Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 15:18   #46
BANNED

Congrats mate for your fantastic presentation. I became a proud owner of one only last week.Didnt have the oppurtunity to push her till now...Your words is now tempting me
Cheers
Old 12th March 2009, 16:28   #47
Senior - BHPian

Sexy sticker mate! I like
Old 21st April 2009, 22:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Thats really interesting, now finally my punch line is getting some recognition, good to see that you got the sticker for that, enjoy all the attention. it goes well with Swift as it does with Magnum. But honestly i never thought of making sticker of that tag line, it is a real good idea
When i read your tag line ages ago, i knew it that i wanted a white swift diesel with this tag line behind. It was a dream i saw a million times a million nights
Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
oh man all your posts are turbocharged. But yeah anyone in a swift DDis will feel so.
Me too does not miss out on any chance to drive it, when ever I am in my brother in laws house. Really addictive and miss that kick when i am driving other cars
Honestly I would love to have that kick get activated a little earlier(rpm) though.
Why not get a swift diesel then ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Congrats mate for your fantastic presentation. I became a proud owner of one only last week.Didnt have the oppurtunity to push her till now...Your words is now tempting me
Cheers
Push it mate, Hell with running in. Jus RUN with you IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Sexy sticker mate! I like
Thank you sir

At around 6000 km before i went to Goa, I felt the gears were a little hard to engage, so i complained about this to spectra ghatkopar. He said the gear linkages will need oiling along with setting and he ll bleed the clutch too.

They did as they said and gear engagement again became butter smooth and the goa trip was finished with atmost fun.around 1500 km of pure driving pleasure.

Now the car is at 8000 km and since around 400 to 500 km i feel the clutch pedal is hard. My leg starts aching after half an hour or so drive in the traffic.

I called the service advisor there to ask him 'why could it be this' and he gives me the most unresonable answer i ve ever heard

'Sir pressure plate thoda chalne ke baad kadak ho jaata hai' and if u want we have to change it.

I was like 'dude 8000 km run car and pressure plate is hard'. Give this to someone else'

And then he goes like 'aapko aisa lagta hoga heavy ho gaya hai'

and maruti wont give u warranty for this and bla bla.

IN THE NAME OF GOD.PRESSURE PLATE FAULTY AT 8000 km ?

He says come day after and i ll check. He was trying to wash his hands of this by saying its normal on the phone.

Also the last time when i went for bleeding and gear being hard, a service tested it and said it was juddering and i complained about this too and after the bleeding there is no more juddering but why the clutch pedal hard.

I dont like to drive her too much these days because i get a leg ache.

Suggest a better service station in mumbai or a solution to this problem.Please
Old 22nd April 2009, 09:52   #49
Team-BHP Support

Clutch pedal is hard in swift d and it does get uncomfortable sometimes during prolonged peak hour traffic. Clutch bleeding can help to an extend but dont think you need to do anything about pressure plate. Drive a swift p and you will notice the difference immediately

WRT gear it was the clutch adjustment that was the culprit, swift doesn not have any linkages and its cable operated.
Old 24th April 2009, 13:13   #50
Senior - BHPian

humyum, wow what a fanatic review of your white swift mate, surely it rocks with that turbo kick.keep updating and drive safe, khub saras che
Old 11th May 2009, 22:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

3rd Service Review.

This time i wanted to try a different service station. Took it Sai Service Andheri. Noted all the problems down. THANKFULLY no rattles anywhere in the car.

Gearshifting a little hard, Clutch was a little hard and thats about it.

Oil and oil filter change.

The bill came to 1151.

I was with the car all the time. They lubricated the bearings below the gearshifter.Cleaned the Airfilter and poured in new oil along with the oil filter. Gave the intercooler and the the radiator a nice pressure wash.
Cleaning work was A+ with the entire car vaccumed from inside.

Techinical Knowledge was below par with these guys, atleast in the case of the DDIS. Never the less i was standing right around so problems with that.

And i was in for a surprise after i took the car out. The vicious turbo kick which i was already so happy with, GOT BETTER, GOT SMOOTHER minus any engine vibrations and now the car revs cleanly upto 3800 to 4000 rpm. Before it would die down after 3200 rpm but its a clean pull 95 to 98 in 3rd gear minus any loss of boost or maybe the smoothness just does not make you notice it. Its totally Free revving now!

Acceleration has improved by leaps and bounds. The turbo never felt this powerful even when the car was brand new.

In short I am super happy with the car.

Alignment and balancing i plan to get it down from outside as he quoted 1700 bucks for alignment and balancing and i was like ' No thanks'
Will get it done at Saifee!

They were also selling some filter for the AC which does not allow pollen or dust from entering inside and it was for a whooping 1500 RS. I let that pass too.

We ve named our swift ' BIG deal' and here is a poem dedicated to her!

Here it goes!

Smooth Easy Ride,
We’r jus gonna glide,
Shifting Gears, Surge and Tide,
Velocity, Acceleration, Our side!

Power, torque, ground,
Ola speed of sound!
Blur Vision,Love found,
Turbo Whistle, Smoke surround!

Pistons surging up, down!
Cams, cranks turning around,
Engine, A perfect friend!
For it goes on till the end!

Brakes Fading, Metallica raiding,
Fear Staring, Tyres Tearing!
Nirvana, Heaven defined to the T,
Turbo Lover, Yeah me !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
humyum, wow what a fanatic review of your white swift mate, surely it rocks with that turbo kick.keep updating and drive safe, khub saras che
Thanks bro, Bau majja aave che aa gaadi maa!
Old 11th May 2009, 23:15   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Acceleration has improved by leaps and bounds. The turbo never felt this powerful even when the car was brand new.

They were also selling some filter for the AC which does not allow pollen or dust from entering inside and it was for a whooping 1500 RS. I let that pass too.
Did they clean the airfilter also, if so this along with new lube will give a nice peppy feel.

Do you have more details of this filter, i think this is what am looking for
Old 12th May 2009, 09:52   #53
Team-BHP Support

Is it safe for the radiator and the intercooler to go through a pressure wash. My 50k service is coming up and I am making a list
Old 12th May 2009, 11:09   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Did they clean the airfilter also, if so this along with new lube will give a nice peppy feel.

yeah after atleast you last DIY i think all were looking to see something like this, any more info Humyum?
Old 12th May 2009, 11:28   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Is it safe for the radiator and the intercooler to go through a pressure wash. My 50k service is coming up and I am making a list
Pressure wash from outside is ok, i do it when ever i give car for pressure wash, but ensure that they dont overdo it and rupture it
Old 12th May 2009, 17:51   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Yeah, as Jaggu da said its fine as long as no overdoing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
yeah after atleast you last DIY i think all were looking to see something like this, any more info Humyum?
No vijay.Unfortunately he gave me the sheet for the AC filter and I knew it was a marketing gimmick or so i felt as the rates there were comparatively expensive than other MASS so i just made a rocket out of it and threw it in the dustbin!

Quote:

No details Jaggu da, I din bother at all to even look at it.

One more thing i realised when i asked the service advisor there that
'How come your rates are so high as compared to other MASS's in my area'?

He goes like ' rates are different in different areas and i found SAI service andheri to be highly overcharging customers.

650 bucks for alignment.Phew.Give me a break!

Last edited by humyum : 12th May 2009 at 17:52.
Old 12th May 2009, 18:29   #57
HKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post

Attachment 89389

Handling - 10/10
Power - 10/10
Build Quality - 7/10
Mileage - 9.5/10

Rohan when will i get a ride? Or you want me to come to college to drive it.

Anyways congrats Bro on your new Swift.
Old 13th May 2009, 11:17   #58
Senior - BHPian

Let me open a bag woes!

Since 6000 km the clutch has become hard. HARD in capitals is the word!

Complained to Spectra: Its Normal
Complained to Sai Service (Andheri): Its Normal

They just drove it barely for 100 meters and with a fresh un aching leg, they never noticed.

F1Fan and me met up at reclamation and I drove his car and he drove mine.

The difference was right there.His clutch was way lighter than mine!

My Left leg sleeps with an ache every night !

In 20 min drives in the city with minimum traffic, and minimum clutch engagment too the leg starts aching!

I love this car, the pickup, handling everything but this spoils it all !

Need a quick a solution to this asap. I ve already complained to 1800 1800 180!
Old 13th May 2009, 11:27   #59
Team-BHP Support

Did you try the clutch hydrolics bleed? First try that any MASS could help you with this.

If it is still hard, most probably you will have to open the clutch assembly and check since there is noting much to tinker outside.
Old 13th May 2009, 11:33   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you try the clutch hydrolics bleed? First try that any MASS could help you with this.

If it is still hard, most probably you will have to open the clutch assembly and check since there is noting much to tinker outside.
Yes Jaggu Da, They bled the clutch at 6000 km, when i complained of Judder!
Judder is absent now.Totally gone!

When i complained to Sai Service during the 3rd service about the hard clutch, they said that 'bleed aise hi thodi karte hai'! Its normal and rubbished my hard clutch claims!

The problem is , they take it for a half a km test drive and not notice anything. 10 to 15 min in traffic and your leg ache voila!

I am going to go to Sai Service Lower Parel this saturday!

Will removing the entire hydraulic oil from the clutch and filling it with new one help ?

Gear Shifting is also not smooth as i would like it to be! At high speeds the gears engage smoothly but in peak traffic they are hard!

Last edited by humyum : 13th May 2009 at 11:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks