Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2012, 18:10   #181
BHPian

re: Hyundai Tucson - 138,000 kms done EDIT: Accident, total loss and vehicle scrapped

Since your vehicle has not done many kms (considering it is a genuine odo reading), it may not be necessary for you to change the clutch master cylinder. Same is possibly the case with flywheel as well but according to many experts, it is suggested that the clutch and flywheel be changed at the same time for full benefits and long life of the new clutch.

- Cylinder Assembly - Clutch Release - Rs. 1578.82
- Cylinder Assembly - Clutch Master - Rs 2516.89
- Bearing - Clutch Release - Rs 1500.75
- Cover Assembly - Clutch - Rs 3343.27
- Disc Assembly - Clutch - Rs 5376.83
- Flywheel Assembly - Rs 6629.61

Including labor charges and taxes, the total would come around 25K. A friend's vehicle underwent this change recently and drives like a dream!!!

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 30th April 2012 at 18:31.
Old 30th April 2012, 18:34   #182

re: Hyundai Tucson - 138,000 kms done EDIT: Accident, total loss and vehicle scrapped

Thanks for the prompt reply. The mileage is genuine and dealer certified. Are the other options being discussed here, like replacing clutch fluid, worth considering at all?
Old 30th April 2012, 19:14   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
- Cylinder Assembly - Clutch Release - Rs. 1578.82
- Cylinder Assembly - Clutch Master - Rs 2516.89

A friend's vehicle underwent this change recently and drives like a dream!!!
Wow.
The master and slave cylinders are reasonaly priced!
I will ask my service guys to see if I should get them replaced. Replacing these will enforce the complete cluth/brake fluid drain and refill, right? Because of ABS recalibration fears, they are reluctant to drain my clutch fluid and I am getting irritated due to a paining left knee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREAK FREE View Post
Are the other options being discussed here, like replacing clutch fluid, worth considering at all?
I think they are worth before giving up on this otherwise fantastic vehicle.
The catch is to really make them replace the entire fluid (and not just bleed some).

Last edited by anandpadhye : 30th April 2012 at 19:19.
Old 30th April 2012, 19:21   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
W Becase of ABS recalibration fears, they are reluctant to drain my clutch fluid and I am getting irritated due to a paining left knee!!!
Not sure what exactly is their hold-up since all HASC I've gone to has the ABS calibration and re-priming equipment. It's just a 45-60 min job. Try with another ASC and if they too refuse, come to BLR and I'll get it done along with other long-pending performance upgrade.

I'm sure you'd regret the time you've wasted driving a 112 BHP stock Tucson vs a ~140 BHP Tucson .

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 30th April 2012 at 19:24.
Old 30th April 2012, 20:02   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

I am really looking forward to the 140 BHP mark. I can't imagine how much fun it will be.

Let me give one more try and get the clutch circuit fully drained and then I will drive to Bangalore else those 800KM may take toll on my left knee!

How is your Tuc behaving after the remap. Hope no issues copped up so far. How many KMs since the remap now?

Cheers!
Old 30th April 2012, 20:16   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
How is your Tuc behaving after the remap. Hope no issues copped up so far. How many KMs since the remap now?
Absolutely no issues so far!!!
Must have clocked ~19,000 kms since remap/s. Recently I was going through the long term OBD log and the average KMPL it shows over the last ~12,000 KM (logging used mostly on highway drives only) is 18.3 KMPL....Oh wait....and GPS registered top speed of 184 KMPH...Beat that!

EDIT: I keep playing with different maps and hence the accumulated mileage and FE is over multiple remaps.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 30th April 2012 at 20:19.
Old 30th April 2012, 21:06   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

You are really pushing me....
A Bangalore trip in next few days is confirmed from my side (hopefully with a feather-lite clutch). Will update once I sort out the clutch, but I am coming.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 22:03   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely no issues so far!!!
Must have clocked ~19,000 kms since remap/s. Recently I was going through the long term OBD log and the average KMPL it shows over the last ~12,000 KM (logging used mostly on highway drives only) is 18.3 KMPL....Oh wait....and GPS registered top speed of 184 KMPH...Beat that!

EDIT: I keep playing with different maps and hence the accumulated mileage and FE is over multiple remaps.
I am also interested in trying the remap. I am a novice in this domain. Where can i get the ECU firmware from and how can i upgrade the ECU ?
Old 30th April 2012, 22:29   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal.sn View Post
I am also interested in trying the remap. I am a novice in this domain. Where can i get the ECU firmware from and how can i upgrade the ECU ?
YGPM - Too long a story to explain
Old 1st May 2012, 18:23   #190

Wow! A 140 BHP Tucson is an adrenaline rush beyond compare.

I think of my Tucson as an I-20 plus a Suzuki Swift on steroids.

Mr. Vampire, can u please do me a really big favour by pointing me in the direction of the right HASC in Bangalore for this clutch job.

Like I said, I am now using 'Tweedledum and Tweedledee' in Cantonment or Seshadripuram. It is mostly Seshadripuram because of traffic and parking issues around Millers Road.

Thanks in advance and I do greatly appreciate your input.
Old 1st May 2012, 19:23   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREAK FREE View Post
please do me a really big favour by pointing me in the direction of the right HASC in Bangalore for this clutch job.
You are very welcome!
Could not PM you (possibly due to your new account restriction), but I've sent you an email via the forum regarding the service center details and contacts there to get the clutch job done.
Old 28th May 2012, 18:44   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Just a routine update:

Most of the April and May was served by the Tucson carrying senior citizens and kids. The Tucson is always found to be so much more comfortable (than the regular cars) by everyone in the family - high stance, roomy, rear seats with Volvo like reclining backrests...

And the AC has been simply AMAZING. Inspite of being a black SUV, cools in a flash that too in the Pune summer afternoons.
(I wished Laura had such an AC)...

And coming to think of it - I got the Tucson for roughly the price of a brand new Thar!!!

Got the insurance renewed with Bajaj Allianz.
Rs. 14,235 for IDV of Rs.6,25,000, this happens to be the first year that has gone by without any claim, so I get 20% NCB. First two years saw all kinds of things falling on the Tucson when it was parked, depriving me of my NCB and tarnishing my safety record - I wished they had a column in their records indicating the type of accident (e.g. happened while parked in a legal parking lot, locked and unmanned...he he he). BTW, they have slowly started those US like marketing gimmicks - initial quote was 15300 or something, came down when I filled in some personal details like my profession, age when I got my license, etc...

The Yokohama Geolander G012 AT tyres have now done around 8000KM and they have been very good -from the grip as well as noise point of view. They look nice too.

And once again I tried to convince the service guys to completely drain my brake oil - they again drained from the master cylinder telling me that's enough (only about 1 liter went in). I have given up on convincing them. I would rather repeat this 3 times more so that eventually all clutch/brake oil is replaced. This time, I changed the seat height to maximum and changed the angle such that the under thigh support increased and this reduced the strain on my left knee. Will go with this until all the clutch oil is refreshed.

Cheers!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 28th May 2012 at 18:51.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 11:50   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

The Shell Effect???

Quote:
I've never tried to fill above the auto cut-off (the best it has taken so far is 52 litres) and the max I've driven at a stretch without refilling is ~650 kms.
With a very relaxed right foot, the best I've squeezed so far is 17km/litre (as reported by OBD software). During normal highway runs (tries to keep speeds around 140), the fuel consumption hovers around 12-13 km per litre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
So a 700+ range is easily possible. This is on a relaxed cruising speed of 100-120 most of the time.
For the first time, I did 700KM before low fuel warning came on.
Around 200km out of these 700KM were on the highway (Pune Mumbai) and the rest was in the Pune city - regular daily usage, sometimes heavy traffic, sometimes moderate.

I do not recollect whether the reserve is 7 or 9 liters. Assuming 7L, this is the first time the Tucson seems to be on it's way to do @775 km in a tank. I will update exact figures when I refill in a day or two.

The last refill was Shell Diesel. I will try the Shell diesel a couple of tank fills more to see if that's the root cause of this FE improvement.

An entirely higheway trip on the Shell diesel would be a good test if an opportunity comes .

Cheers!
Old 18th June 2012, 12:37   #194
BHPian

Just to pee on your parade
The FE figures of my Tucson have changed a lot after the remap. Did two trips of ~800 km (Bangalore-Mangalore-Bangalore) in January each involving really horrible ghat sections (Shiradi) and I was awestruck at the mileage the vehicle gave.. Approximately 18.9 km/litre on a babied drive (never crossed 130 km/hr except for 2-3 short bursts to 150 Km/hr) and 18.2 km/ litre on a drive which saw some serious 3 digit speeds wherever the road conditions allowed (but never raced/dragged through gears). GPS indicated top-speed of 184 Kmph but it took a while to make progress beyond 172.
Digital Vampire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 12:48   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just to pee on your parade
Actually, that post was a full toss inviting you out of your creeze and hit.

The remap is very high on my agenda, I am trying find an opportunity to travel to Bangalore and meet you.

BTW, can you try the Shell diesel (full tank) and check if improves the FE even further?

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks