mistake to delay this far.

Anway, this is the component I need to replace. The shaft has lost its play. It's too late to repair it and the only solution is to replace. Any idea what is the cost I'm looking at? My mechanic said he'll get back by tomorrow since today is a Sunday and no spare shops will be open.
Attached Thumbnails
Palio GTX - Red beast comes home! EDIT: update @100,000 kms-component.jpg  

Old 18th April 2010, 22:25   #86
Senior - BHPian

Even my adv's fan is in the last stage, its making a strange noise and also the entire radiator/container starhs shaking when fan gets on....
Old 18th April 2010, 22:43   #87
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Even my adv's fan is in the last stage, its making a strange noise and also the entire radiator/container starhs shaking when fan gets on....
Show it to the mechanic and get it repaired ASAP! Mine is beyond repair and replacement is the only solution.

It's also a matter of spending a few hundreds instead of a few thousands if you take my way
Old 19th April 2010, 05:28   #88
BHPian

Hi JVH,

Car looks awesome in red..

I have been looking out for a used GTX , ever since I sold one i used to own few months back once i relocated to Bangalore. If you have some contacts about used GTX /S10 available, please share.

Cheers
Old 19th April 2010, 09:36   #89
Senior - BHPian

There is a used silver GTX for sale in the classifieds section on team-bhp. If I remember correctly, it is MH registered but in Bangalore.

EDIT: The car is in Coimbatore.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/classi...uct/7176/cat/4

Drifter

Last edited by drifter : 19th April 2010 at 09:40.
Old 19th April 2010, 10:05   #90
Team-BHP Support

Mods note: Thread moved to Long-Term Ownership Reviews.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks