Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2008, 19:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Good bits:
scorpio ask to be driven always and its on its own when you are munching miles and miles,

Bad bits:
I have captain seat model vlx, I hear noise from each and every seat, I am hearing some rattling form rear door too, this is gets worse, hoping this will be sorted out with this 2nd servicing, but I didn't expected this in 3 month.
There is considerable vibration from floor in idle condition[hoping this to be resolved after service] NVH value has increased a lot.
The clutch has become quite soft sure if anything major or just minor adjustment, will know in evening.

Performance:
I love the engine response, once you are above 1500 RPM the engine response is too good in all gears.

Fuel Economy:
Overall the fuel economy I got is in range of 11.8-12.3 , the worst I got was 9, this was when I has to drive in 2-3 gear on no roads for 20 kms, I expected this so this was not a surprise, I thought of getting more in range on 13+ but believe the right foot operation to be culprit, mostly driven in range of 110+ where ever got the opportunity like NH2.
good review pramod.
i totally agree to the point highlighted in bold.
i had a bit of rattling from my front passenger seat, all it takes is a bit of tightening. whenever your scorp goes to the service centre, please ask them to check and align all the doors if necessary. this will control the door rattling.
ideally, there should not be any vibration from the floor, other mHAWK owners may provide inputs too. regarding NVH, gear vibration is an issue, what other problems are you facing? is the engine still refined enough?
you are getting pretty good FE.

as surya says, get mHAWKED!
Old 26th December 2008, 14:13   #17
BHPian

Got every thing sorted today, yesterday they were able to fix only clutch problem, I have to sit there for 3 hours, they balanced the wheel, and bolted every underbody bolt with proper torque, now everything seems fine.
Engine is as refined as new, afterall its just <4 month vehicle, even though I have done 10K+ kms, the funny part I got the call from the same service center for 1st Service reminder, I told them to be in sync with the service record and have already done with 2 servicing.
Service center named Unnati Motors here in Nagpur, treats the customer very well, I was all fired because of yesterday incident, but as soon as they saw me and heard the complaint, they apologized and then followed all the process for aligment, from removing the tires, checking each and every breaks, suspensions and underbody bolts and then doing the alignment.
I hope they continue the same to all the customers and would be very happy to recommend this to each and every one!!

-Pramod
Old 27th December 2008, 23:12   #18
BHPian

Pramod-: Congrats on your MHawk, and an extremely long ride as well.

Is the Mhawk rear seats still as jumpy as the old scorpios? The front seats were very comfortable and the rear seats, as uncomfortable as possible.
Old 28th December 2008, 11:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

krish3: the mHAWK is NOT AT ALL bouncy like the old scorpios. but if you expect safari or innova like ride, you will be disappointed. this is the biggest flaw in the scorpio, its average ride. but its not uncomfortable now.
Old 29th December 2008, 07:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Pramod and scorp'ians,

I have recently been to the workshop for a casual check and I noticed new scorps are coming with Rubber stoppers on each of the doors. None of my earlier scorps had them!!

So, obviously I requested 4 of them for my car and got them while I was waiting. Believe me it makes a difference in the way the door closes with a sound thud and no unwanted rattles from doors. There are two rubber stoppers one on the top and one below now.
Have them done for your rides and feel the difference.

Pramod, good review! Like HV Kumar does, please keep a detailed log of all the important activites on your car. It HELPS!!
Old 29th December 2008, 13:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice reveiw, Pramod!
BTW, how come your mHawk does not have those stickers on the side? I thought those stickers were only for mHawk variant.
Old 29th December 2008, 13:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Nice reveiw, Pramod!
BTW, how come your mHawk does not have those stickers on the side? I thought those stickers were only for mHawk variant.
notice the front fender of the 2nd pic, it has stickers.
Old 29th December 2008, 14:11   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
krish3: the mHAWK is NOT AT ALL bouncy like the old scorpios. but if you expect safari or innova like ride, you will be disappointed. this is the biggest flaw in the scorpio, its average ride. but its not uncomfortable now.
Though the ride is a lot better compared to the first gen scorpio but still ride remains a weak point for scorpio.

I drive a VLX and i went to jaipur last week in a endeavour , surprisingly the Endeavour known for its bad ride was much much better than the scorpio.
Old 29th December 2008, 15:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice reveiw, Pramod!
the pictures are clearly showing those stickers! look closer
Old 29th December 2008, 21:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Though the ride is a lot better compared to the first gen scorpio but still ride remains a weak point for scorpio.

I drive a VLX and i went to jaipur last week in a endeavour , surprisingly the Endeavour known for its bad ride was much much better than the scorpio.
yes you are right. thats what i said, the biggest flaw in the scorpio.

hey anshuman, i dint see any pics of your scorpio VLX in your garage or profile. would love to see it.
Old 29th December 2008, 21:43   #26
BHPian

I still believe the front seat is quite comfortable, I am not sure about the second row, as I am yet to sit there :-) , but yes it not the best handler for sure, there are lots and lots of scope, but I believe we would not see that in this version of Scorpio, M&M will have to change a lot which I believe would be structurally difficult.. just my 2 cent.

Anyway back to the servicing point, I still am not satisfied with the vehicle servicing, the high speed bubbling is still felt, looks like the tire balancing still need to be done.

I am feeling that when the speed is in excess of 125kmph, and believe me it was smooth before, so there is some thing certainly wrong.

-Pramod
PS: would appreciate any advice/suggestion to get this rectified.
Old 30th December 2008, 13:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
notice the front fender of the 2nd pic, it has stickers.
No, i was not referring to that 'mHawk' emblem, but stickers on the side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
the pictures are clearly showing those stickers! look closer
Heck, I still don't see them. Perhaps I have not seen that many mHawks. I do remember some dotted stickers on the rear on the side profile.
Old 30th December 2008, 14:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, i was not referring to that 'mHawk' emblem, but stickers on the side.

Heck, I still don't see them. Perhaps I have not seen that many mHawks. I do remember some dotted stickers on the rear on the side profile.
even i have not mentioned the emblem buddy.
mHawk has stickers on the front right side, from the fenders extending to the bonnet and the rear left side, from the rear door to the boot door.

i have red marked in the 3 pics below.
Attached Thumbnails
3 months 10K kms Mahindra Scorpio VLX mHawk-21sep2008018.jpg  

3 months 10K kms Mahindra Scorpio VLX mHawk-19082008565.jpg  

3 months 10K kms Mahindra Scorpio VLX mHawk-dsc00167.jpg  

Last edited by raj_5004 : 30th December 2008 at 14:40.
Old 1st January 2009, 12:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I am facing a lot of squeaking noises from the front part of the car while crossing even small pot holes, bumps & speed breakers.

My MHawk VLX is just 3 months old & dome 2300 Kms.

Any pionters
Old 2nd January 2009, 13:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Raj, now I see 'em!! They look a lot clearer in the pic of the white Scorpio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks