Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2008, 09:03   #46
Senior - BHPian

OFF-TopicWarning:for B'lore guys:ADVAITH pump in BTM is number one culprit in fuel fillings.

I had a strange expirence, when filled the fuel for 500/- they fill only worth 300/- that too a fuel without any mileage.I had given a complaint in the pump also.
I'm not aware of other ADVAITH branches in B'lore.

please please avoid that fuel pump.
Note:he will never accept filling in water bottles if necessary.This is alarming,a perfect fuel pump will never reject filling in the bottles.

Kindly pass this info.for all the T-Bhpian's.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 20th November 2008 at 09:04. Reason: spell check
Old 8th January 2009, 21:13   #47
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Update--Alto touches 10,000 KMS on Jan, 7 2009

A revival of this thread after being dormant for a while. My Alto touched 10,000 KMS yesterday, Jan 7 and will be heading for its 3'rd free service on Jan 17. I will be posting a detailed 10,000 KMS ownership review once the service is complete. This will include, detailed fuel efficiency and expenses stats and few pictures. The things I plan to change at the 10 K service are:
  1. Switch from mineral oil to fully synthetic - I bought 3 litres of Mobil 1 5W 50 this evening from an authorised distributer here in Bangalore for Rs. 2,000/- Many thanks to T-Bhpian VJ_Maverick for the referral
  2. Replace spark plugs
  3. Engine flushing before the switch to fully synthetic oil
Attached is a picture of my odo. Apologies on the poor quality image. Will keep all of you posted once the service is completed. Guys, if there is anything I am missing out, please do give me your inputs on the same.

Thanks,

gpa
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Alto LXi Ownership Review : 7 years and 70,000 Kms-image057.jpg  

Old 16th January 2009, 12:13   #48
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Update--Booked my service slot for tomorrow

I called up Mr. Satya, the Asst. Manager-Customer Car at Mandovi Motors, Goruguntepalya this morning at 11.45 to book my Alto for its 3'rd free service at the 10,000 kms mark. His mobile was busy, but he promptly called back and told me to bring my car in by 9.00 am tomorrow.

Guys, if there is anything in particular that I must be doing at this service, apart from what I have already mentioned in a post few days back, please do give me your inputs.

Thanks,
gpa
Old 16th January 2009, 12:26   #49
Senior - BHPian

GPA,

Why are you replacing the spark plugs? Is it recommended in the service list?
Old 16th January 2009, 12:40   #50
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Why are you replacing the spark plugs? Is it recommended in the service list?
HW,

I just thought that since I am replacing the engine oil from mineral to synthetic, I could also change the spark plugs. On one occassion, bad fuel did go into the car and it was pinging heavily, which is why I thought it is best to change the plugs.

What are your inputs on this?

Thanks,
gpa
Old 16th January 2009, 13:10   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
HW,

I just thought that since I am replacing the engine oil from mineral to synthetic, I could also change the spark plugs. On one occassion, bad fuel did go into the car and it was pinging heavily, which is why I thought it is best to change the plugs.

What are your inputs on this?

Thanks,
gpa
spark plug change at 10k KM!!!
My Alto has done more than 25k KM so far and there has been absolutely no changes to anything (except for the mandated services). Dont know if it is really required at such early stage.
Old 16th January 2009, 13:19   #52
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Dont know if it is really required at such early stage.
Thanks for your inputs joslicx! The reason I wanted to change them was becase of the bad fuel that went in once. Do you reckon I can continue with the plugs till their recommended change at 20,000 kms?

Thanks,
gpa
Old 16th January 2009, 13:47   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
... The reason I wanted to change them was becase of the bad fuel that went in once. Do you reckon I can continue with the plugs till their recommended change at 20,000 kms?...
Hey GPA,

Since you had an issue, I would suggest that you clean them well and use them; they should be fine.
Old 16th January 2009, 14:11   #54
Senior - BHPian

GPA, spark plug change is recommended at 20K. Do at 20K even if you feel that it is ok at 20K.
You dont require to change the plug at 10K unless the plug has some problems. have a check from the MASS and decide.

Abhi
Old 16th January 2009, 16:07   #55
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
GPA, spark plug change is recommended at 20K. Do at 20K even if you feel that it is ok at 20K.
You dont require to change the plug at 10K unless the plug has some problems. have a check from the MASS and decide.

Abhi
Hi Abhi,

Thanks for your inputs. I will get the spark plugs checked and cleaned and will replace them if necessary. Else, I will change them at the stipulated 20K kms mark

Thanks,
gpa
Old 16th January 2009, 16:16   #56
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Hey GPA,

Since you had an issue, I would suggest that you clean them well and use them; they should be fine.
Thanks HW,

I will clean them and will replace only if necessary.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 16th January 2009, 19:28   #57
BHPian

Quote:

Abhi
Hi
I would like to know what is the effect of not changing.
My Alto Lx has done 32400 so far, I don't think I have changed it.

Lately I have observed that cracker like sound comes from exhaust, although I am not very sure it was from my car.
Again this is not frequent but heard 3-4 times since last 15 days. I drive around 40 km daily.
I was reading this thread and just thought that sound may be because of spark plugs worn out?

-Sanjubaba
Old 17th January 2009, 08:09   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
Hi
I would like to know what is the effect of not changing.
My Alto Lx has done 32400 so far, I don't think I have changed it.
The pickup slowly reduces.

My colleague's Zen (32K km / 4 yrs) was loosing pickup and FE. When he told me that the spark plug is still unchanged, "first thing I adviced to change the Spark plug". Next day he did that and he was amazed to see the change in pickup and smoothness in the car. He felt as if it was new.

My simple suggession is: Dont overrule the manual. Pls follow atleast what the manual is suggesting sincerely. You will hardly face any issues with your car in long run.

Abhi
Old 17th January 2009, 10:57   #59
BHPian

Quote:
The pickup slowly reduces.

My colleague's Zen (32K km / 4 yrs) was loosing pickup and FE. When he told me that the spark plug is still unchanged, "first thing I adviced to change the Spark plug". Next day he did that and he was amazed to see the change in pickup and smoothness in the car. He felt as if it was new.

My simple suggession is: Dont overrule the manual. Pls follow atleast what the manual is suggesting sincerely. You will hardly face any issues with your car in long run.

Abhi
Yes. I do agree. I would check it out and change soon. Thanks.

However I did not see any drop in pickup or FE. I am still getting FE of around 21 on highway ( last week of December) and around 19 in city (Recent fill).

-Sanju
Old 17th January 2009, 14:27   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
Yes. I do agree. I would check it out and change soon. Thanks.

However I did not see any drop in pickup or FE. I am still getting FE of around 21 on highway ( last week of December) and around 19 in city (Recent fill).

-Sanju
THen probably the service centre has already replaced your spark plugs at 20K service. Since this is mandatory of the 20K service, may be then he didnt ask u.

Abhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks