Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2015, 14:04   #16
BHPian

Re: Grand Vitara 2007 : 1 year report

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
@GRV: If you brought GV for daily commute no wonder you are disappointed. My offer for you to come along to Desert Storm is still open. Get there and see what your vehicle can do. I have not yet found a better price point + sturdy built + comfort package. See my thread on GV I have clocked 75k+ in one and half year. With reasonable FE of 9.5+
Hi Sudev/ Samurai, I am planning to Buy a GV, it is a Automatic 2007 model, 80000 approx, my question is, is it a good buy? What problems i can face?
Better to Buy a MT or a AT?
Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 14:14   #17
Team-BHP Support

Depends on how well maintained it is, and how much the owner is asking for it. Get the maintenance records from Maruti for the entire ownership. If it was well maintained, with proper record, around 3.5L is a good price.
Old 23rd October 2015, 17:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Hi Sudev/ Samurai, I am planning to Buy a GV, it is a Automatic 2007 model, 80000 approx, my question is, is it a good buy? What problems i can face?
Better to Buy a MT or a AT?
Thanks
AT if you do not mind the reduced fuel economy and want the ease of not changing gears. Otherwise MT is ok.

Re fuel economy and suitability for off-roading see my thread where we took an AT & MT for mild offroading :-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...shet-lake.html

Check the online records of MASS for service history. The concerned manager will be able to advise you properly. You will need to build a rapport with him/her for this. If service records are doubtful walk away or bargain hard.

All parts have to be ordered and take 15-20 days to come to the MASS. But costs are most reasonable. Take proper test drives and get the vehicle examined by MASS before finalising. Be prepared for some extra work to crop up, as I have experience. About 50K-70K budget for unexpected repairs should be provided for.

Re. pricing it is very dynamic and depends on the market and condition of the vehicle. In Pune region ballpark for a MT, of the vintage you are looking at, would be 4.2 - 4.5 Lakhs. AT would be around 5L.

See my posts in Samurai's thread for my experience with an AT. Go back a few pages to get a proper idea :-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...00-kms-51.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks