Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 23:57   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
But isn't it a early to change tyres? Howe much have you done?
Not to mention that the particular car in question puts 90 PS instead of 75 and 215 Nm instead of 190, thanks to Mr Pete.

I guess you car sees much more action than any other MJD, considering the FE that you're managing.

Ice, after so much of running, has TASC "discovered" the box or noticed anything unusual in the car (like damage to clutch plate etc) due to Pete's? (not that I really expect TASC to, since they rarely manage to spot problem staring at their faces, at times)
Old 10th November 2009, 00:31   #122
Ice
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Not to mention that the particular car in question puts 90 PS instead of 75 and 215 Nm instead of 190, thanks to Mr Pete.

I guess you car sees much more action than any other MJD, considering the FE that you're managing.

Ice, after so much of running, has TASC "discovered" the box or noticed anything unusual in the car (like damage to clutch plate etc) due to Pete's? (not that I really expect TASC to, since they rarely manage to spot problem staring at their faces, at times)
Architect,

TASC have not discovered the box. I diligently remove the box before driving to the service station. Funny incident: One SA at Prerana asked me why I hadn't thought about buying "peter's tuning box" from Kerala. He said it was a great way to boost mileage!"

And no, there has been no damage to the clutch plate, no excess oil consumption, etc. Possibly the only Pete's related fault has been the wearing out of the front brake pads at 24K km. What the box does is reduce the deceleration benefit you get from lifting your foot off the throttle. Also, the power keeps coming at you all the way till 4,400 rpm or so, so downshifting doesn't help too much either. Hence, you end up using the brake a whole lot more.But I'm not complaining. The car's a hoot to drive.

I recently took her up to Coonoor, and she polished off the 36-odd hairpins on the steep Kalatti route with aplomb. Go for the box, Architect. It's worth every penny!
Old 11th November 2009, 16:14   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Possibly the only Pete's related fault has been the wearing out of the front brake pads at 24K km.
I had to replace brake pads at 25,000 km without Pete's. I am not so bad a driver. It's all the bottom end torque in the city and the 100-0 kph situations on the highways

Quote:
What the box does is reduce the deceleration benefit you get from lifting your foot off the throttle.
Engine braking seems to be non-existant on this car.

Quote:
Go for the box, Architect. It's worth every penny!
Hmmm... I wish I could spare the cash.
Old 20th October 2010, 00:06   #124
Ice
BHPian

Long Overdue update

She's purring along at 53,000 km now. The last 8 months have been frenetic, with my wife moving to Madras for her pregnancy, and my company declining to shift its India office to Madras for this period.

As a result, I have been doing the Bangalore-Madras drive almost every weekend. Forza's odo has flown to the 50 K mark in record time, and she's settled down. From 32K to 50K has been a peaceful time for the both of us, unmarred by unscheduled visits to Prerana Motors (or VST in Madras, for that matter).

Services:
37,500 km (done at 35,000) Cost: Rs.3,800/-
45,000 km (done at 43,000) Cost: Rs.4,969/-
52,500 km (done at 50,000) Cost: Rs.6,986/- (brake pads changed)

One thing that I have noticed in the last two months is a sort of whine which the engine makes. This whine increases in pitch and volume as I rev the engine. Need to get it checked out.

Sadly, any further updates to this thread will be a result of second-hand information from my father, who has commandeered Forza for his office runs. He absolutely loves the way the car drives, and it gives him the flexibility to reach the sort of places he wouldn't dare to in his new Fortuner. Come to think of it, the Fortuner has done only 2,988 km. since its delivery on Aug 4th (and this includes a 1100 km round trip to Tirunelveli).

And as for me, I get the 5-year 90,000 km. Octy. I love the Octy, and enjoy the relative comfort it gives me on the long drives every week. She drives well, has a great audio system, and new tires. And Vinayaka Auto in Bangalore isn't half as bad as the other Skoda service centers (especially Grrrrr-udev in Madras). But every time I see a small overtaking opportunity, or a wannabe boy-racer in a 14 lakh+ car, I SORELY miss Forza and the instant smile she'd bring to my face in such a situation.

To reconfirm, Forza is still very much in the family. I will keep this thread updated, and also post some pictures. Till then, cheerio.

Last edited by Ice : 20th October 2010 at 00:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks