Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 18:41   #136
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Another one.. the Odometer/Trip meter stays illuminated even after I switch off the ignition and lock from outside. I tried waiting for more than 4-5 minutes to see if it goes off and it did not, after which I lose patience and leave.

Has anybody noted this ?, Is this normal ?
I believe this is the same even on the Fiesta, i remember someone else also mention this earlier. Nothing to worry about.

Between, are you sure that you waited for 4-5 minutes before you checked again?
Old 30th March 2009, 22:27   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
benbsb29 : I believe this is the same even on the Fiesta, i remember someone else also mention this earlier. Nothing to worry about.
@2theMaz : Normal : display will disappear on it's own. Have you ever seen the odo reading displayed when you come back ?

Btw, lock the car with the remote & see if the display is still there. Display may also be tied to the remote locking being activated.
Old 30th March 2009, 23:12   #138
BHPian

One of the Key difference between Fiesta & Ikon is engine mounting. The ikon is mounted on rubber where as the Fiesta is mounted on Hydraulics . Thats the reason vibration creeps into the cabin of Ikon.

Though Ikon had 1.8D long time ago, the Chassis has undergone number of changes as it had to support only 1.3petrol in the recent years. I did Ikon TDCI test drive the day they launched and been thinking, thinking & thinking to buy it. But yet to decide
Old 31st March 2009, 10:18   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
nityanand.s.s : Though Ikon had 1.8D long time ago, the Chassis has undergone number of changes as it had to support only 1.3petrol in the recent years.
@Nityanand, what changes has the chassis undergone, and why ?
Old 31st March 2009, 13:08   #140

I just found this on a road test report done by carwale guys:
"You can’t lock the keys in the car: the only way to lock all doors without the key is to sit in the rear seat, shut all doors, push one of the front door handles in so that it locks all the doors, then open the rear door, get out, lock it and shut it with the handle pulled out. Congratulations – you’ve now managed to lock all the doors without the key. If this doesn’t work, Ford tells us that any Ford car key (or any key that fits into the keyhole) will lock the doors – but it won’t unlock them"
Good feature this one, the only thing is that the sales person does not know all this in detail to help himself sell the car. So most of us are also probably unaware. Did anyone here know this before?
Old 31st March 2009, 14:01   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Nityanand, what changes has the chassis undergone, and why ?
Reason: Initially when launched they did have both Diesel and petrol variant. It always makes sense to have one Chassis ... Later they moved to only the petrol variant and a lot of scooping was done to support only the petrol as a cost saving effort
Old 31st March 2009, 14:24   #142
BHPian

Quote:
@2theMaz : Normal : display will disappear on it's own. Have you ever seen the odo reading displayed when you come back ?

Btw, lock the car with the remote & see if the display is still there. Display may also be tied to the remote locking being activated.
Yup it does go off, but don't know when and the logic behind it.

And I don't have a remote lock yet

I have clocked 1100 Kms and Iam taking her to Cbe this weekend.

Last edited by 2theMax : 31st March 2009 at 14:26.
Old 1st April 2009, 13:28   #143
BHPian

In between, i did decide about the car I wanted buy. Its Fiesta 1.6S. Any suggestions ?
Old 4th April 2009, 00:09   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

@Nityanand, Go for it ! It's a drivers car, you will enjoy it.
Old 4th April 2009, 05:44   #145
BHPian

@condor

Congrats on your new (not so new now!) wheels and the fun you are having with them. I am dilly-dallying on buying between Ford Ikon Diesel and Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura (which is about 35k cheaper too, besides having factory fitted Audio system and therefore, net net about 50 k cheaper). I am particularly worried about the low seating position (for driver) in Ikon. I am six feet tall and weigh a 100k. Do you think I will be able to sit and drive comfortably? And, otherwise, how is the space all around in Ikon? Any other issues with this car which put it at a disadvantage vis-a-vis Indica Vista?
Thanx for your time.

-Navneet
Old 4th April 2009, 08:08   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

@Navneet, it's a difficult pick between the two cars unless there are some clear cut requirements like a boot. Check ingress & egress in both cars. Take a longer test drive if you want to. Get a good feel of the controls of both the cars.

Personally, I would not consider the audio system as a deal maker.

Considering that you are much better built than many, I think the Vista may be better for you.

* Better power.
* Better service network.
* Better seat support below the thighs.
* But Vista doesnt have a boot
* More space inside than the Ikon.

While the central console is new, it will not impede one's driving & ability to view the indicators.

Ikon's low seating position is not a problem - sometimes feels like being a rallyist !

If you have specific concerns for either, do post them here. Or PM me.
Old 4th April 2009, 08:17   #147
BHPian

Quote:
@Nityanand, Go for it ! It's a drivers car, you will enjoy it.
Thanks Condor !!! Pretty much set for the buy !!
Old 7th April 2009, 10:45   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
condor : Reg the rpm's, do remember to take her to 3k rpm for 30 seconds 'when driving', once a week.
Proxima : Should be fun.
You bet ! 3k rpm @ 5th gear = 120 kmph. Touched 3250 rpm when I did 130 kmph early morning on the (new) airport road.

The car was confident about itself, and still had juice left. And I was searching for a 6th, as I tried to go faster !

But sound was definitely high .. upto 100 kmph it's fine, but sound keeps increasing as you keep increasing the revs. Gear lever vibrates quite a bit - enough to make the 'vibration' felt during city speeds, hardly anything in comparison. No other vibrations / harshness otherwise.
Old 7th April 2009, 11:59   #149
BHPian

Quote:
You bet ! 3k rpm @ 5th gear = 120 kmph. Touched 3250 rpm when I did 130 kmph early morning on the (new) airport road.

The car was confident about itself, and still had juice left. And I was searching for a 6th, as I tried to go faster !

But sound was definitely high .. upto 100 kmph it's fine, but sound keeps increasing as you keep increasing the revs. Gear lever vibrates quite a bit - enough to make the 'vibration' felt during city speeds, hardly anything in comparison. No other vibrations / harshness otherwise.
@ Condor,

Did you test drive Fiesta TDCI ? Curious to know the vibration level between Ikon v/s fiesta with same engines at top speeds !!
Old 7th April 2009, 20:53   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

@Nityanand, I did TD the Fiesta, but just some normal city driving conditions. That short TD was enough to convince me that the Fiesta, though much better than the Ikon, needed a bigger heart. The 1.4 TDCi is a mismatch for the heavier Fiesta. The sound damping etc of the Fiesta is much much better than the Ikon's.

Btw, I'm yet to reach this Ikon's top-speed !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks