Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 10:48   #31
Ice
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Beg to differ, but the leveller works for the low beams. Try it out on against a blank wall. On the contrary, I suspect it's the high beam that is somehow disconnected from the leveller.
Is it humanly possible that Fiat got the wires crossed on mine? YES!

Quote:
Are you sure your warranty is not void after the Philips H4 80W? I am thinking of an upgrade, but not at the cost of the electricals (Palio electricals are not known to be the best or the most reliable)
nope! VST motors did it for me themselves, pre-delivery. They fixed the lights, horn, and the tires and these 3 items figure on the sale receipt so no warranty issues (hopefully!)

Quote:
One more thing, if you have upgraded to Potenzas 185 R14, how come you are still running the stock wheelcaps (as in the pictures)? Or are you using the R13 wheelcaps on R14s? I am looking at a tyre upgrade around the 25k km mark and I am first exploring my options with stock R13 rims and 185 width tyres. Upgrading to R14 and alloys is the second option for me.
I must be getting old. Its the R13s. Sorry

Quote:
And by the way, congratulations on thr first Peted Palio Multijet on this forum. cheers:
Thanks! And here's to many more!
Old 9th January 2009, 11:25   #32
BHPian

Architect,
I have upgraded my Palio 1.9 Ds stock tires to Micheline 185*13 Energy XM1 just before the rains and believe me the tires are too good.Cabin noise has reduce and most important breaking has improved you wont feel need of ABS at any speed,cornering speed has increased at least by 10-15 Km/Hr.
It costs at 3400 *4,Delhi it my be less.And If you can stretch your budget and upgrade to 14 Alloy and tire that will be the beast option.
In Mumbai at Kurla you get Original alloys at 2500 Each.
Old 10th January 2009, 02:05   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Architect,
I have upgraded my Palio 1.9 Ds stock tires to Micheline 185*13 Energy XM1 just before the rains and believe me the tires are too good.Cabin noise has reduce and most important breaking has improved you wont feel need of ABS at any speed,cornering speed has increased at least by 10-15 Km/Hr.
It costs at 3400 *4,Delhi it my be less.And If you can stretch your budget and upgrade to 14 Alloy and tire that will be the beast option.
In Mumbai at Kurla you get Original alloys at 2500 Each.
where exactly in kurla do you get them?
can you give me the address?
Old 10th January 2009, 10:39   #34
BHPian

Address

At Kurla (West) on CST road the shop name is Aamber Motors,he keep all Fiat parts at very reasonable rate,actually i lost his visiting card so don't have his contact number ,but do visit his shop you will get almost all the spare parts whcih we dont get at Tata -Fiat service center.
Old 10th January 2009, 10:58   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
At Kurla (West) on CST road the shop name is Aamber Motors,he keep all Fiat parts at very reasonable rate,actually i lost his visiting card so don't have his contact number ,but do visit his shop you will get almost all the spare parts whcih we dont get at Tata -Fiat service center.
Do they supply 2nd's or brand new spares? can we trust these guys as Kurla is notorious for 2nd's & duplicates.
Old 10th January 2009, 13:49   #36
BHPian

you have to be careful about that be we can make out the the difference Original and duplicates.but the shop which i mentioned keeps the original FIAT parts,what he says is he supplies spares to there shops in town like shetty motors and all.I brought orignal digital watch,AC vents logo and fron grill for my car,which were new and orignal.
Old 10th January 2009, 15:23   #37
BHPian

thanks a lot for the address parimal.will surely visit there for alloys
Old 15th January 2009, 23:28   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Dude, that's some awesome mileage! Is your car on a diet?
I need to stop pushing my car so much...the 13s and 14s are really killing my wallet. And I love driving it with the windows down, as long as its under 100 kmph. After that, its impossible because of the wind noise.
I think your FE will definitely improve around second service. Even the noise level from the engine will reduce
Old 16th January 2009, 17:50   #39
Ice
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
I think your FE will definitely improve around second service. Even the noise level from the engine will reduce

The increased FE is welcome, but I love the roar of the engine
Old 27th January 2009, 19:11   #40
Ice
BHPian

********UPDATED***********5,500 KM./4 Months************

I've just returned from a quick weekend trip to Madras, and Forza has racked up 5500 km! ~1500 km of this has been with the Pete's box, which is mind-numbingly good.

Mileage has increased - getting 15 on highways consistently now, with v.high speed driving. I use the GQ route (Bangalore - Krishnagiri - Vellor - Chennai) on the way to Madras, and the old (Chittoor) road on the way back, so that I don't face the horrendous Electronic City stretch at the end of a long drive. On the GQ route, I average ~105 km per hour, with Madras coming up in 4 hours or so (door to door). The car cruises effortlessly at 145-150. The engine gets just a little ragged around 160 (engine running over 3000 rpm at this point). I've hit a top speed (pls. keep in mind possible speedo error) of 168 kmph.

The Pete's box has increased driveability considerably, and the pull in 3rd (till 90) and 4th (till 130 or so) is dreamy. I've left many a bigger sedan behind in these gears.

No issues with the car at all..she is lovely! Going to be doing a lot of driving over the next few weekends. Pictures to follow!
Old 27th January 2009, 23:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car cruises effortlessly at 145-150. The engine gets just a little ragged around 160 (engine running over 3000 rpm at this point). I've hit a top speed (pls. keep in mind possible speedo error) of 168 kmph.
That's some sizeable improvement, I must say.

Typically I am doing 100kph at 2500 RPM (5th) and about 125-130 kph at 3000RPM (5th). Have no idea of the speeds / RPM beyond 140 kph because never got the road or nerve to do with the skinny 165 tyres.

Quote:
The Pete's box has increased driveability considerably, and the pull in 3rd (till 90) and 4th (till 130 or so) is dreamy. I've left many a bigger sedan behind in these gears.
Are you on Stage 1? And what is power/torque figure claimed by Mr Pete? Just wanted to ask as I was looking at the viability of the Pete's box given it's somewhat reasonable price tag.

Quote:
Mileage has increased - getting 15 on highways consistently now, with v.high speed driving.
I thought I was getting bad FE with 19kpl on a highway drive at 90-105 kph. Here you tell me this is your improved FE !
Old 28th January 2009, 09:55   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Mileage has increased - getting 15 on highways consistently now, with v.high speed driving.
You say increase in mileage, and you say you are now getting 15kmpl. Well Ice, i feel there is something really wrong somewhere.

Even I do high speeds, almost daily I do a 130-140kmph on a stretch of 8-10kms, though mine MJD is not Pete'd, but it always returns me an FE of 21+.

Oh ! I think the only difference here would be that I engage 5th gear as soon I cross 60kmph and it would be just then i.e. after 60kmph that you would start enjoying the Pete'ing.

Happy Pete'ing

PS : Even I am thinking of getting my MJD Pete'd and I am sure with my driving style ( engaging 5th as soon as you cross 60kmph ), will give me good FE.

Thoughts on the same Ice.
Old 28th January 2009, 10:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

Interesting. Why does putting 5th after 60 get better FE?
Old 28th January 2009, 11:17   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Interesting. Why does putting 5th after 60 get better FE?
I have not reffered to any books here, just my personal experience.

Putting 5th after 60kmph would mean that I cross 2000rpm mark only when in 5th gear, may be that has something to do with FE, though i am not sure about it, but i am for sure happy with the FE of 21+ by doing so ( 50% city [outer ring road], 50% highway [Delhi-Gurgaon expressway] )
Old 29th January 2009, 19:52   #45
Ice
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
You say increase in mileage, and you say you are now getting 15kmpl. Well Ice, i feel there is something really wrong somewhere.

Even I do high speeds, almost daily I do a 130-140kmph on a stretch of 8-10kms, though mine MJD is not Pete'd, but it always returns me an FE of 21+.

Oh ! I think the only difference here would be that I engage 5th gear as soon I cross 60kmph and it would be just then i.e. after 60kmph that you would start enjoying the Pete'ing.
Spot on. I rev the engine to 4K in every gear. Thats the way I've been driving all these years, and it doesn't look I am going to change anytime soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Happy Pete'ing

PS : Even I am thinking of getting my MJD Pete'd and I am sure with my driving style ( engaging 5th as soon as you cross 60kmph ), will give me good FE.

Thoughts on the same Ice.
This sounds very workable! The Pete's mapping frees up some great pull around 2000 (~300 rpm below stock). You should be able to enjoy some lovely cruising! All the best, Bubby

Quote:
That's some sizeable improvement, I must say.

Typically I am doing 100kph at 2500 RPM (5th) and about 125-130 kph at 3000RPM (5th). Have no idea of the speeds / RPM beyond 140 kph because never got the road or nerve to do with the skinny 165 tyres.
Architect, go ahead and change the tyres. Get 185s. They add exceptional driving value. With the new tyres, you should be able to cruise in the 130-140 kmph range without feeling apprehensive. Also, braking improves considerably, as expected. Fiat has under-tyred the Palio MJD quite horribly.

Quote:
Are you on Stage 1? And what is power/torque figure claimed by Mr Pete? Just wanted to ask as I was looking at the viability of the Pete's box given it's somewhat reasonable price tag.
Haven't checked the torque figures yet. But the peak power output is supoosed to be in the 90 bhp range, and you can definitely feel this!

Quote:
I thought I was getting bad FE with 19kpl on a highway drive at 90-105 kph. Here you tell me this is your improved FE !
I have NEVER got high FEs in any of my cars. Be it the Uno diesel, the Qualis, or the Petra 1.6. I give the rev meter a good workout

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks