Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 12:05   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
hello Rohitrk
you have mentioned that the price is 1 lac above the civic, i.e. 13.8 lk. Sonata being not so common and now that there is a new model on the anvil, are there price discounts and did you get any?
I am considering the present model of sonata and with discounts probably ex show room under 13 lacs, I would go for it.
regards
Rajesh C
Hi Rajesh, this car is a awesome VFM considering the complete package, security and refinement it gives. you just cant compare it with honda civic as it is highly overpriced (civic) with the package it provides because honda always cash its brand value.
anyways, talking to the point you putup, i have Hyundai Elantra CRDI as my current vehicle and i also want to buy another Embera for me. I enquired it with 2 Hyundai Delhi dealers and i was offered a price tag of 13 lakhs all inclusive with all discounts and i am telling On-road price. Hyundai is offering great discounts in delhi because of low sales volumes and more competetion in this segment. in the end its a win win situation for end user as he can get some really good price for the car he want to own. i am sure if you have ready money, you can surely bag for more discounts while sitting and negotiating with company sales people while finalising deal.
cheers for hyundai.
Old 24th September 2008, 14:26   #47
BHPian

Car delivered, Initial driving experience

Folks, Finally the car has arrived. Not without few issues in delivery. I postponed the delivery by a day as the car was not polished, cleaned to my expectation.
Initial driving experience in city is nothing earth shattering. She moves with lethargic attitude mostly in 2nd or sometimes in 3rd. 4th in city are extremely rare. From dead stop or very low <5km/h you need to slot 1st or the car will buck in 2nd gear. But 2nd is really good in city it will move the car around most of the times. Between 10-40km/h city traffic.
I have a very steep inclination in my office car parking. While my scorpio (non-CRDE) takes that most of the time in 2nd (Sometimes needs first). Embera needs first on the slope.
But the moment rpm needle moves past 2K she gets the sudden urgency and nails your back to the seat. I would put these driving characteristics very close to verna. But Verna benefits from lighter car . Haven’t really go a chance to take her on highway where she belongs.
Ride, suspensions just amazing, no road noise what so ever in the cabin. Could not hear the engine inside cabin. On third and forth the car becomes ultra silent. Audio system looks dorky but sounds OK. Currently using my old Philip cassette adapter to connect it to my MP3 device.
For the accessories I have fitted VKool on side and rear (8500). Apart from that gout 8 sensor front+rear parking assistant system (5400). Only additional plan is to upgrade the low beam projection lamp setup with Philip xenon H7 set.
Here are some pics, pics are taken in bit hurry. Lighting was not perfect for the shoot.
Attached Thumbnails
First Embera CRDi owership experience on Team-BHP EDIT: 2 years, 28,000 kms update-img_4795.jpg  

First Embera CRDi owership experience on Team-BHP EDIT: 2 years, 28,000 kms update-img_4796.jpg  

First Embera CRDi owership experience on Team-BHP EDIT: 2 years, 28,000 kms update-img_4798.jpg  

First Embera CRDi owership experience on Team-BHP EDIT: 2 years, 28,000 kms update-img_4800.jpg  

First Embera CRDi owership experience on Team-BHP EDIT: 2 years, 28,000 kms update-img_4801.jpg  

First Embera CRDi owership experience on Team-BHP EDIT: 2 years, 28,000 kms update-img_4802.jpg  

First Embera CRDi owership experience on Team-BHP EDIT: 2 years, 28,000 kms update-img_4803.jpg  

First Embera CRDi owership experience on Team-BHP EDIT: 2 years, 28,000 kms update-img_4804.jpg  

First Embera CRDi owership experience on Team-BHP EDIT: 2 years, 28,000 kms update-img_4805.jpg  

First Embera CRDi owership experience on Team-BHP EDIT: 2 years, 28,000 kms update-img_4806.jpg  

Old 24th September 2008, 14:59   #48
BHPian

Some more pics

Posting some more pics. I am not sure if it's a problem but if I am say at 2300RPM in second gear now I release the throttle and depress the cluth, I feel as if I have pressed the clutch while my leg is still on throttle. Is it common in CRDi? Anyway I will get it checked at 1200km 1st service.
Attached Thumbnails
First Embera CRDi owership experience on Team-BHP EDIT: 2 years, 28,000 kms update-img_4811.jpg  

First Embera CRDi owership experience on Team-BHP EDIT: 2 years, 28,000 kms update-img_4812.jpg  

First Embera CRDi owership experience on Team-BHP EDIT: 2 years, 28,000 kms update-img_4813.jpg  

First Embera CRDi owership experience on Team-BHP EDIT: 2 years, 28,000 kms update-img_4817.jpg  

First Embera CRDi owership experience on Team-BHP EDIT: 2 years, 28,000 kms update-img_4819.jpg  

First Embera CRDi owership experience on Team-BHP EDIT: 2 years, 28,000 kms update-img_4820.jpg  

Old 24th September 2008, 15:46   #49
Senior - BHPian

Looks beautiful!

Congratulations on your purchase.
Old 24th September 2008, 15:55   #50
vij
BHPian

Thanks for the pics Rohit...
Thats Huge!!!
I am planning to buy this... I maybe 48hrs from booking this.

So in one word. Are you satisfied or not with your purchase?
Old 24th September 2008, 15:58   #51
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elantra.Rules View Post
Hi Rajesh, this car is a awesome VFM considering the complete package, security and refinement it gives. you just cant compare it with honda civic as it is highly overpriced (civic) with the package it provides because honda always cash its brand value.
anyways, talking to the point you putup, i have Hyundai Elantra CRDI as my current vehicle and i also want to buy another Embera for me. I enquired it with 2 Hyundai Delhi dealers and i was offered a price tag of 13 lakhs all inclusive with all discounts and i am telling On-road price. Hyundai is offering great discounts in delhi because of low sales volumes and more competetion in this segment. in the end its a win win situation for end user as he can get some really good price for the car he want to own. i am sure if you have ready money, you can surely bag for more discounts while sitting and negotiating with company sales people while finalising deal.
cheers for hyundai.
Are you talking about Embera CRDI? Probably not.
I got a quote 13.78 exshowroom and 16.73 OTR in Bangalore.
Old 24th September 2008, 16:02   #52
BHPian

great photos, and beautiful car rohit. How about some pics of the interiors?
Old 24th September 2008, 16:23   #53
BHPian

Simply outstanding for the price point we pay.

Gr8 choice of color mate and the white does make it look even more Grand.

Please do keep us posted on regular updates.

Wishing you many long & super-comfi journeys ahead.
Old 24th September 2008, 17:28   #54
BHPian

Too early..

Vijay, I believe it's too early to to declare if I am completely satisfied with my purchase. But yes my initial response is that I am happy to have something close to Camry that I used to own in US, cheaper to run, cheaper to maintain. Now it's not really a perfect car if you drive 90% in city due to engine tune for top end perrformance compared to Laura. since I am in break-in period I am not revving the engine post 2500RPM. Once I am at 2000kms I will chage my driving style and shift only at 3000rpm to eliminate the turbolag problem. Offcource Mr. Pete is going to hear from me soon.

The audio setup is much better than what I thought initially. It's got an amplifier along with 6 speakers and a woofer. 6 cd chager is good and the redundent casset player is useful with casset adapter to connect ipods.

Space, No shortage of it To give example, the day we got the car I took everybod out for dinner. First we thought of taking two cars, on the second thought we just crammed in the car total 6 adults and two kids.
Except the kids nobody was sitting on anybody's lap.

But if you still need, In one word "Yes"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Thanks for the pics Rohit...
Thats Huge!!!
I am planning to buy this... I maybe 48hrs from booking this.

So in one word. Are you satisfied or not with your purchase?
Old 24th September 2008, 18:57   #55
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Look at that back seat space! Your family's going to be pretty darn happy with your choice.

The rear end looks awesome.....a case of the imitator being better than the original (Accord)?
Old 24th September 2008, 19:35   #56
BHPian

Beautiful stance!!!!simply amazing pics rohit...
even your place looks real nice...cheers!! cheers:
Old 25th September 2008, 01:09   #57
BHPian

Damn cool pics man.

Thats what we call a real piece of Art and Power without hurting the pocket.

Rear Seats are really really spacious. Damn man i'm jealous of you.

haha i always wanted to buy Sonata CRDi and petefy it to give a real real blast on highways. but my budget

haha lucky guy.
Old 25th September 2008, 01:14   #58
Ali
BHPian

Its beautiful, Nice set of Alloys and Tyres would make it more appealing.

Saw one in hyd,Black colour with dark tints and Bling Alloys.Was looking wicked.
Old 25th September 2008, 08:26   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Are you talking about Embera CRDI? Probably not.
I got a quote 13.78 exshowroom and 16.73 OTR in Bangalore.
Check the website, there is a running scroll which says contact your dealer for special prices on embera! Quite clear, isn't it? You can get hefty discounts.
Old 25th September 2008, 09:46   #60
Senior - BHPian

Magnificent Backspace !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitrk View Post
Space, No shortage of it To give example, the day we got the car I took everybod out for dinner. First we thought of taking two cars, on the second thought we just crammed in the car total 6 adults and two kids.
Except the kids nobody was sitting on anybody's lap.

But if you still need, In one word "Yes"
LOLz.. this is what i called utter satisfaction.. you got what you always wanted/scouted for !!

ALL-in-all a family mover Congrates

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks