Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2014, 11:52   #61
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura L&K : 20,000 kms review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
WOW! I almost forgot about this thread of mine, thanks for bumping it up. I would recommend Prabhu's New Mars Enterprises (Moosapet/KukatpallY) and Mazda Motors (Balamrai - Secunderabad), two very good multi-brand workshops.

Just be careful and ensure you go not get a car that has been abused. The PD engine is a fantastic mill and has a much wider torque range than the CRDi unit. If you find a good car with the PD engine do not let it go!

Cheers,
I bought a 2010 ambiente MT in candy white color with 63k on the odo. It was last serviced in December 2013 and looks to be in good condition. Took a good friend with me to check it out and he mentioned that the engine was free revving and in good shape and no noises were heard. The owner replaced the tires as well. I used to own a Vento petrol before and this is quite an upgrade in terms of size, interiors and driving dynamics. Still getting used to it.
Just today however I noticed that the yellow engine light is on after I start it. Should I take it to the Skoda A.S.S or to one of the places you mentioned? Could you also provide me with a reference if possible?

Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 16:58   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvothe_rules View Post
I bought a 2010 ambiente MT in candy white color with 63k on the odo. It was last serviced in December 2013 and looks to be in good condition. Took a good friend with me to check it out and he mentioned that the engine was free revving and in good shape and no noises were heard. The owner replaced the tires as well. I used to own a Vento petrol before and this is quite an upgrade in terms of size, interiors and driving dynamics. Still getting used to it.
That's the CRDI/TDI engine and not a Pump Duse (PD) engine. IMO, its a lovely engine and better than pump duse in terms of performance and also reliability

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvothe_rules View Post
Just today however I noticed that the yellow engine light is on after I start it. Should I take it to the Skoda A.S.S or to one of the places you mentioned? Could you also provide me with a reference if possible?
Engine Light on could mean anything. Loose connectors, check for any one component etc

You can call Just Dial and ask for number of garage "New Mars" in Kukatpally and when you call them as for Prabhu and you can then meet him for a quick check so he can diagnose and let you know the exact problem
Old 13th May 2014, 18:59   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That's the CRDI/TDI engine and not a Pump Duse (PD) engine. IMO, its a lovely engine and better than pump duse in terms of performance and also reliability

Engine Light on could mean anything. Loose connectors, check for any one component etc

You can call Just Dial and ask for number of garage "New Mars" in Kukatpally and when you call them as for Prabhu and you can then meet him for a quick check so he can diagnose and let you know the exact problem
Hi Mobike008,

Its an early 2010 ambiente so it still came with the 1.9 PD mill. The car I bought did not have manuals so could not figure out the warning indicator. Checked with the Skoda app and it turned out to be an issue with one of the bulbs. Mahavir Auto is running a summer camp so just took it there for a check up and was told everything is good. They replaced a halogen and a pencil beam bulb and the warning light disappeared. Have some faint rattles in the dash. I will check it up with New Mars in a couple of weeks.
I have really enjoyed driving it till date and will start an ownership thread soon. I dont see many people buying pre-owned with that mileage and maintaining an ownership thread.

Regards,
kvothe

Most Viewed