Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2009, 15:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

These decals are available only on the mHawk versions and the earstwhile sports model.

As per my dealer those who do not want them they can be removed before delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
even i have not mentioned the emblem buddy.
mHawk has stickers on the front right side, from the fenders extending to the bonnet and the rear left side, from the rear door to the boot door.

i have red marked in the 3 pics below.
Old 2nd January 2009, 16:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
These decals are available only on the mHawk versions and the earstwhile sports model.

As per my dealer those who do not want them they can be removed before delivery.
i asked my dealer to remove them before delivery, he said he can 'try'!
i did not want anybody to experiment with my vehicle, so i said 'no need'!

now i have got used to it and dont want them removed.
Old 2nd January 2009, 17:42   #33
BHPian

all version of Scorpio are almost same, so you need some distinction, and the decal do provide that.. anyway I sort of like that.
Back to the progress of the alignment and balancing issue, I went back to Bridgestone Tyre authorized shop and did the balancing and to my surprise each of the alloy wheel required lots of weight to get it balanced, have not done much testing but hope this end the balancing issue and I would be back enjoying my rides..
I paid Rs1400 just for weights, this seems to be high but I saw him putting lots of weight on wheels, I even have to swap one of the tyre with spare wheel, as that tyre gulped lots of weights and was advised to use it as spare rather than main tyre.

-Pramod
PS: Is there anyway I can go back to Mahindra for all these un balanced allow wheels or I have to leave with this?
Old 2nd January 2009, 18:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I checked my car there are a lot of weights fixed on each of the wheels. This is my first experience with Alloys so if any one can enlighten me on the requirement.

One more thing.. has any one tried Xenon head lamps on their Scorpio. One of my neighbours recently brought a Jetta & the Xenons look real cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
all version of Scorpio are almost same, so you need some distinction, and the decal do provide that.. anyway I sort of like that.
Back to the progress of the alignment and balancing issue, I went back to Bridgestone Tyre authorized shop and did the balancing and to my surprise each of the alloy wheel required lots of weight to get it balanced, have not done much testing but hope this end the balancing issue and I would be back enjoying my rides..
I paid Rs1400 just for weights, this seems to be high but I saw him putting lots of weight on wheels, I even have to swap one of the tyre with spare wheel, as that tyre gulped lots of weights and was advised to use it as spare rather than main tyre.

-Pramod
PS: Is there anyway I can go back to Mahindra for all these un balanced allow wheels or I have to leave with this?
Old 2nd January 2009, 20:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

The weights are fixed during wheel balancing. There is nothing to get worried about them.
Old 2nd January 2009, 23:13   #36

Body Stickers, Leather Seats and that annoying rear view mirror

Body Stickers

My local Mahindra dealer had "never been asked before" to remove the ugly body stickers. I was told that they could try, but I should budget for re-painting the vehicle if removing the stickers damaged the paintwork.

I parked the vehicle in the sun and carefully removed a small sticker from a window strut - It was easy, so I removed the stickers from both sides, the bonnet and the boot. The vehicle looks so much classier without them!

Seat Fabric

The seat fabric supplied by M&M is an uncomfortable man made fabric - and it's not very attractive! I got Stanley Boutique to cut off the original fabric and replace it with pure leather. Stanley boutique also added a bit more padding, and fitted leather door panels. The result is greater comfort and super apperance.

Rear View Mirror

The parking sensors aren't a bad idea, but they're only fitted to the rear of the vehicle. That's not a problem, but there is an annoying light on the rear view mirror in the shape of a car. This light is ON the whole time, day and night, even when the vehicle is NOT in reverse gear.

Why? You only need the reversing sensors when you're reversing, so why doesn't it switch on when the driver engages reverse gear (as the reversing lights do)? Unfortunately, it is VERY distracting at night as there is always a bright light shining towards the driver.

Does anyone know how to remuve the bulb?
Attached Thumbnails
3 months 10K kms Mahindra Scorpio VLX mHawk-stickers.jpg  

3 months 10K kms Mahindra Scorpio VLX mHawk-leather.jpg  

Old 3rd January 2009, 12:00   #37
BHPian

leather seats are great, can you give approx cost of this..
-Pramod
Old 3rd January 2009, 14:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.sw View Post
Rear View Mirror

The parking sensors aren't a bad idea, but they're only fitted to the rear of the vehicle. That's not a problem, but there is an annoying light on the rear view mirror in the shape of a car. This light is ON the whole time, day and night, even when the vehicle is NOT in reverse gear.

Why? You only need the reversing sensors when you're reversing, so why doesn't it switch on when the driver engages reverse gear (as the reversing lights do)? Unfortunately, it is VERY distracting at night as there is always a bright light shining towards the driver.

Does anyone know how to remuve the bulb?
hi john, we would love to see the pics of your car without the stickers. also, a detailed review and ownership experience is welcome.

the light in the RVM is not that bright buddy, i suggest you should not remove it.
Old 3rd January 2009, 22:52   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
leather seats are great, can you give approx cost of this..
-Pramod
Stanley Boutique in Coimbatore charged Rs.40,000/- for the leather seats and leather door panels.

I have the seven-seater vlx with the two folding seats in the rear.

The cost included leather arm rests, head rests, etc. and it is all a very pukka job.

Stanley Boutique is based in Bangalore, so they sent the craftsmen to Coimbatore to fit the leather. The whole job was completed in four days from the date or ordering.
Old 4th January 2009, 21:39   #40
BHPian

woooh, the cost is high, but from the look it tempting...

-Pramod
Old 4th January 2009, 23:52   #41
BHPian

Quote:
One more thing.. has any one tried Xenon head lamps on their Scorpio.
I have been using Xenon HIDs in both head and foglamps. Like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.sw View Post
Stanley Boutique in Coimbatore charged Rs.40,000/- for the leather seats and leather door panels.
The interiors are very tempting but Rs. 40K. Damn the recession!
Old 5th January 2009, 11:34   #42
Senior - BHPian

Wander Xenon's in full reflectors must be really bright not only for you but for cars opposite to yours
Old 5th January 2009, 16:56   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hi WanderNomad,

How much did the Xenons for the headlamps cost you ?

[quote=WanderNomad;1116316]I have been using Xenon HIDs in both head and foglamps. Like them!

Hi getsurya,

Yours is a valid observation, specially the aftermarket Xenons, I have seen cars with stock Xenons to be beter, probably have a special headlight lens or something.

I am still thinking, maybe Ill drive with the lights positioned on the lowest level, and use the high beam with caution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Wander Xenon's in full reflectors must be really bright not only for you but for cars opposite to yours
Old 6th January 2009, 00:42   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
They are! Cant do much except just switch off the main lamps as a courtesy for oncoming traffic.

Quote:
Hi WanderNomad,

How much did the Xenons for the headlamps cost you ?
Got the normal chinese ones for about Rs. 5 - 6K. You get original Philips with Guarantee for about Rs. 10 - 12K now.
Old 6th January 2009, 09:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

My suggestion Mupreti & Wandernomad would be to a DIY with Projector lens(as one of our TBHP members did it for his Ikon)on Scorpio. This would serve the purpose along with sparing the oncoming cars!
I personally found the Scorpio stock headlamps quite powerful for oncoming vehicles. Would be great with Philips Powervision kind of stuff instead of Xenons!!

Has Anybody tried the Philips Powervision or Osram Nightbreakers to replace the stock HL bulbs?? If so, please share your observations and night time pics. Will help lot of us

Most Viewed