Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2009, 22:57   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
how much does the wiper blade cost for the civic??and also the cost of fog lamps? can i get it any other place other than the honda dealers!!
AFAIK, the Civic wipers are OEM Bosch. And they cost a bomb - I think in the INR 2K range. Fog lamps can be had from outside. I don't know where exactly though.
Old 20th January 2009, 22:59   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
how much does the wiper blade cost for the civic??and also the cost of fog lamps? can i get it any other place other than the honda dealers!!
AFAIK, the Civic wipers are OEM Bosch. And they cost a bomb - I think in the INR 2K range. Fog lamps can be had from outside. I don't know where exactly though. I think a PM to Autopsyche might yield results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
report of my honda civic 2006 AT, done 125,000kms, silver colour in dubai.

new set of tyres every year after covering 50000 + kms, regular servicing and mixed driving of high and low speeds.

im lovin it!
cheers:
That's the shortest 1.25 lakh KM ownership report I've ever read

More details please! I'm glad to know that the Civic A/T has no problems going the distance though.
Old 20th January 2009, 23:26   #48
Team-BHP Support

The civic wipers are like bosch aero wipers i.e. they have no metal frame. They do cost a bomb. you can get them for any car from bosch.
Old 21st January 2009, 01:13   #49
Senior - BHPian

Very Well written Report Immortalz, I know realise why have i not done the same for my car

The FE is a bit low, I have managed a high of 11 KM/L and a low of around 7 KM/L, That was after the Filter install

My Car goes for the 10,000 KM Service tomorrow, Will post a report on that. 10,000 KMs on the ODO, 6 months And the car feels great. I am in love with it completely.
Old 21st January 2009, 01:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
AFAIK, the Civic wipers are OEM Bosch. And they cost a bomb - I think in the INR 2K range. Fog lamps can be had from outside. I don't know where exactly though. I think a PM to Autopsyche might yield results.

That's the shortest 1.25 lakh KM ownership report I've ever read

More details please! I'm glad to know that the Civic A/T has no problems going the distance though.
well i dont have much to report about my civic, as i dont have any problems with it!

right side engine mounting was changed cause it leaked! thats the ONLY change of part that took place.

regualr 5000km interval service takes place and thats all i got to say!

cheers:
Old 21st January 2009, 03:06   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quick update. We picked up a gray color Civic manual V, a few weeks ago.

Quote:
While I was cruising at ~80KMPH speeds, a M800 popped out from behind a KSRTC super fast at an extremely close distance - 30m max. I buried the brake pedal and steered away and missed him by micrometers. At the time, it almost felt surreal - I believed the car phased through the 800. A lifelong friend of mine riding shotgun said the ABS light flashed on the dash. !
Must be the BAS (brake assist system) at work!

Last edited by Mpower : 21st January 2009 at 03:07.
Old 21st January 2009, 08:19   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Very Well written Report Immortalz, I know realise why have i not done the same for my car

The FE is a bit low, I have managed a high of 11 KM/L and a low of around 7 KM/L, That was after the Filter install

My Car goes for the 10,000 KM Service tomorrow, Will post a report on that. 10,000 KMs on the ODO, 6 months And the car feels great. I am in love with it completely.
7 KMPL on a manual?!? You must be redlining it when parking it as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
well i dont have much to report about my civic, as i dont have any problems with it!

right side engine mounting was changed cause it leaked! thats the ONLY change of part that took place.

regualr 5000km interval service takes place and thats all i got to say!

cheers:
Only an engine mount changed in 1.25L KM! Gives me a lot of faith in the long term reliability of this beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Quick update. We picked up a gray color Civic manual V, a few weeks ago.
Congratulations! Do write about your experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Must be the BAS (brake assist system) at work!
From what I read in the manual, BA is enabled when you suddenly take your pedal off the accelerator and hit the brakes. This enables full breaking from the moment your feet touch the brake pedals. Helpful that. Every microsecond counts in such situations.
Old 21st January 2009, 13:57   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After the filter install i was, I use to Shoot from every red light starting at 4500 RPM, and use the Intake Growl to scrare the two wheelers rather than the horn

The Car is at the Service Centre,Requested for Wheel Alignment, Wheel Balancing cant be done becuase they dont have weights for my alloys, Interior Cleaning(Have got dirty), Engine Oil and oil filter change. Should get the car by evening, Estimated cost is around 5000 Rs.

A very nice thing observed was that I got a SMS in the morning reminding me about the service with the contact number of the Service advisor who was gonna assist me, A Thank you SMS after handing over the car, A SMS informing me the approx cost and the time of delivery about an hour later.
Old 21st January 2009, 14:08   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
A very nice thing observed was that I got a SMS in the morning reminding me about the service with the contact number of the Service advisor who was gonna assist me, A Thank you SMS after handing over the car, A SMS informing me the approx cost and the time of delivery about an hour later.
Is this a dealer-specific service or a Honda-wide initiative ?

And 4500 RPM from a red light ?
Old 21st January 2009, 15:32   #55
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Is this a dealer-specific service or a Honda-wide initiative ?
Has to be dealer specific. At my end, I book for service. I get a call on the day before the service to remind me and to confirm that I am indeed going for the service. A phone call later for feedback.

For my 25000kms service, I asked for the earliest slot so that the delivery would be earlier. I was given a 8 AM slot in the 'quick service (3 hours)' category. reached by 7.40AM, job card made at 7.45AM, car taken to service at 8.52AM, billing procedure started at 11.40AM, drove off from service centre at 11.55AM.

Last edited by trrk : 21st January 2009 at 15:34.
Old 21st January 2009, 16:33   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Only an engine mount changed in 1.25L KM! Gives me a lot of faith in the long term reliability of this beast.

Congratulations! Do write about your experiences

From what I read in the manual, BA is enabled when you suddenly take your pedal off the accelerator and hit the brakes. This enables full breaking from the moment your feet touch the brake pedals. Helpful that. Every microsecond counts in such situations.
i can fax the service history sheet from my honda dealer for my civic and the photo of the odometer too! just to prove the its HONDA tech at its best....for me it i-Vetc all the way.....

cheers:
Old 21st January 2009, 16:43   #57
Senior - BHPian

I think it is dealer specific Specific, Ok I have recieved the SMS that my car is ready for pick-up. Will post a report when i return.
Old 21st January 2009, 17:28   #58
Senior - BHPian

Anyone shifted to Synthetic yet?
Old 21st January 2009, 18:35   #59
Senior - BHPian

Yes I have. My service guy talked me into it. He said it would be better for the engine if the oil is changed to synthetic for the next 10k kms. I somehow feel the engine is a bit more responsive now. Probably its just the oil change. Anyways I'll be driving to Chennai and then Coimbatore next week. Will know if there's any perceptible differences.
Old 21st January 2009, 19:56   #60
Senior - BHPian

@ Csentil - Thanks for the reply and all the best for you trip. Guess I'll also change over at 10k kms. Do you know which brand of oil they used?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks