Team-BHP - Honda Accord V6 20,000 km and counting..
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Honda Accord V6 20,000 km and counting.. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/46503-honda-accord-v6-20-000-km-counting-3.html)

Fantastic Ash! The thrust of a V6 auto when you mash the pedal is really something I tell ya!!!!

Too add to these qualities you can be assured that this engine will last. My relative in the US has put 225K miles on his 99 V6.

Good see a report on V-6. I've always been listening about Honda cars chewing the brakes at early stages. The same had happened to my cousin's OHC of 40K had to change both the front disc & shoes.

Ash_vtec:How is the breaking while doing hi-speed? Hope the new PP2's will help more to bite the roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash_vtec (Post 1573302)
UPDATE new shoes

225/55/16 Michelin Primacy LC's put on. Very very silent tyres. Ride is transformed for the better. Not taken her upto Vmax yet. But definitely more planted and confidence inspiring at 150 kph.

Oh, and the brake discs were fine. Had them checked. The pads were chewed up thanks to the driver riding the brake in D. Damage 6,000/- for the front set.

@GTO....thankfully got them checked immediately....ignoring them would have resulted in damaging the discs as you said.

Congratulations on the tyre upgrade Ash. The V6 definately needed the rubber upgrade. Good call on the brake pads. As I mentioned earlier, they are something you need to check regularly on the Automatics.

P.S Now how about some more pictures? :)

@ Mpower: Yup, its addictive :D But you end up wishing for a manual or a DSG at times. Wow...thats Japanese reliability for you.

@Ramsagar: There used to be a slight shudder on the shot pads earlier, now braking at high speeds is much better. The car does lack a bit of brake "feel" though. The Primacy LC's definitely help traction. Shall write a detatiled review after some time with them.

@Dippy: Yeah the V6 definitely needed them. The old 205's used to light up the traction control light pretty often :P
Shall shake myself out of my lazy stupor and post some pics soon :)

Hi Ash vtec,

Noticed you've put up your beloved V6 for sale! Looks stunning and wish I had the dough to consider it. What are you upgrading to? A BMW 530D?!

@ itwasntme: Considered selling it briefly, but retained her as the F10 is launching. So i thought it's worth the wait.

+
* Superlative ride quality after sitting in other marques a la audi & bmw.
* Effortless highway car, if one can stomach the fuel bills
* An absolutely imperative upgrade that is needed is the Michelin Primacy LC, it suits the car. Special mention as to how silent they are and the ride quality has improved dramatically.
* Design has aged reasonably well for a Jap. Still turns a few heads.
* The butter smooth engine feels like it tick like this forever.
* Boot space pretty good, but not as large as one would expect. Its shallow.
* Cheap to service/repair

-
* Power pulling electric seats/electroluminiscent gauges/powerful stereo can sap your battery
* Now seems lacking in certain key features.
* RESALE VALUE.... :(