Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 19:23   #46
rippergeo

Please make sure the filter is cleaned regularly. Even though the recommended cleaning interval is 5k kilometers for the green, i have always got it cleaned at 2.5k, because the drop in performance is noticeable. kerala is not as dusty as the north, so you guys will definitely thorough cleaning depending on your driving conditions.

Diesels need a lot of oxygen, and those Turbos are strong enough to deform filters with their suction if the airflow is compromised due to dirt.

Old 12th February 2010, 16:11   #47
Senior - BHPian

sbhasin , how's your Pete'd Innova doing ? Just wanted to hear of updates, if any.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 12th February 2010 at 16:12.
Old 15th February 2010, 15:43   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
sbhasin , how's your Pete'd Innova doing ? Just wanted to hear of updates, if any.
SDP1975 - It is doing great. No words to describe the transformation really. Have been to Goa, Munnar, Chennai and Pondy so far. Gives so much confidence on the overtaking maneouvres. Engine is much more silent and have reached speeds of 140 kph. Do not think I could have achieved the same without Pete's box as engine note otherwise gets real thrashy

I was able to enjoy the vehicle only after putting in this box and in fact my wife has become a convert too and mentions that the box has totally changed the driving experience. I think more than the Swift's and Skoda's it will help an underpowered car like Innova
Old 23rd June 2010, 08:34   #49
BHPian

Sbhasin,

Do you observe any noticeable change in the FE after the modification?
Old 26th June 2010, 12:49   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindr View Post
Sbhasin,

Do you observe any noticeable change in the FE after the modification?
Nope, No. It is same as before. I typically get 9.5 to 10 km/liter in city driving. It is much more on highway
Old 3rd January 2011, 14:49   #51
BHPian

Re: My Innova with Pete's tuning box - Initial observations

The car recently came back from 40,000 km service. It is running great with the Pete's box. Toyota driver said - "Sir ji your car is in great shape. Do you want to sell?" Of course, I have no such thoughts, esp given that I bought this car at 11 lacs and now the top end Innova cost 15+ lacs, from what I hear

Cleaned the air filter on my own after the service and it has made a huge difference to the performance. As I have mentioned earlier, cleaning air filter every 5K miles is mandatory with Pete's else performance drops perceptibly. This time I did not buy the Green cotton filter cleaner - I created my own with Pril+Water. I hazard to say it was as effective, if not more, since I could create a liberal quantity in a bucket

For oil, I used the left over oil bottles from previous purchases. Again the proportion of Filter oil to Filter cleaner that you get with the Cleaner+oil package is absurd. The cleaner is good only for 1 usage but the oil seems to last 2-3 applications hence I went with my own cleaner combo after researching t-bhp

This forum is great!

Driving down to Goa on 14th Jan and looking forward to the drive :-)
Old 9th January 2011, 14:24   #52
BHPian

Decided to get a few more works done before GOA drive:

a) Got the windshield glass cleaned. It had number of scratches and night driving was becoming a problem. Initially I asked service guys to put in a new windshield glass (Rs 13,500) but they recommended me to go for chemical cleaning and it worked like a charm. After the cleaning I do not see any scratches at all. And all it costed is like Rs 1300

b) Upgraded the headlamps to Philips 100/90. Working like a charm - Much brighter esp in High beam mode. Cost = Rs 1300

Happy with the work done by Nandi guys on Hosur road

Will provide the updates after Goa trip
Old 2nd May 2011, 23:25   #53
BHPian

Hi all,

I am a team bhp member since few years but i use to go thru the portal with out loggin in.
I have a white colour innova with skirtings & new shape ,which has done 88.5K KM and 4 years old.
The bulbs are 100/130 ( 1 philips , 1 Flosser (philips is better)) and it was installed outside with an electronic cut outer ( dont know if the terminology is right). The light is powerful but the white light Philips (90/100) use to give more clarity in the lower beams.
I could not drive my innova beyond 135 Km speed even though road was straight.
I heard a few saying they could drive it upto 160 KM speed.
Please Let me know how is the long term experience after the fitting on Pete's tuning box.
I have owned Premier 118, padmini, wagon R, Indigo, M 800 & Scorprio . Currently my dear ones are my Innova & Matiz.
Old 24th December 2011, 19:39   #54
BHPian

Innova has crossed 55000 kms now. Looks, feels, drives and works as good as new. Pete's has given the car a whole new character and one I am extremely thankful for - it was a bit of a pain frankly to drive it without the Pete's

Time to change the stock tyres it came with. I am planning to upsize to Bridgestone turanza ER-60 225/60R15 tyres. Hopefully they will fit in the original rims and alloys. Turanzas seem to be a smart choice for reasonably rough terrain, which is what I need to deal with

Any thoughts on this upsize from forum members would be appreciated.
sbhasin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2012, 15:01   #55
BHPian

Hi Guys My innova is now 6 years and done 80000.wanted to change then changed my mind as g variant which I bough for 9.6 lakhs now costs 13 lakhs on road! I want to how ever have a new exp with my car .Is Pete box a good idea at this stage ? I have no issues what soever with my car ,always 10 km per l and nothing has been changed except the tyres. Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 15:10   #56
BHPian

You've got a great Innova! Pete'd Innovas are a rarity in Chennai. Take care of your long distance champion
Old 11th June 2013, 22:26   #57
BHPian

sbhasin, you must have done another 1 lakh Km in your Pete'd Innova by now. How is she holding up? Any negative long-term impacts? Your long-term user experience will be much appreciated. I have a 2006 Innova that has done 1.6 lakh Kms, and was thinking about a Pete box in it, just for fun.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 15:06   #58
D4D
BHPian

How different is Pete's box from RaceDynamics' Deiseltronics?
Old 14th January 2015, 12:41   #59
BHPian

hi sbhasin reviving an old thread.
am thinking of installing a petes box in i20. looking for your review how has your innova fared so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks