Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2005, 16:58   #1
BHPian

10000 km report - Fiat Siena 1.6 ELX (Royal Gold)

Against the well meaning advice of many friends & family....I went ahead & bought the Vehicle. I had driven a Siena before & although I test drove the Ikon Flair & the Corsa 1.4, Maruti Esteem & Tata Indigo, I decided to go for the Siena. It was a sunset model at that time ( Mar'04) & there were already talks of the Petra Coming In.

Here's the 10k Report :

1. Interiors - Not flashy, Not tacky, but perfect. I had some comments on the Silver Colour of the Dashboard, but that's about it. All controls are within easy reach & quite logically laid out.
2. Music System - Got a company fitted( part of overall cost) Kenwood 6 Speaker Casette Player. No problems till. Not great output in terms of bass, but overall good acoustics.
3. Electronics - No problems so far with either the front or the rear lights, the electronic rear view mirror adjustments or otherwise. Some dud had a question on what's the use of a Rear Defogger. He shut up once been given a lift in the rain.
4. Power Delivery - Before buying this car, i had driven my Dad's Alto & Zen & also Esteem a couple of times. So initially this vehicle did seem sluggish, but I guess this car aint a winner in the 0-30 kmph race. 30 kmph + is when the power of 100 horses shows up. Have driven with 5 people + luggage in the boot from Hyderabad to Bangalore with AC on always. No problem with the Power Delivery. Have touched a max of 140 kmph ( its the roads, not the car). I am any way not much of a vroom vroom driver. Just had couple of red light races with some high ego Scorpio drivers & beat them easily.
5. FE - I have odd office timings - against the flow of traffic & odd hrs - so I easily get 11-12 km/ltr with AC on 50% of the time. Even in Hyderabad Old City Driving, I have never got below 10 km/ltr. I follow the instructions to the T - i change gears looking at the rpm meter, keep my foot off the clutch, use hand brakes on red lights, parkings & whenver the situation demands, drive on 1st gear with foot off the clutch in bumper to bumper driving conditions, have been using Xtrapremium ( i couldnt find Speed 93 here in Hyderabad). In the Hyd - Bangalore drive , I got 18 km/ltr.
6. Service - Had 2 Services done with Anuroop here in Hyderabad. No problems - would how ever like them to be more sophisticated ( not that I am too desi :-) - but I have seen the suave Ford Service Centres & the very efficient Maruti Service Centres in Delhi. Certainly lots of scope for improvement.
7. Cost of Spares - Had to replace the front driver side headlight assembly - no problem with availability.
6. Overall Performance - Gets a full thumbs up from me. Overall good package.
Old 27th April 2005, 18:33   #2
BANNED

Hey paharino1,

Nice report. Pics would help. how much did this vehicle cost on road. What tyres are you running on? Any problems with braking. How is the reliabilty. No issues i hope with the service.

Cheers.
Old 27th April 2005, 18:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi Paharino.

So another Fiat owner from Hyd. Good report. On which route do you travel regularly? If by chance you travel throug Erramanzil (The road from Khairatabad towards Ameer pet), there is one BPCL pump there. You get Speed 93 there. And also, it is one of the best pump.

Where do you work and where do you stay? Me and Aadix (another tbhpian from Hyd) a big get together in Hyd after Aadix's exams are over by end of May.

If by chance, you work near Hi-Tech city, keep looking for a Formula red Palio D, and yes, I will be looking for a Gold Siena...
Old 27th April 2005, 19:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

Good to see yet another "against-all-odds" Fiat lover. Welcome to the forum! Lot of people here like Fiat cars. Especially, those 1.6 ones!
Old 28th April 2005, 12:14   #5
BHPian

i wonder the old sienna is the same one that petra has?
any answers.
Old 28th April 2005, 12:29   #6
BHPian

the engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
any answers.
i meant the engine of the sienna
Old 28th April 2005, 12:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
any answers.
Which old Sienna are you referring to? There was an old sienna and a new sienna. They were essentially different completely redone vehicles. New Sienna is very similar to Petra except some changes in positioning of catalytic converter , ECU for better FE. Petra is more like rebadged New Sienna with different price tag.
Old 28th April 2005, 12:45   #8
BHPian

i meant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Which old Sienna are you referring to? There was an old sienna and a new sienna. They were essentially different completely redone vehicles. New Sienna is very similar to Petra except some changes in positioning of catalytic converter , ECU for better FE. Petra is more like rebadged New Sienna with different price tag.
see what i meant was that the petra has the same engine as the GTX and was wondering the siennas, both the old and the new one had that(petr's)engine
Old 28th April 2005, 13:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

I think, the new Sienas (both 1.2 and 1.6) have the same engines as in Palio.
Old 28th April 2005, 13:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
I think, the new Sienas (both 1.2 and 1.6) have the same engines as in Palio.
Even the Petra D has the same engine as Palio D (1.9 liltre).
Old 28th April 2005, 15:06   #11
BHPian

Hey Pahari

welcome to the Siena club.. agree with your observations. This car is great on the highways. I had the good sense & luck to pick up the first 1.6 in Bangalore 4+ years back. This was the 'old' model - with the fish-face and bulbous behind. Done 40K KM on it. Havent gotten around to writing a long term report yet.

RX, Are you sure about the 'new' Siena being completely redone?. My sense was that it was almost the same car (chasis, engine, trannt, suspension) with different looks - exterior & interior.

VSN - The same 1.6 100bhp engine has done duty in, chronologically: 'old' Siena1.6, Palio1.6, 'new' Siena, Petra with the Adventure somewhere in between.
Old 28th April 2005, 15:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbhag
RX, Are you sure about the 'new' Siena being completely redone?. My sense was that it was almost the same car (chasis, engine, trannt, suspension) with different looks - exterior & interior.
I meant, Redone exterior and interior. Rest are the same. Also, I think new Sienna also had 14" as opposed to 13" for old 1.2 Sienna. (On other aspects, there is no difference between even Petra and Palio).

For details, refer to BS Motoring article on
New Fiat Sienna

Recently talked with the dealer and he said Fiat is going to come up with Adventure. It was due for launch in April, but somehow getting delayed.

Last edited by RX135 : 28th April 2005 at 15:24.
Old 28th April 2005, 15:34   #13
BHPian

Cool.. I had missed the wheel size difference.. mine came with 13"
For me, looks come last, atleast for a car ;-)

Hmmm.. Now what are the chances of getting a 4WD in the Adventure?
Old 28th April 2005, 16:46   #14
BHPian

The new Petra has 14" wheels and also the outer dia is different. the "new petra" has bigger wheels than the "Old Sienna" not sure how these compare with the "new sienna".

I guess that means that the gear ratios of the new petra are also different from the old sienna.

Nitin, to take your train of thought further down the rails, i would love to see an all wheel drive in a petra? ;-)
Old 28th April 2005, 19:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

As far as diesels go, Sienna had a 1.7 turbodiesel whereas the Petra has a 1.9 with no turbo.
The 1.7 was similar to the one in the Uno except the Uno engine did'nt have a turbo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks