Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 15:23   #1
BHPian

Swift Zxi 3years/25,000 Kms report

I have now completed 3 years on my swift zxi. It was driven on in the ratio of say 30 ~ 40% highways and remaining city. She is fantastic and has never let me down. Zxi is a complete VFM car.

Fastest I have driven around 150kmph on a barren road. Did not go further than than since I did not trust the stock JK tyres.

Experiences:

One early morning on a highway was cruising @around 110 a cyclist wanted to corss the road first. I had to do hard braking and had to go left to avoid him. She was really composed and ABS did the job very well.

Having said that I still feel that brakes lack the bite.

Installed brand new wiper baldes (bosch - supposed to be best). Next day on the highway and its heavy rain around 7.30PM between krishnagiri and hosur. Wipers are operating in full speed. Suddenly the driver side wiper blade turns turtle and is broken.

Even before i could stop the wiper and stop the car, the damage was already done. One scratch in the shape of an arc on the windscreen.

Pros:

1. Absolutely composed upto speeds 120kmph.
2. Very good air conditioning.
3. Good cabin. Very low noise levels.
4. Very good fuel efficiency. ( I have had sedate drives when she retured 18+ on highways with A/c)
5. Very good service backup.
6. Car has a good build quality.
7. Very good EPS.
8. Very good suspension even on bad roads.

Cons:

1. Better plastics. Dash board rattle noise comes on bad roads.
2. Much improvised headlights
3. Better brakes (would prefer all four disc)
4. More torque reqd especially for highways with four people and A/c running.
5. Probably a 10 cm increase in wheelbase. That would have given a lot more interior space.

Would have loved if she had

1. Electrically adjustable ORVM.
2. Tilt steering
3. More torque (especially low end)
4. Better head lights. (h1/h7 or projector or even xenons)
5. Steering wheel audio controls.
6. Trip meter with distance to empty.

She would have been an absoulte stunner if she came with the above and a nice bright yellow color.

Overall I would rate the car 8/10. (build quality, comfort, ride and handling, interior space, fuel efficiency)
Old 5th January 2009, 15:32   #2
Team-BHP Support

Great.

How much have you spent on servicing the car ? And how about some pics ?
Old 5th January 2009, 15:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Shyam,
Good report there. How about some pics ? No plans to upgrade from the stock tyres ?

The Zxi now comes with Tilt steering and audio controls
Old 5th January 2009, 15:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nice report pinpointing to evergreen G13B problems.
Have you gone in for new set of tyres from other brands or using those stock JK ? I think that they came with Apollo as stock.

Please post some pictures of the car.
Old 5th January 2009, 15:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshyamsundar View Post
Dash board rattle noise comes on bad roads.
)
Perhaps this can be reduced/eliminated (at least temporarily given Indian roads) by highlighting this at the service station and getting it rectified.
Old 5th January 2009, 16:00   #6
BHPian

I drive a SWIFT Vxi, clocked 50,000 kms in 3y8m. So far its going strong apart from the side panel rattling issue. Get a mileage of around 13 in city driving with AC (50%) and above 17 on highway.
And as rightly pointed out a little more of low end grunt wouldn't hurt at all. Hope this is fixed in the new version of SWIFT Petrol (whenever it sees daylight).
Old 5th January 2009, 17:21   #7
BHPian

I am still on the stock JK tyres for the moment. Infact they look good and it looks like they are going to last for ever.

Yeah will change them to Michelin maybe after another 10K.

Yeah the new swift now comes with tilt steering and audio controls. I wish they were there right from the launch.

With regards to servicing I spent money on oil, coolant (std consumables) change twice. Got 3M cleaning done on the interiors of the car during last service. paid 800 for this.

Besides that I changed the wiper baldes to bosch and unfortunately had to again buy another set after two days. Paid 250 + 250 for this.

The gear lever has a aluminium ring with some rexin buttoned to the ring covering it. Had to change that since the rexin came out. I asked if it was available in leather but they told it was not. I spent 60 rupees on that.

If I recollect all my service expenses would be about 6K.

Apart from that I have osram silverstar headlight bulbs and H11 55W fog lamps.

Now my JVC music system is not working. The service guy has no idea on what is wrong with the system. I am yet to hear from him and it is almost 2 weeks. JVC service is !@#$$%^^&

Thinking of buying a new HU.

But believe me guys driving a car without music is a different experience. I feel more involved.

Sorry guys, this is the only pic i have handy now.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Zxi 3years/25,000 Kms report-imag0022.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks